Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I was running my car the other night testing out the new spur I put in. Noticed that the car would randomly pull hard to the right off throttle. Looked at the the gears and saw oil around them. So last night I pulled out the diff and sure enough it was leaking. When I pulled it open it was empty of oil. I refilled it with the stock oil and put it back together. Has anyone else had a problem with the diff leaking? And what's a good weight oil to go with?
Old 12-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Can anyone please post pics of the piano wire mod on the arms. Do you wrap the whole arm with it or just mount it to the leading edges of the arm?
Old 12-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Lightfoot, what size piano wire did you use?

thanks in advance
Old 12-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I will take pics of the modified arms tonight when I get home... Not sure the size, but it was hard as hell to cut them with a wire cutter... It took all my weight to do it... I'll check the size tonight as well...
Old 12-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lightfoot
I will take pics of the modified arms tonight when I get home... Not sure the size, but it was hard as hell to cut them with a wire cutter... It took all my weight to do it... I'll check the size tonight as well...
I have been using a piece of the sprue that the arms come with, trimmed down using a sharp knife, then ca'd to the top of the arm right in the middle, have found this great.
Have not broken an arm in 4 meetings, and considering my inate ability to hit just about everything on and off the track, can say it works and all the things needed come with the arms
Hope that helps
Old 12-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mingnon
I have been using a piece of the sprue that the arms come with, trimmed down using a sharp knife, then ca'd to the top of the arm right in the middle, have found this great.
Have not broken an arm in 4 meetings, and considering my inate ability to hit just about everything on and off the track, can say it works and all the things needed come with the arms
Hope that helps
Can you post pics please. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glinx111
I was running my car the other night testing out the new spur I put in. Noticed that the car would randomly pull hard to the right off throttle. Looked at the the gears and saw oil around them. So last night I pulled out the diff and sure enough it was leaking. When I pulled it open it was empty of oil. I refilled it with the stock oil and put it back together. Has anyone else had a problem with the diff leaking? And what's a good weight oil to go with?
Mine leaked like a sieve too. I tightened it more and it still leaks a little bit, but no where near as much as it used to...
Old 12-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LordAnubis
Mine leaked like a sieve too. I tightened it more and it still leaks a little bit, but no where near as much as it used to...
You guys need to learn how to build the gear diffs.(not having a go at you) Have been using the same diffs in the FF car and also the TC and have absolutely no issue with leaking. I would suggest reading the "how to build gear diff"article on the 3 Racing website
Old 12-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vabroom
Lightfoot, what size piano wire did you use?

thanks in advance
about .032 or .047. Try slot car tracks. I would suggest using a dremel to cut, but MAKE SURE YOU USE SAFETY GLASSES!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here are pics of the arms... I used Black Shoe goo and 2mm piano wire... All this is done from bellow so from above it's hardly noticeable...
Attached Thumbnails 3 racing new F1-fgx_1.jpg   3 racing new F1-_mg_5589.jpg  
Old 12-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

does the kit come with wheels for rubber or foam? thanks
Old 12-07-2011, 02:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Haven't 3 Racing made a Carbon Fiber arm set yet?

I'm quite surprised people have been so tolerant of this weak spot.. Must be a good car other wise.

How is this hanging with the F103 on Foams?
Old 12-07-2011, 02:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freakyfreakyflo
does the kit come with wheels for rubber or foam? thanks
Rubber
Old 12-07-2011, 03:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by JamesHealey
Haven't 3 Racing made a Carbon Fiber arm set yet?

I'm quite surprised people have been so tolerant of this weak spot.. Must be a good car other wise.

How is this hanging with the F103 on Foams?
I cant work out why they haven't either, I snapped my fingers last week , so they should be here by now ..........lol.
I am sure they are working on it , since they are aware of the issues people are having. This stuff doesnt happen overnight though.

I personally dislike the appearance of the link front ends people are coming up with (despite their merits and ingenuity )and would rather beef up what is already there in the mean time .
Old 12-07-2011, 03:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullRacing
I cant work out why they haven't either, I snapped my fingers last week , so they should be here by now ..........lol.
I am sure they are working on it , since they are aware of the issues people are having. This stuff doesnt happen overnight though.

I personally dislike the appearance of the link front ends people are coming up with (despite their merits and ingenuity )and would rather beef up what is already there in the mean time .
3 Racing have stopped sending kits out to stores until they sort the arm issue out. They said that they are just beefing the arm up and using another material.

On another note has anyone noticed the excessive amount of camber with the 1 degree block up front? On the station it reads at 4 degrees

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.