Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally posted by Greg Sharpe
I find it strange that some of us are having difficulty fitting newer 3300 in the car. Mine dropped right in without modifying any of the bulkheads. I think the fitment is largely dependant on how well the rear battery slot in the chassis gets shaped. Upon installing the first battery, I mistakenly thought they didn't fit. The foam strips were so firm the battery was bending the tray. I pushed the tray back up flush with the chassis and left it over night. Now that the foam strips are dimpled, all my packs drop in without any issues.

I gotta say, the overall quality is better than I expected and better than any other touring car I've owned. Now if only I could wheel this thing with some skillz!
BINGO.......... Make sure the rear battery slot is filed and tapered. You want the cell to sit flush with the bottom of the chassis. It takes quite a bit of material away...
Old 04-22-2005, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by RBLove
Rodney B,

YES. You must space the shock out about .060 on the tower and the arm. Use more spacing on the tower and use a spacer between the arm and shock on the bottom....... Might be a little more than .060. Just make sure you do the same on top an bottom.

This HAS to be done when running the front arms in the middle or back. Moved forward "should" clear...
Ok thanks Rob. I think I'll start in the middle position anyway. See you Sunday.

No battery problems for me with 3300's. It's tight, but they went in easily. I filed the battery slot in the chassis as in the instructions. Have my kit mosly done, all but the electronics and mounting the body. I'm more than happy with the fit and look of the parts. Everything went together nicely. I love the shocks.

I've actually never run a belt car. How tight/loose should the belt feel?
Old 04-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The manual says "3mm of belt slack." At the Snowbirds, Gil-Jr's belts were tighter than that, but spun more freely than the floppy Xray I had at that race. What are these belts made from? They aren't like other belts, are they?
Old 04-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Small Issues Need Help

Originally posted by blownawayig
Well I'm getting into BAG "C", and I've encountered a couple of problems and want to see if anyone else is or has worked thru them.

1. The center shaft has a small click when the belts are put under tension. Un-load both belts, and no click. Load either belt and the click shows up. The small spacer is in place between the bearing and pulley.

2. The LCD's: They came pre-assembled.

a. one is completely bound up and does not move freely.

b. the other is missing the piece in which the pin goes thru
inside of the joint. It's just assembled with the pin.

As far as battery fitting,,,,I just did a trial fitting and talk about TIGHT. And they are the GP3300's both newer and older. I am also having a slight issue with the DEANS battery bars being to wide. So if anyone could offer me a bit of advise.

Thanks
1. Not sure about the center shaft... Try taking it out and apart and then reassemblying..

2. Missing the piece that pin goes through. Just assembled with the pin... U LOST ME on this one. Can you snap a pic?

Battery fitting. It is very important to get the slot in the chassis perfect. Make sure a single cell can fit flush in the chassis slot before you even build the car. Make sure you have changed or removed your soldering tabs if they are hitting the upper deck.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Greg Sharpe
The manual says "3mm of belt slack." At the Snowbirds, Gil-Jr's belts were tighter than that, but spun more freely than the floppy Xray I had at that race. What are these belts made from? They aren't like other belts, are they?
Not sure of their material...

Belt tension...
For stock I would run as loose as possible without slipping..
For modified you definitely have to run them much tighter. You can have a little slop, but not much or it will skip.

One thing that is nice is the adjustability of the belt. They make it pretty easy to do......
Old 04-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Great Tips RBlove....... you or I should post these tips on the resource site.....
Old 04-22-2005, 11:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Small Issues Need Help pt 2

Attached is a copy of the instructions which the missing part is. I just hope the parts are avail. Since the LCDs were assembled, there were no parts. The other LCD is just totally bound up, will take it apart later to see if there;s any excess material inside it.

My battery fit issue, is more due to the Deans Battery bars. The battery is to wide to fit thru the battery hole in the chassis. So I'm going to have to redo the batteries.

The car is so cool and goes together pretty good. Just little gremlins. To be expected,
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-01.jpg  
Old 04-22-2005, 11:42 PM
SRS
Tech Rookie

has anyone had trouble aligning the center lay shaft? i can not get mine aligned correctly. it is at a slight angle and will not go straight
Old 04-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Gearhead, Go for it bubba. I tried to do some set up sheets last night, but our pc's are locked down at work and I do not even have paint Funny stuff....
Old 04-22-2005, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SRS
has anyone had trouble aligning the center lay shaft? i can not get mine aligned correctly. it is at a slight angle and will not go straight
I sanded my layshaft with 1000 grit. I did it just because... I like the bearings to be free. You can try it. Just enough to remove some of the black and make smooth....
Old 04-22-2005, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Small Issues Need Help pt 2

Attached is a copy of the instructions which the missing part is. I just hope the parts are avail. Since the LCDs were assembled, there were no parts. The other LCD is just totally bound up, will take it apart later to see if there;s any excess material inside it.

My battery fit issue, is more due to the Deans Battery bars. The battery is to wide to fit thru the battery hole in the chassis. So I'm going to have to redo the batteries.

The car is so cool and goes together pretty good. Just little gremlins. To be expected,
WOW. I am amazed that part was missing. I am sure Horizon will send you one out ASAP. Todd is in Germany right now. If you have a problem getting that piece let me know and I will get you taken care of and I will deal with getting a replacement..... [email protected]

As for the one being bound up. Definitely take it apart and rebuild it. Probably a tiny burr or something. Also make sure there is not an excessive amount of heat shrink over hanging. It will cause binding in the caster block. Todd has a tips/tricks section that shows where to remove a little on the caster block.. I have not had to remove any material on my caster blocks, but be aware............
Old 04-22-2005, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Small Issues Need Help pt 2

WOW. I am amazed that part was missing. I am sure Horizon will send you one out ASAP. Todd is in Germany right now. If you have a problem getting that piece let me know and I will get you taken care of and I will deal with getting a replacement..... [email protected]

As for the one being bound up. Definitely take it apart and rebuild it. Probably a tiny burr or something. Also make sure there is not an excessive amount of heat shrink over hanging. It will cause binding in the caster block. Todd has a tips/tricks section that shows where to remove a little on the caster block.. I have not had to remove any material on my caster blocks, but be aware............
Old 04-22-2005, 11:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks Alot

I appreciate all of the input.

I have confidence in Horizon and Losi,,,,should be no issues. My local hobby shop is also GREAT.

I cut the shrink off little by little to see if it was the cause of the bind,,,but I'm sure it's inside.

The center shaft bugs me a but, it's free with no load on it, but once you adjust the belts and put any load or tension on it, it makes a small click.

Thanks again.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Thanks Alot

I appreciate all of the input.

I have confidence in Horizon and Losi,,,,should be no issues. My local hobby shop is also GREAT.

I cut the shrink off little by little to see if it was the cause of the bind,,,but I'm sure it's inside.

The center shaft bugs me a but, it's free with no load on it, but once you adjust the belts and put any load or tension on it, it makes a small click.

Thanks again.

WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. I think I might know what the issue is. Check your pins that hold the layshaft pullies. You may of grabbed the wrong one or was packaged wrong. There should be no slop in the pins. Actually mine were a little snug to get in. If that is not it I do not know......................................... The pins for the layshaft are NOT roll pins... Check it out and let me know.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

RB--At my home track(outdoor parking lot) my best set-up on the G+ and many of the X-Ray drivers has been with the Spool. We typically have several less than flowing turns but the spool has given me the best lap times. Usually brakes are not an issue, but, what I am wondering is should I use the center One-Way or the center Spool with the front Spool? Thanks for your help while we all do the mad dash on intial builds.

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.