Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So are the new bearings in the front smaller? Whats the advantage of running the brace on the front arms?
Old 11-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdwaeracer
So are the new bearings in the front smaller? Whats the advantage of running the brace on the front arms?
Just the inner diameter is. As far as brace they are used to mellow steering out and for mounting long arms
Old 11-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

I currently have a crc xl, its a great car, I am sure the the Xi is going to be better but I am seriouly thinking about getting an Xray not because I think it is faster, has better handling or better built, what it has got is metric screws.

I also run an Xray TC it uses 3 allen key sizes for everthing I need so many allen keys for the CRC it effects the magnetic compasses of aircraft flying 35,000ft over my pit box

Bb
Old 11-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bucketboy
I currently have a crc xl, its a great car, I am sure the the Xi is going to be better but I am seriouly thinking about getting an Xray not because I think it is faster, has better handling or better built, what it has got is metric screws.

I also run an Xray TC it uses 3 allen key sizes for everthing I need so many allen keys for the CRC it effects the magnetic compasses of aircraft flying 35,000ft over my pit box

Bb
Realy, I have 7 drivers to do both my xray touring car and my 2 crc pan cars.

Last edited by BCbud; 11-17-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: wrong number of drivers
Old 11-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Hands down.....CRC is much better car. records speak for itself....
Old 11-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well I got my XL --> Xi upgrade today, got it along with the shorty adapter. Have my car converted over and have the battery inline. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. Went together super easy...just had to mack up one of my old bodies to fit cause am too tired to paint a new body tonight lol.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cowarn
Well I got my XL --> Xi upgrade today, got it along with the shorty adapter. Have my car converted over and have the battery inline. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. Went together super easy...just had to mack up one of my old bodies to fit cause am too tired to paint a new body tonight lol.
Just spraybomb one and slap it on there.......
Old 11-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BCbud
Realy, I have 7 drivers to do both my xray touring car and my 2 crc pan cars.
Don't forget the two differant wheel spanners and the philips screwdriver for the CRC

Bb
Old 11-18-2011, 12:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Have to admit, have heard folks talk/complain about a given car not being fast enough......have heard folks talk/complain about how a given car is not durable enough.....have even heard folks talk/complain about how a given car looks.........but number of tools used to work on it? Seriously?!?!?

If that is ALL you have to complain about with the CRC...then that's a pretty damned good thing in my book!

Super pumped to drive this car tomorrow. REALLY loved my XL and I know am gonna love my Xi even more!!

Last edited by Cowarn; 11-18-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cowarn
Have to admit, have heard folks talk/complain about a given car not being fast enough......have heard folks talk/complain about how a given car is not durable enough.....have even heard folks talk/complain about how a given car looks.........but number of tools used to work on it? Seriously?!?!?

If that is ALL you have to complain about with the CRC...then that's a pretty damned good thing in my book!
Could n't agree with you more mate, very strange thing to say!!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hi guys just bought my first 1/12 scale a used crc xl last week and I finally got around to giving it a one two last night, So I got a few questions.

How loose/wobble/play should the rear pod have? With nothing in the rear pod except for the axle, I lift the pod up and it just very slightly drops, sitting higher than the main chassis.

Printed off a manual and checked the diff and I seem to have got it right. Should I be ok with associated silicone grease.

There was no oil in the dampers, notice that you guys use 30-50k oils, is that diff oils? Or is there special grease/oil for them. My brother ordered a xi so I'll bum some of the kit supplied stuff for now.

Ordered a few spares that I thought I would need and through in the CRC 100 diff ball pack in there but in the 1/8th size. What spurs are compatible with those diff balls.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

just wanted say i mounted up a new crc r8c body and wow its a snug fit under that shell. i got fig a way to keep my battery wires from touching and tweaking it now.

how do you guys get it to work with the xi inline conversion? looks as if there wouldnt be enough height bewteen the body and shock to mount the body low enough.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bucketboy

Bb
I can not think that the range of tools required to work on the car would be a very good reason not to buy the CRC car. I found out first hand last night that the staff at CRC is a great bunch of people and really went out of their way to help me get my first 1/12 scale running.. The help that I received last night was priceless and got me to a sweet spot instantly... Then I could just focus on driving... I dont know of any other companies that provide that level of customer support...... To me Support matters more than how many tools I need to work on a car.... CRC rules and allows me to buy from a company based in the USA where I live!!!!! Where is x-ray based out of????

Ben
Old 11-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gyr0
Hi guys just bought my first 1/12 scale a used crc xl last week and I finally got around to giving it a one two last night, So I got a few questions.

How loose/wobble/play should the rear pod have? With nothing in the rear pod except for the axle, I lift the pod up and it just very slightly drops, sitting higher than the main chassis.

Printed off a manual and checked the diff and I seem to have got it right. Should I be ok with associated silicone grease.

There was no oil in the dampers, notice that you guys use 30-50k oils, is that diff oils? Or is there special grease/oil for them. My brother ordered a xi so I'll bum some of the kit supplied stuff for now.

Ordered a few spares that I thought I would need and through in the CRC 100 diff ball pack in there but in the 1/8th size. What spurs are compatible with those diff balls.
I run about 1mm of pod droop most of the time. More droop needed for a bumpy track.

Yes, the 30-50K are diff oils. I only use 50K on a really high bite track myself.

The 12-ball spurs are compatible with the 1/8" balls. The new 16-ball spurs take 3/32" balls.

Bill
Old 11-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I suggest you take the car completely apart and rebuild it after reading the instruction manual, inspecting every part carefully. A couple things that may not be in the manual are: make sure your front axles are the same distance from your building board while the chassis is sitting flat on the board. Make sure the rear pod moves very smoothly. Make sure you balance the car laterally. Make sure all parts move freely:center pod mount, side links, king pins, etc. 1/12 cars may have few parts and look simple, but they are very sensative to things being bent or tweaked.
Mark Payne has a great site about 1/12 cars, http://markpayneblog.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by Gyr0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.