Wiki Posts
Search

lipo strap for a cyclone tc help

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)
Default lipo strap for a cyclone tc help

I have a cyclone tc VTA car and i want to know what everyone uses to hold their lipo down? Im pretty new to on road. Whats with the fiberglass tape looking stuff? Im thinking of using the corner pieces off my xray t3 on the bottom and rigging up some kind of adjustable top plate as my lipos all vary slightly in height. I upgraded t carbon fiber bottom corner pieces on my t3.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I don't drive a Cyclone TC but I've owned other touring cars, currently a TC6 and 417, and the fiberglass tape is the most popular, it holds very well and a roll will last you a long time. Here's a link to some:

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...?catmainid=452

Some people use velcro straps, you can find ones made for your car or just go to the local Walmart and get some velcro in the craft secion and make your own.

The last option would be some type of brace but they tend to be heavy and if you run a different sized pack it might be a hassle changing it around, you can do a search to see if anyone makes a Cyclone specific one.

I'd just go with the tape or velcro..
Old 11-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

I use a Puretech velcro strap for my Cylcone TC

(not my photo)

http://www.puretechproducts.com/ptprod_straps.htm

and it holds my battery very well... I also have the brass weight plate under my battery as well to help with weight bias

but my battery is a 3400 lipo with the 'knobs' on the bottom to help keep the battery in the battery slots... a Square battery pack has its own inherent issues with sliding off the chassis.... so it depends on the battery that you are using....