Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elnitro
guys, I'm helping a buddy build his JRXS and was wondering where he can get this bk bracket. I went with him to the hobby shop and the dude behind the counter gave us a blank stare as if we were on crack. LOL Is there a part # for this? Any help would be appreciated.
They are just a small bracket that you can make yourself or you can buy them from a reputable BK Bracket Dealer. I recommend "PookyT's Dremel World".....

See 6831 post ..... "Pookyt"
Old 07-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Did anyone have any problems with the rear wheels touching the shock screw when using offset hubs? I even tried dremeling and it still hits the wheels.

BTW, I use the shock in the outside hole on the arm. I tried moving it to the inside hole, AND IT WASN'T HITTING ANYMORE, but then the rear was going all over the place (slipping) when cornering, so I assume I need more rear traction, right?

Right now I'm thinking about forgetting about the OFFSET hubs and go back to regular ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2005, 02:25 PM
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
9 and 10mm above ride height for droop? Jeez Steve, you like your droop man!
Actually I guess I should have restated that... it's only to 9 and 10 mm total droop
Old 07-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
If these guys are 'down under' are we 'up over'???

Will our setups even work in Australia??? Makes no hemispherical sense to me...
Bill--Everythings the same except summer is winter and vice versa! Oh, and the water swirls in opposite direction as it goes down the drain. LMAO

Brant
Old 07-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc3blue
Did anyone have any problems with the rear wheels touching the shock screw when using offset hubs? I even tried dremeling and it still hits the wheels.

BTW, I use the shock in the outside hole on the arm. I tried moving it to the inside hole, AND IT WASN'T HITTING ANYMORE, but then the rear was going all over the place (slipping) when cornering, so I assume I need more rear traction, right?

Right now I'm thinking about forgetting about the OFFSET hubs and go back to regular ones.

Thanks
Make sure your using button head screws to give clearance. I have not had the brackets on with offset hubs so I'm only guessing this will help. Let me know if it does.

Brant
Old 07-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks
I ran offset hubs with wider foam tires and the stock shock screws and didn't rub. Something else has to be happening there. Are you sure they are offset hubs and not just hubs with toe built in. I know it sounds dumb but a buddy of mine though offset hubs were ones with toe and couldn't figure out why they wouldn't mount in the right hole.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Brant, did you get my last PM?
Old 07-25-2005, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Default Car Turns Better in one direction

Hey,

My car seems to have more steering in one direction. My droop all the way around the car is even as well as the ride height. When I placed my car on a tweak station there is apparently more weight on one side of the car. I know that I can adjust the collars on my shocks but if I do so, my ride height will be greatly affected. Any ideas what is wrong? Is there such a tool as a shock or spring dyno? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Intelligentsia
Hey,
My car seems to have more steering in one direction. My droop all the way around the car is even as well as the ride height. When I placed my car on a tweak station there is apparently more weight on one side of the car. I know that I can adjust the collars on my shocks but if I do so, my ride height will be greatly affected. Any ideas what is wrong? Is there such a tool as a shock or spring dyno? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
The first thing I suggest checking is the rear hubs. Some of the kits came with two Left 1degree hubs, which as you can imagine causes some wierd handling. Losi has been really cool about remedying those situations.

If it's a shock issue, Losi makes a shock matching tool which checks the rebound and friction of each shock against eachother. Follow this link for a more detailed description.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Make sure your using button head screws to give clearance. I have not had the brackets on with offset hubs so I'm only guessing this will help. Let me know if it does.
Brant
The brakets do indeed clear the offset hubs with RP and Takeoff rubbers.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

First of all, THANKS for the help guys, helpful as always!

->>It doesn't rub anymore(using button head screws), but the rear seems loose (it slides when cornering), it's not THAT bad but would like to fix that too if possible, like I said I think I need more rear traction, right??? What do you recommend?<<--??

Intelligentsia, I had the same problem with my TC3 a looong time ago, everything was set(ride height and droop) but when put on a tweak station it would be waaaay off.

So I think you should take out all the droop screws (or loosen them completely) and set the ride height. Then put your car on the tweak station and see if it's OK. Then set the droop and check again. By not doing everything at the same time and THEN putting it on the tweak station, you can check to make sure that the suspension is not binding or something else is wrong, so just go step-by-step.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

but the rear seems loose (it slides when cornering), it's not THAT bad but would like to fix that too if possible, like I said I think I need more rear traction, right??? What do you recommend?<<--??
What setup are you running & is it loose entering, leaving or thoughout the whole corner?
Loose on exit; try added more rear toe-in, or if the car is rolling over on the rear while exiting, try added more rear spring.
Loose entering & thoughout; change the rear hub from offset to standard.

But the other guys might have a better suggestion then these....
Old 07-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

it's loose entering; it starts to slide when I start to turn

i will try standard hubs again, but what about changing the rear roll-center to the high position?
Old 07-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

it's loose entering; it starts to slide when I start to turn

i will try standard hubs again, but what about changing the rear roll-center to the high position?
If your on asphalt and rubber tires you need to use the standard hubs. The offset hubs will give too much rear steering. IMO

Brant
Old 07-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

tc3, as Pooky posted, the offset rear hubs are designed to "free up" the back of the car, so it will feel looser on all tracks. The only time this is good is on carpet when the car is too hooked up........Changing roll centers will only mask the problem if it works at all and most likely make for some odd tire wear or other problems, since it would need to be extreme to help..........Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.