Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Surikarn Goes Hotbodies/hpi

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Evicerator
I heard from a very reliable source that Surikarn wanted to be in closer proximity to Thad Garner's tool that inspired the

"WoooooOOOOOP WOOOOOooooo" phenomenon that is now sweeping the globe.

Where better to be than on the ground floor of a sound effect revolution?
What is the Wooooooppppp Wooooooo?????
Old 11-10-2004, 03:39 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Sounds like it will soon be time for the Pro 4 Bubb Rubb edition.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:44 PM
The Evicerator

THIS is wooooOOOOP WOooooo
Attached Files
File Type: zip
worldwideby2006.zip (23.8 KB, 334 views)
Old 11-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by Evicerator
THIS is wooooOOOOP WOooooo
For full effect, adjust volume to 11 and put ear next to speaker.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by black_spl
Use 2 car platforms in the competition is good and only tamiya can do that cause they have 2 platforms of high-end r/c car(belt and shaft).
Because, if belt drive is not perform good, they still have shaft drive as another chance to win the race but this race this belt drive perform better than shaft drive.
I don't agree. If belt drive is have a huge advantage over shaft on last WC, I'm sure that Masami still will not run the old MR-4TCSP and Hara runs the Pro3. That looks like some kind of immature behaviour that Tamiya shown by preparing 2 alternatives because they don't know what to do and which is faster.

Just like Kyosho's argument on the last WC when almost all the driver change to V1RRR and the factory said that V1RRR is specially designed for bumpy tracks but for flat surface track FW-05 is still the way to go. Sounds like marketing strategy, and a little bit greedy
Old 11-10-2004, 06:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by daniz24
Also, last time I heard Surikarn wants to get Mugen distribution for all Asia-Pacific region and still not granted by Mugen Factory. So I'm curious what he's running for GP cars now, especially onroad...
Oops, I forgot that HPI also have R40 for GP cars. Anyone know for sure that Surikarn will also driving the R40?
Old 11-10-2004, 06:14 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by elisegt
Surikarn + Hara = deadly combo. HPI is really gearing up to conquer the racing world. Congrats Karn.
I think Masami + Marc is the most deadly combo, but I also don't think this will be possible at least for now
Old 11-10-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by daniz24
I don't agree. If belt drive is have a huge advantage over shaft on last WC, I'm sure that Masami still will not run the old MR-4TCSP and Hara runs the Pro3. That looks like some kind of immature behaviour that Tamiya shown by preparing 2 alternatives because they don't know what to do and which is faster.

Just like Kyosho's argument on the last WC when almost all the driver change to V1RRR and the factory said that V1RRR is specially designed for bumpy tracks but for flat surface track FW-05 is still the way to go. Sounds like marketing strategy, and a little bit greedy
Why is it immature? They won the world championship didn't they? If they have 2 world class designs, take them both to the worlds and see which one their drivers feel most comfortable with. Kudos to Tamiya (and Kyosho) I say!
Old 11-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe Surikarn just couldn't get his car as fast as the 415 or Pro 4. Anybody think of that?
Old 11-10-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
Maybe Surikarn just couldn't get his car as fast as the 415 or Pro 4. Anybody think of that?
Unlikely. At that level it all comes down to who has a good race. Small bobbles, mental state, motor and gearing prep. Marc just drove fast had the horsepower and made few enough mistakes.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by veecee
If they have 2 world class designs, take them both to the worlds and see which one their drivers feel most comfortable with.
Aha! I agree with you, but this is exactly the opposite condition when people at the Worlds saying Surikarn looks unhappy with his car but absolutely can't switch to 415 because the Evo4 name will be look bad. My question's why only 2 cars? Why don't bring 4 or 5 cars so every driver has more different option to go faster (and also more excuse)
Old 11-10-2004, 07:48 PM
jez
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hi all,

just my two cents worth.... I thought the drivers could not change their chassis during the event, unless they destroy the first chassis.....
maybe they can take two to practice, and then once wualifying starts, thats what they have to run with in the event...

forgive my ignorance...

jez
Old 11-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

interesting...am always take Surikarn as my Asian idol...
i believe some inside politic brewing there. just me. i still support surikarn no matter what company or product he uses.

all the best Surikarn.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

interesting news indeed

hara and surikarn wow

all the best wishes to surikarn
Old 11-10-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The only reason Surikarn did't change to the 415 is because he had run the EVO in practice and then it was teched by the officials so when he wanted to change he wasn't allowed because it had already been teched. These are the rules at the worlds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.