Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Ray, the fix is to find a thin shim that fits the steering post and put it between the chassis and swing arm and tighten it down. There may or may not be some slop between the swing arm and the rack. A motor shim on one of the screws should fix that problem.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jack Smash
Ray, the fix is to find a thin shim that fits the steering post and put it between the chassis and swing arm and tighten it down. There may or may not be some slop between the swing arm and the rack. A motor shim on one of the screws should fix that problem.
Thanks!! Thats easy!
Old 12-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So get this...

This weekend I'm at my track (Mike's Hobby Shop, Dallas) and Associated-sponsored racer Kyle Skidmore is there.

He says to me "Are you still having trouble with slop in your front arms/caster blocks?"

I say yes, and he starts handing me parts... new arms, new hinge pins... and I start smilin'

He said that Associated sent him a box of new parts that have been fixed... like the parts molds have been improved... and he was asked to hand them out to people at the track having trouble with their TC4s.

I thought this was very cool of Associated. Thanks Associated, and thanks Kyle!

P.S. The new parts didn't seem to be labeled "version 2" or anything... so I don't know that you'd be able to tell if a particular part on the shelf was "new and improved" or not.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:17 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That's awesome if you have a sponsored racer in town.....
Old 12-20-2004, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Associated has posted TC4 setups at:

http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/setup/0setups_onroad.htm

Included are a IFMAR Worlds setup from Juho Levanen and a US Indoor Championships setup from Barry Baker
Tech Adept

A team driver over here in the UK did the same for me on Sunday, new Wishbone set (all 4), new hinge pins and a new diff gear.

He hasn't even put any on his own car yet as he has made sure all the TC4 drivers he knows have got them first.

Andy
Tech Champion

Thats great CS!!!

YOu know people will complain-but a running change is better then no change!! Look on the bright side-if you bought a ton of arms for yor car-your set for spares, but if you break them all-well by then your sure to get the V2 arms!! j/k
Old 12-20-2004, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Skids is a pretty cool racer. I think he is focusing on onroad right now and thats cool for the locals. The free parts sound good but honestly I am not having a major slop issue. Nothing thats hurting my driving anyways...

Not used to having traction.... kinda crazy running onroad and offroad back to back again...
Old 12-20-2004, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: bulletproofing the TC4 steering rack

Originally posted by rayhuang
hey all,

Can one of you guys who have followed this thread for weeks-please link me over to anyones explanation on how to deslop/blueprint permanently the TC4 steering rack system?

I am about to receive a TC4 and a pre-production BMI TC4 for foam tire testing and need to know what you guys have done to this part of the car.

Thanks,
Ray
Ray, keep me posted on the BMI TC4 Chassis. Would like to get one of those.

Later,
Old 12-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: bulletproofing the TC4 steering rack

Crash-Cool-I'll get your cell number from Dick'n after Ive run it and give ya a shout!!!

Last edited by rayhuang; 12-20-2004 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Jack Smash
Does anyone have a part number for these shims that'll fit the steering post?
Old 12-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

If I'm not mistaken, they are the same axle shims you use for the CVD's.

Blake
Old 12-20-2004, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Bob Nilsen
So get this...

This weekend I'm at my track (Mike's Hobby Shop, Dallas) and Associated-sponsored racer Kyle Skidmore is there.

He says to me "Are you still having trouble with slop in your front arms/caster blocks?"

I say yes, and he starts handing me parts... new arms, new hinge pins... and I start smilin'

He said that Associated sent him a box of new parts that have been fixed... like the parts molds have been improved... and he was asked to hand them out to people at the track having trouble with their TC4s.

P.S. The new parts didn't seem to be labeled "version 2" or anything... so I don't know that you'd be able to tell if a particular part on the shelf was "new and improved" or not.
HAd the same thing happen here.... really kool!
Old 12-20-2004, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
If I'm not mistaken, they are the same axle shims you use for the CVD's.

Blake
Yep they are the ones that fit... of if you want you can use the Yokomo ones that are .1mm
-Dave
Old 12-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Bob Nilsen
So get this...

Our local Associated Team member Steve Rossi hooked us up with the new parts as well! This is a great way to support your costomers. Thanks alot Team Associated for the replacement parts, and alot thanks to Steve Rossi for passing them out and helping with our setups!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.