R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2006, 03:51 PM   #8806
Tech Master
 
AM03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,007
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech4
hey all im running into a problem i have a RTR TC4 i just upgraded the plastic outdrive to metal one, i got the diff rings and the out drives did the switcharoo. But when i put it all together the rear diff dont spin the tires just stays there and the front spin. I think my diff is too loose but i thought i tightened it really good. it seemd like the second i put in the ground to go the diff got loose, how do i keep the diff screw from getting loose, how do i keep the diff tight.
make sure you didnt strip out the t-nut...
__________________
Associated // Reedy // Radiopost // XP Digital // Parma PSE // Integy
AM03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:25 PM   #8807
Tech Master
 
ford_racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canberra
Posts: 1,479
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to ford_racing
Default

And you do have to build the steel diff differently to the plastic ones, else it will not work
__________________
ARC R11
Yokomo YRF001
AE B5m
ford_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:47 PM   #8808
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: astoria, NY
Posts: 233
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

well this is the first time im upgrading to the stell diff on this car so if you so kindly would explain what you mean by what you said??
__________________
DTX Evader ST Pro Brushless, Tx Mini E-Revo VXL
cheech4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:15 PM   #8809
Tech Addict
 
offroader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 505
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech4
hey all im running into a problem i have a RTR TC4 i just upgraded the plastic outdrive to metal one, i got the diff rings and the out drives did the switcharoo. But when i put it all together the rear diff dont spin the tires just stays there and the front spin. I think my diff is too loose but i thought i tightened it really good. it seemd like the second i put in the ground to go the diff got loose, how do i keep the diff screw from getting loose, how do i keep the diff tight.
the metal diff requires a differetn diff bolt than the plastic one. It is # 6575, and includes the Tnut u will need

You cannot use the bolt suppleid with the plastic diff as you cannot tighten the diff together.
offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:35 PM   #8810
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: astoria, NY
Posts: 233
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

i know i have the different bolt and the tnut. my problem is when i put it down and started driving only the front wheels were spinning so my guess was my rear diff came loose. i would like to know if someone here knows how to keep it from getting loose.
__________________
DTX Evader ST Pro Brushless, Tx Mini E-Revo VXL
cheech4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:26 AM   #8811
Tech Regular
 
volracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison, Alabama
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to volracer
Default Steering slop

I have read in th is forum about the slop in the steering of a TC4. Does anyone know where/what page it was on? Has anyone tried to turn the servo, so it faces down like on some 1/8 scale on road cars. This would have the servo horn on the same plane as the steering mechanism; thus the servo would not be pulling up and pushing down on the steering mechanism.
volracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:47 AM   #8812
Tech Adept
 
WinnipegRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 183
Default

What is the gear ratio of the diffs in a FTTC4?

Last edited by WinnipegRacer; 10-28-2006 at 11:22 AM.
WinnipegRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:10 AM   #8813
Tech Master
 
adamge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Saskatoon,SK Canada
Posts: 1,654
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

vol, you may have read my post. I'm not happy with the slop in my FT TC4's steering. It somewhat defeats the purpose of buying a $130 digital servo.

You are correct, the slop is because the steering hub connection is much lower than the servo arm connection. The servo is forcing that hub up and down, and there is a lot of slop movement before the hub can generate force up and down. And yes, the fix is to mount the servo higher (detrimental to pretty much everything) or rotate its mounting orientation to a vertical one (detrimental to pretty much everything).

Since neither of these is a good and easy fix, I'm just going to buy a different car. I've got my eye on the T2'007. It's amazing how spending another $100 gets me a car that is leaps ahead of the FT TC4.
__________________
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:40 AM   #8814
Tech Regular
 
volracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison, Alabama
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to volracer
Default

Adamge,

Thanks for the info. Good luck with the 007. I use my TC4 for a club Johnson silver can class. I have a T1 FK05, I bought used. It is a nice car.
volracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #8815
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 143
Default

what tires do you guys use for racing
mattster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:10 PM   #8816
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 143
Default

hey what tires do you guys use for racing
mattster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:38 PM   #8817
Tech Master
 
AM03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,007
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattster
hey what tires do you guys use for racing
tires are very track dependent... best bet would be to askt he local club guys where you race for tire advice... if you want a ballpark suggestion then reply here with a descripion of the track conditions, relative traction level, and track size...
__________________
Associated // Reedy // Radiopost // XP Digital // Parma PSE // Integy
AM03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:17 AM   #8818
Tech Elite
 
DaveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 2,960
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, i busted the tub car out of the closet for some laps on the rug this weekend... with a few changes to it. I mounted the rear shocks on the front of the rear tower... similar to the RDX... it handled pretty decent. It transferred weight much faster and tweaked out easier than before. Im gonna make some custom inner camber link mounts for the ballstuds during the week. Ill post some pics up late tomorrow of my progress so far.

DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:22 AM   #8819
Tech Elite
 
DaveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 2,960
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge
vol, you may have read my post. I'm not happy with the slop in my FT TC4's steering. It somewhat defeats the purpose of buying a $130 digital servo.

You are correct, the slop is because the steering hub connection is much lower than the servo arm connection. The servo is forcing that hub up and down, and there is a lot of slop movement before the hub can generate force up and down. And yes, the fix is to mount the servo higher (detrimental to pretty much everything) or rotate its mounting orientation to a vertical one (detrimental to pretty much everything).

Since neither of these is a good and easy fix, I'm just going to buy a different car. I've got my eye on the T2'007. It's amazing how spending another $100 gets me a car that is leaps ahead of the FT TC4.
Try a few small rubber bands... sounds ghetto, but it is quite effective for reducing slop in the steering.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC4-ftband2.jpg  
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 05:28 AM   #8820
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 20,906
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW
Hey guys, i busted the tub car out of the closet for some laps on the rug this weekend... with a few changes to it. I mounted the rear shocks on the front of the rear tower... similar to the RDX... it handled pretty decent. It transferred weight much faster and tweaked out easier than before. Im gonna make some custom inner camber link mounts for the ballstuds during the week. Ill post some pics up late tomorrow of my progress so far.

Dave cool to see your still running some. Frederick and the asphalt are calling you.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005)
Bumps & Jumps RC (One of the best racing facilities around)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC) Great aluminum upgrades for many brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 08:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 02:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 08:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 09:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 01:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:10 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0