Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 10:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Nice, I'm guessing my web special will have them as well.

I hope Speedtech can get me a Red R2 soon, I want to run it at Hitec and wait to finish the web edition until all the parts I want are avalible for it.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Well I'm back from another Carlisle trip. Car wasn't so hooked up this time so an 18lapper was stretching it a bit. The track temperature was between CS22's and CS27's, I had to settle for 27's and the back end wasn't gripping quite enough in lots of corners, just had to take it slightly easier than I would have liked.
The Alfa 2.0 took some getting used to, when you try to turn it sure does turn, tyres weren't letting me take as much mid corner speed though. Best run was just under 17laps 5seconds, not bad and it got me 6th in the A final again. They were running six car finals and one guy decided to avoid first corner pile ups by placing hte cars two grid slots apart, I was miles away from the front of the grid I had a few spins and one roll when I hit a curb at the wrong spot while the tyres were digging in, which was just after I had noticed I was catching the battle for 2nd and 3rd. I finished 4th, with two drivers pulling out but one was behind me when he quit and the other I was catching after I spun on the first lap, for some reason I was trying to avoid another car that was miles away anyway
I need a sign for my car though, one that says, YES it is a 19T every time I run the thing I get askes if it's still the 19T half the 12T's show no speed advantage over my car, only the few guys ahead of me in the A final manage to gain ground on the last half of the straight, infield they can hold me up a little if they aren't super neat

Saw a guy running a D5 12turn today, was fast but odd, he'd get to the last third of the straight and the motor would get a boost of power and launch the car forward, was strange since it wasn't exactly slow accelerating in the other areas, it just seemed to have a second gear They also had a Reedy Krypton that managed to ruin the comm in one run, I think I know which motor they prefered
Old 07-06-2003, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: RE: 4 brg 1-way

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
I believe, the 4 bearing one-way comes standard with the kits from Speedtech. Thats what mine came with.
Big Dave the Kit that I got from steve had the same front one way as the R1 one way 4 bushings and 2 oneway bearings... the 4 bearing oneway doesn"t have the brass bushings on each end of the front one way...

It"s a worth while investment if you runa oneway on a tight track lay out..

Also the Speedway PAL and Web R2 come with the 4 bearing one way..

-Dave
Old 07-06-2003, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: RE: 4 brg 1-way

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Big Dave the Kit that I got from steve had the same front one way as the R1 one way 4 bushings and 2 oneway bearings... the 4 bearing oneway doesn"t have the brass bushings on each end of the front one way...

It"s a worth while investment if you runa oneway on a tight track lay out..

Also the Speedway PAL and Web R2 come with the 4 bearing one way..

-Dave
I stand corrected....
Old 07-06-2003, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
Well I'm back from another Carlisle trip. Car wasn't so hooked up this time so an 18lapper was stretching it a bit. The track temperature was between CS22's and CS27's, I had to settle for 27's and the back end wasn't gripping quite enough in lots of corners, just had to take it slightly easier than I would have liked.
The Alfa 2.0 took some getting used to, when you try to turn it sure does turn, tyres weren't letting me take as much mid corner speed though. Best run was just under 17laps 5seconds, not bad and it got me 6th in the A final again. They were running six car finals and one guy decided to avoid first corner pile ups by placing hte cars two grid slots apart, I was miles away from the front of the grid I had a few spins and one roll when I hit a curb at the wrong spot while the tyres were digging in, which was just after I had noticed I was catching the battle for 2nd and 3rd. I finished 4th, with two drivers pulling out but one was behind me when he quit and the other I was catching after I spun on the first lap, for some reason I was trying to avoid another car that was miles away anyway
I need a sign for my car though, one that says, YES it is a 19T every time I run the thing I get askes if it's still the 19T half the 12T's show no speed advantage over my car, only the few guys ahead of me in the A final manage to gain ground on the last half of the straight, infield they can hold me up a little if they aren't super neat

Saw a guy running a D5 12turn today, was fast but odd, he'd get to the last third of the straight and the motor would get a boost of power and launch the car forward, was strange since it wasn't exactly slow accelerating in the other areas, it just seemed to have a second gear They also had a Reedy Krypton that managed to ruin the comm in one run, I think I know which motor they prefered
Hey Hermi'
In Japan they now are starting up a 17T spec Class and they allready have some relly good motors that seem to move...( I think I have found my new class heheheeh) anyways.....it's a ORION Element 17T basically the same as the 19T in the US but with a bunch more top end I think you should give it a tyr and turns some heads with it

-Dave
Old 07-06-2003, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: RE: 4 brg 1-way

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
I stand corrected....
No problem..

I didn't know about it untill I bought my 1st PAL kit

-Dave
Old 07-06-2003, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Randman
Nice, I'm guessing my web special will have them as well.

I hope Speedtech can get me a Red R2 soon, I want to run it at Hitec and wait to finish the web edition until all the parts I want are avalible for it.
2 Cuda's

and yes the Web ED has the 4 bearing oneway too..

-Dave
Old 07-06-2003, 08:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Dave, can you post a couple pics of your PAL cuda, I have heard about it, but never seen one...
Old 07-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Dave, can you post a couple pics of your PAL cuda, I have heard about it, but never seen one...
OK I"ll get some up here in the next couple of hours..

-Dave
Old 07-06-2003, 08:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thanks Dave.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks Dave.
No Problem
Old 07-07-2003, 12:50 AM
Tech Champion

Here you go Randy..

PAL Barracuda Bottom..
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-picture-110.jpg  
Old 07-07-2003, 12:52 AM
Tech Champion

Wink ...more

back view..
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-picture-112.jpg  
Old 07-07-2003, 01:06 AM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up .....

and one more.
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-picture-113.jpg  
Old 07-07-2003, 01:07 AM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up last one....

top view
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-picture-139.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.