Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Ko Racer
here is you a tc3 that is a nice looking set- up
looks good but could do with woven graphite shock tower up front can't see what the rear one is made of. What are the long notches in the side of the main chassis for?
and where's the bumper? you like replacing wishbones?
Old 06-18-2003, 05:28 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Herminator
looks good but could do with woven graphite shock tower up front can't see what the rear one is made of. What are the long notches in the side of the main chassis for?
and where's the bumper? you like replacing wishbones?
lol there is only one shaft car i drive and its the CUDA!!!!!!!!!! i just posted the picture to show a different version style

Last edited by Ko Racer; 06-18-2003 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I had a TC-3 and tried just about every chassis out their,Hardcore,IRS.Mega tech,and the one thing that gets everyone of them is the TC-3 breaks real easy,The choice is yours,But remember when you look at the record(wins) associated has the best drivers(team).If you like the TC-3 get one it's a good car but the R2 is a great car!
Old 06-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

KO Racer: Thanks for the info
Old 06-19-2003, 03:24 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Fatboy Joe
KO Racer: Thanks for the info
no problem
Old 06-19-2003, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Anything interesting going on guys?

I'm incredibly bored and can't think of any ideas for paint schemes to paint the Alfa 2.0 that is on it's way to me, I need something bright but classy. Straight lines would be better and no fancy little fades since it will be a can job, I can do decent big fades with cans though if the colours are right.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Herminator
Anything interesting going on guys?

I'm incredibly bored and can't think of any ideas for paint schemes to paint the Alfa 2.0 that is on it's way to me, I need something bright but classy. Straight lines would be better and no fancy little fades since it will be a can job, I can do decent big fades with cans though if the colours are right.
Well herm....... at least friday dave will be home and he can post us the new web R2 both of them and maybe some other pictures
also did any of you guys in So Cal meet up with the lad .

and as for me im painting a body now and my R2 web is to be sent out in the morn. also so i will have mid next week
Old 06-20-2003, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Red Bull, you out there?
Just been thinking out diffs/spools/oneways/spliffs and wondering if you have done any more testing with the spliff. If you could get away with the amount of wear a spool can create would you prefer it? I'm very tempted to get a spool, I like my one way but sometimes brakes would be a big help, I often find the club track has lots of hairpins or just very tight corners that aren't suitable for a one way and close racing.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Herm, RBF is probably getting prepared for the ROAR Nats next week and praying that this doesn't show up at the nats:

Thanks Tamiya for taking a photo

Actually, I'm sure he's pretty busy getting some work done as he is leaving for North Caroline on Tuesday.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Ooh, more big racing events, go RBF.

rtypec what are you playing at? posting pictures of that wannabe in here my club mate just ordered one actually, can't wait to see it, and lap it
Old 06-20-2003, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

he heh
nice article RodZiLLa
btw how many techs does it take to tweak a Tamiya
Hot Rods evoIII setup from 03 RROC

Herm...er uh what was the question

No really the One-Way is all good with brakes too, just make sure the car is perfectly tweaked and turn down the brake trim to about 35 - 50% as desired. You can turn it way down and trail-brake into the corners as well.

On some layouts a Dif/Spliff/Spool are good especially if alot of 180's like the dinosaur class likes to setup here once in a while
Old 06-20-2003, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Interesting article, but what happens when the missus finds you using her glass coffee table and the bottom of the chassis is scratching it

I guess I'll have to try lay out our track more often then, get rid of those pesky 180's, I like my one way but last week we had one hirpin in a very dirty section raight after the main straight so it was either get off the power half way down the straight ( I think not) or try braking a little when brakes are set to very low anyway and finding the back end just spins out because of the dirt ( facing on coming traffic isn't a good idea) or going in fast off the power then as you reached the corner getting back on the power to get the steering to pull you round the corner, which was very difficult to get right every time as if you started out wide you were in a muddy patch which would make you understeer no matter what, then when you had managed to get the car turned in you quickly ran out of road at the other side of the corner and you were imediatly in the wrong place for next corner meaning you had to take it a a snails pace. Oh the fun I had, scaring the marshal at the end of the straight half to death
Old 06-20-2003, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Yup, Dave "the official barracuda nut on R/C tech" came by and visit us earlier this week. Great guy, very knowledgeable about the car and R/C markets in general. I think he should be back home tonight or tomorrow, so we can be sure that the photos will start coming online soon.

Steve Wang
Old 06-21-2003, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Yup, Dave "the official barracuda nut on R/C tech" came by and visit us earlier this week. Great guy, very knowledgeable about the car and R/C markets in general. I think he should be back home tonight or tomorrow, so we can be sure that the photos will start coming online soon.

Steve Wang
Thanks for the kind words Steve

Well Lets start off with a nice pick of the Alex Family....( more to follow non-belivers )

-Dave
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-picture-108.jpg  
Old 06-21-2003, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default #2

more..
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-picture-109.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.