Old 05-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Wink

SHOW-OFF... -JB
Old 05-15-2005, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey JB,

What's the point of winning if you can't brag about it afterwards.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Default 3700

Hey all Slappymasters, question is the chassis slot big enough to take the 3700 and still small enough for the 3300? i am thinking of joinin the Slappymasters team.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

3700's are great no problem, I ran them all weekend.

Chris
Old 05-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

I have ran the intellect 3600s in my car and they fit fine...not sure how much larger the gp 3700 cell is...ill get back to you soon on this matter...

sean maybell
Old 05-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Sean,

How are those intellect cells?

-Korey
Old 05-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

not very good so far
Old 05-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Hi All!

Hey Chris; you are going to have to slow down for me. Im am in a real bad spot. I am getting ready to move, everything is packed up and I will not have a shop set up for quite a while. I am having this new wave of potential customers looking for kits because "some guy" is killing 'em at Ripon with an MS2.2. My hands are tired here. I can't meet the demands. So do me a favor and sandbag just a little until I get back on my feet.

Actually Chris, I am very pleased to hear that the car is doing so well outside. It sounds like you are having a blast with it and that's what this is all about. If you go up on the block, it will reduce camber gain and reduce some steering in the corner. It's easy to change, just remember to re-set your camber when you go up or down.

The battery slots on the chassis are long, so that the bat's can be slid forward or backwards to adjust weight bias. Using longer cells should not be any problem at all.

The 2.3 updates have gelled and will be ready late this summer or early fall. Basically, the updates will be steering stops to reduce wheel chipping and improved front tire diameter range. I still may consider using the IRS rear lower pod plate in conjunction with the Asc lower plate to gain the ability to change wheel base easily. It will give a 3mm change, but I have not found that shorter is benificial. But the option could still be there if someone wants to try it.

There is also a "project x" car that might make the MS2.3 look conventional. Guarenteed, this will not be a cost effective car and will have more customized parts then common sence. It will definitely take molded carbon fiber to a whole new level (at least at my end). I am not ready to spill the beans on this design just yet, but rest assured that it will be tested locally in the Northwest.

My email and website will remain the same even though I am relocating. Sorry the website is stagnant, just way too many things to do that are more important right now.

Brian
Old 05-17-2005, 06:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Brian,

Hell no!!! I aint slowing down for nobody ! ! !

Yes I'm running the MS2.2 at Ripon which is going extremely well. I have won 2 out of 3 there the other was all my fault with a lot of stupidity thrown in by me.

http://www.riponspeedway.com/RaceRes...C2.txt&ID=1823

This is the results, go about half way down the page for my race, I have just over half a lap.

If lidting the the pin in the block reduces the steering then I am going to leave it right where it is, it's fantastic.

My 3700's are fine in the slots, I'm all the way back and running pink's and purples.

I will be runnng at Modest this weekend. I run my T-fource car there as the boerds are a little scary looking and a T-fource chassis is less expensive to replace

Take care all Slappy Chappies,

Chris.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default results

Chris: nicely done! It looks like you had them convered.... with a tarp!
Brian
Old 05-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Brian, i want to order a kit but now that your coming out with the MS2.3 how long would it take for me to get one.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Brian,

I'll keep you posted with my future results.

If anyone is interested in the setup, let me know.

I still need to send you some damper tubes Brian, I have them made up, I just need to get them in the mail. If you are moving house could you e-mail me your address to send them too please and I'll get on it.

Thanks.

Chris.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default Production schedule

Gang,
It really is impossible for me to build a car kit right now or in the near future. It will, unfortunately will not do you any good to pre-order anything at this time. It could be several months before I get my shop set up before I can start up production again. I am sorry for this delay, but my hands are tied. The best I can recommend is waiting for the 2.3. There are some tiny things that I will address on the 2.2 that will make for a great race car. I will make it a point to get the 2.3 going in time for the fall carpet racing season.

Brian
Old 06-09-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi all,

another win in stock on the asphalt last weekend, was really tough though people are starting to do some weird things with thier tires. a few people are going with greens or aqua's on the back. I tried aqua's but the tire sauce only lasted for about 90 seconds. It was a great 90 seconds don;t get me wrong but my lap times in the last minute was a whole 2 seconds slower. I went back to pinks and purples for the main but was 0.1 down from my best lap time with Aqua's. I'll try it again this week and see what I can do to improve traction for the duration of the race.

This car is great on asphalt, I was never hugely comfortable with it on the carpet but I will try it again when it comes around. It may be my driving style does not suit using the side springs on a T-bar car inside.

Chris
Old 06-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

A win without the "THREE WISE MEN" is llike kissing your sister. See you this Saturday @ Ripon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.