Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I ran my JRX-S for the first time last night. Threw Chicky's setup on it, and all I gotta say is:

To Quote Floyd from Dumb and Dumber-
I like it a-lot
Old 10-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Bill and Co
Thanks for useful input on the servo situation

Went to DMS today and bought a 90/48 spur that sorted the servo issue but would like to use 64 DP and forgot that I had bought a 118 and could have used that really.
But that is the last of my worries, as I went to racing tonight and broke in every round bloody steering kept locking out, but had my pit bitch to help me out tonight 'Chris Kerswell' he pointed out to me that the throw of the steering was going past its lockout, just as the XXX-S used to where as we used to glue a washer onto the inside of the hub carrier TO STOP THE WHEEL FROM CHATTERING TOO, but thought this would of been sorted on the NEW car, but it seems to be worse, as the moulding from the caster block has appeared to taken more material from the place where the steering stop should be, sorry to ask all these minor Q's but am racing Sunday and want it right for then.
On the plus side, when the car was going ,it was going very well, I have built it to stock except I have put 60 weight in the front and 40 in the rear, it was good on the initial turn in and mid corner, but wanted to carry on rotating on the last part of the corner, but my pit bitch came to the rescue once again and told me to use the expernencial (not a clue how to spell that word but had a go any way) so turned it to 30 degrees, what a great difference that made then when I got home to have a little look further to the car I had realised when building it I had inadvertainly put the near side front drive -shaft into the wrong slot in the diff half, there for creating a large amount of slop.
TCCFM
Any body got any pics of their wiring to this car? as it seems to me that there is not a lot of room and would like to get some ideas
Old 10-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
I ran my JRX-S for the first time last night. Threw Chicky's setup on it, and all I gotta say is:

I like it a-lot

Ciccarello is a genius on car set-up. He really is.

Ray
Old 10-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trakside Trucke
Bill and Co
Thanks for useful input on the servo situation

Went to DMS today and bought a 90/48 spur that sorted the servo issue but would like to use 64 DP and forgot that I had bought a 118 and could have used that really.
But that is the last of my worries, as I went to racing tonight and broke in every round bloody steering kept locking out, but had my pit bitch to help me out tonight 'Chris Kerswell' he pointed out to me that the throw of the steering was going past its lockout, just as the XXX-S used to where as we used to glue a washer onto the inside of the hub carrier TO STOP THE WHEEL FROM CHATTERING TOO, but thought this would of been sorted on the NEW car, but it seems to be worse, as the moulding from the caster block has appeared to taken more material from the place where the steering stop should be, sorry to ask all these minor Q's but am racing Sunday and want it right for then.
On the plus side, when the car was going ,it was going very well, I have built it to stock except I have put 60 weight in the front and 40 in the rear, it was good on the initial turn in and mid corner, but wanted to carry on rotating on the last part of the corner, but my pit bitch came to the rescue once again and told me to use the expernencial (not a clue how to spell that word but had a go any way) so turned it to 30 degrees, what a great difference that made then when I got home to have a little look further to the car I had realised when building it I had inadvertainly put the near side front drive -shaft into the wrong slot in the diff half, there for creating a large amount of slop.
TCCFM
Any body got any pics of their wiring to this car? as it seems to me that there is not a lot of room and would like to get some ideas
Malc,

I don't have any chattering issues in the front end. Assume your having the pins in the big slots was the problem.

Todd Hodge's pic on the Losi website shows how we all wire our cars. Have not seen any other variations.

Good luck this weekend.

Bill
Old 10-14-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Ciccarello is a genius on car set-up. He really is.

Ray
Hi Ray,

Where do I find Ciccarello's setup?

Many thanks.

Bill
Old 10-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

http://www.parmapse.com/jrx.jpg

That's Chicky's setup
Old 10-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

http://www.parmapse.com/jrx.jpg

That's Chicky's setup
Thanks.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

he pointed out to me that the throw of the steering was going past its lockout, just as the XXX-S used to where as we used to glue a washer onto the inside of the hub carrier TO STOP THE WHEEL FROM CHATTERING TOO, but thought this would of been sorted on the NEW car, but it seems to be worse, as the moulding from the caster block has appeared to taken more material from the place where the steering stop should be,
One thing you might want to do is adjust the endpoints for the steering throw on your radio. This will help. Also it will save you a lot of time replacing servo gears.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Your "pit bitch" must of missed that pointer
Old 10-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Tech Regular

I like it a-lot
could be some forrest gump to. hahaha
Old 10-15-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Todd Hodge's pic on the Losi website shows how we all wire our cars. Have not seen any other variations.
Bill
anybody have pics of how the wired thier cars? (or how hodgiemoto did it)I have looked thru all the mag reviews and they all do it some funky way, but my way seems more"pro car" looking ill try to draw it out as i dont have acces 2 a digital camera
mp mn bp bn

my red wire is spliced so along the way to the motor i get the battery, so it look prettier, all the mags do it some funky way
Old 10-15-2005, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

I know a lot of guys have been using the Orion Battery Tubes too. But if you're going to direct solder, I think you actually need to trim some of your battery bar off to prevent it from touching the top deck.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Here is what is on the Losi site for a sample wireing layout.

Old 10-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

And those little nylon clips that secure the servo wires in the picture are available from Radio Shack.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
Your "pit bitch" must of missed that pointer
LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.