Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

spoke with somone at associated today.

they said that the car would be moved back a month due to a bad shipment of graphite....

Can anyone confirm? thanks.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ahsikes

they said that the car would be moved back a month due to a bad shipment of graphite....

Man that would suck for alot of guys waiting for that!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Man that would suck for alot of guys waiting for that!!!!!!!!!
Yes it would
-Dave
Old 07-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gaz8
last weekend a friend snapped the associated steel front spool in a crash
i couldnt believe it as there quite beefy it must have been some crash!!!!
I broke an ear off the asc spool outdrive the first week I used it. It really wasn't that hard of a hit... it was the only thing that broke. It was a brittle fracture and appeared to be the result of a lower quality steel. Its a cost versus quality thing - you get what you pay for. That being said, the second one I bought worked fine in 19T and mod for the next month and a half. It's hard to complain for what they cost.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

But oh so typical of manufacturers these days. Can anyone say 'It'll be out two weeks before the Champs'? As usual.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

It's good to see that Associated have the integrity to withdraw an unsatisfactory product instead of dumping it on us anyway.

It may well be worth the wait. Well done AE.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:03 AM
Tech Adept

I know Tower had a status of on order and now as of this morning it's changed to Late July. So I guess something happened one way or another...
Old 07-19-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

im not upset at all. i take it as good quality control. if it takes longer to get the car they intend for us to have, so be it.

lets just not wait too long. ha.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey maybe Jason can help them out !! ;-)
Old 07-19-2005, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

true, little longer but hey that = smoother transitions over the jumps errr bumps.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

If I remember right, Jason had the same issues early on with bad carbon. . . I guess he laid on the whip!
Old 07-19-2005, 11:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 3 racing graphite chassis

Hi guys.Anyone have any views on this chassis.Is it worth getting or wait for the ft conversion.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just got done assembling my new "Team" TC4 (Not Factory Team) kit and had a couple of comments.

1) I am dissapointed that a "Team" level car comes with plastic outdrives and steel tie-rods. I though that the whole idea of paying extra for a "Team" level car was to get the best stuff.
2) Several of the a-arm tie-rods came bent right-out of the package. I too am a mfr (Oval Chassis Kits) and understand that this type of thing does happen from time to time, so I'll just consider it a fluke thing and move on.
3) The fit and finish of the parts was the typical top notch level that I have come to expect from Team Associated.
4) Really like the next generation steering linkage. What an improvement over the TC3
5) What ever happened to the composite shaft that used to come with the TC3? The blue anodized aluminum one just seem significantly heavier

Now for a couple of items that I'd like some input on:
1) There seems to be an excessive amount of slop in the entire front suspension assembly. Is there any way to minimize this? I see this as a real problem for keeping the car consistient.
2) I'd heard from many people that the drive train on the TC4 had been improved since the TC3. The drive train on the TC4 that I assembled seems excessively bound up. The TC3 that I currently run will free spin for 10 - 15 seconds without a motor pinion (or wheels) attached. I'm lucky if my TC4's main shaft will spin 2 or 3 revolutions before it comes to a grinding halt. I've sprayed out and re-oiled the entired bearing set and made sure the differential assemblies weren't too tight in the differential cases. Is there anything that can be done to help this situation.

I'd just like to close by saying that I'm more interested in getting some input on the last two items rather than starting a "why the TC4 is a pile of crap" discussion. I do not have those feelings and have been happy with the TC3 that I have been running for nearly 5 years. Road course has really never been my thing (15 years as a die-hard oval racer/mfr) but I've been running sedan of late and have been really enjoying it. Just looking to make my experience with the TC4 better.

Eric Dimmick
Owner
Darkside Motorsports
Old 07-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi Eric,

If you are still using the stock plastic wheel hexes, please loosen your wheel nuts. The stock plastic ones will bind on the bearing creating exactly what you are describing, two revolutions then stop.

Front end slop: Depends on "where" it is coming from. You will probably have to shim up the inner hinge pin area and the steering bell crank assembly. Those two areas need plenty of attention.

Art
Old 07-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Eric: Thanks for the input. The Factory Team car will come with the Ti turnbuckles. I'll head back and check out the steelies and see if they are bent. First we've heard of this....well, me, anyway.

We had some issues with some parts. So, instead of just releasing the car, we decided to wait a 'little' longer (hopefully) and put out a better product. I know it sucks but we do want you to have a good product. I'm sure Jason feels this also....

Last edited by TPhalen; 07-20-2005 at 07:57 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.