Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

thank you guy. i just got the jrxs i know its a little latE trying this car out. but im just curious of the layout. if i like it then i might ditch 007 and go for the R.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pinggoy
i just got the jrxs i know its a little latE trying this car out. but im just curious of the layout.
Welcome!!.............. You won't be disappointed!!
Old 10-19-2006, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Welcome!!.............. You won't be disappointed!!
I second that one.
Cheers Malc
Old 10-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

thank you guys. i know i can count on you guys if i got question...
Old 10-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

will there be someone here who could share a setup for asphalt (med to high bite, tight) track. using a diff.

thanx
Old 10-20-2006, 08:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Mikes setup

Hello, I am going to try using mikes setup and I have a couple questions about it if Mike or someone else can help. This is the IIc rubber setup. With the front mod camber links you have to space out the front shocks so they have clearance from the links. How many degrees of steering do you get like this? It seems like you dont get much steering before the wheel hits against the shock. Maybe it is enough,I havent got to the track yet to try it. Thanks
Old 10-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For the most part i shaved the camber mod itself to make sure nothing rubbed ex..shocks and wheels. I was able to get full lock without any issue.

These are the only pics i have of it (a few months dated), but if it dosn't help i can take a new pic later this weekend.

The only real change is i use a set screw instead of a socket head screw now to hold the ballcup end on.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-link.jpg   Team Losi JRXS-link2.jpg  
Old 10-20-2006, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

I was wondering if anyone is using Keith Billanti's rear shock mod? If so, how do you like it? What advantages do you feel you now have over the stock shock location?

Also are you still using it Keith?

Thanks,
Aaron
Old 10-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

i searched the pages way back and i saw still bill's steps on umaking the link mod.but with out pic and alot off side talk.. i cant really follow.. im not really in desparate need for this but is someone is kind enough to tell me the steps on it. just plain and simple steps. or if some one can just sell me one so i can try it out. thanx..
Old 10-21-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Unless you are in a big hurry to try this mod, just wait till the new car comes out for Losi is putting this option on it. They are manufacturing the part so you don't have to. I personally like the Numan setup for rubber on carpet and it works pretty well imo. The mod should be useable on the old car once they make the parts. Some stuff will be interchangable.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Unless you are in a big hurry to try this mod, just wait till the new car comes out for Losi
I agree!
Old 10-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

has anyone tryed to put the carbon 3200 lipo in there jrxs and does it fit or did you have to mod it to get it to fit
Thanks

Tom
Old 10-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

guys just got my first jrxs. this is the first time i have seen in my own eyes. a jrxs. since most people run xray in our track and i run yokomo bfore.. it looks so good and the drive train is soo free. cant wait to test it out on the track... how you guys build the spool? just take the balls off and put the sand paper up against the diff rings? do i have to glue it down or not? does it really holds down? what are the parts the wear out or damge easily with the spool exept the outdrive? thanx..

Unless you are in a big hurry to try this mod, just wait till the new car comes out for Losi is putting this option on it. They are manufacturing the part so you don't have to. I personally like the Numan setup for rubber on carpet and it works pretty well imo. The mod should be useable on the old car once they make the parts. Some stuff will be interchangable.
really? thats awsome. it i like the run on this car i might buy one..(jrxs-r)
Old 10-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A_Stratus
I was wondering if anyone is using Keith Billanti's rear shock mod? If so, how do you like it? What advantages do you feel you now have over the stock shock location?

Also are you still using it Keith?

Thanks,
Aaron

It made the car transfer weight forward faster. I think it is only somthing to try in really high bite situations.

I am not running it as I want to try to run what the whole team is running on the car,, the 6 heads is better than 1 theory.. didnt work too good in vegas LMAO I am also running the new diffs which allow the car to transition better everywhere. It is not going to be an option on the new car.. and nor will it be necessary.

I did find that Smykas setup suited me well... car felt good. Hopefully, we (the guys running the FMC) will have somthing for everyone to try after the classic this comming weekend.

KB
Old 10-21-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

My home tracks layout is getting changed over to a new layout so traction won't be fully there for a little bit bit I'm definately going to try your mod out when the traction is fully up. I will let you know how I like it. Thanks for the innovative idea.

Aaron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.