Faster? Belt-Shaft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Faster? Belt-Shaft

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

just get a shaft driven that way its just one less thing to worry about, i have a tc3 and i dont even think about it, and i run a 19t mod and its super fast off the line, none of my friends have a belt driving car so i have never raced against one but if i did i'm sure i would beat it, but a shaft wont wear out you dont have to worry about it being to loose or to tight stuff like that
Old 08-22-2004, 06:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Just Wondering

No i already have a XXX-S Sport. I was just wondering so i could do something in the future.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

I prefer a MI2 for a great belt car. It is very smooth and consistant.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by kh15
a shaft wont wear out you dont have to worry about it being to loose or to tight stuff like that
Wanna bet?? repeat after me.... ALL PARTS WEAR OUT.... Belts, shafts,bearings, gears, pulleys,ect ALL PARTS WEAR OUT....
Old 08-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Wanna bet?? repeat after me.... ALL PARTS WEAR OUT.... Belts, shafts,bearings, gears, pulleys,ect ALL PARTS WEAR OUT....
Not if you don't use it!
Old 08-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

i ran it a season and the only things i had to replace for this upcoming season of indoor carpet was the spur and the belt.

the belt was fine tho i just did it cause i had a extra.

Opps sorry super steve i thought that u were talking about the MI2 wore down fast.
Old 08-22-2004, 07:28 PM
tornado

I currently have 2 shaft cars...FTTC3 and CGM....both equally good....before these 2 I've driven X-ray...still thinking of getting it back... not because the shaft cars are not good...just love the car running in silent mode...like a silent killer....anyway both shaft and belt cars are good....just which one suits your driving style. The 3 mentioned.....are winners.

Bryan

Old 08-22-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by kh15
just get a shaft driven that way its just one less thing to worry about, i have a tc3 and i dont even think about it, and i run a 19t mod and its super fast off the line, none of my friends have a belt driving car so i have never raced against one but if i did i'm sure i would beat it, but a shaft wont wear out you dont have to worry about it being to loose or to tight stuff like that
Shaft drivetrains fail MUCH more often then belt drivetrains....
Belts don't stretch, break or wear out......
You still have to shim shaft cars, so you still need to worry about the drivetrain being too tight or too loose......
Both are good, I'm starting to think it dosen't really make much difference....
Old 08-22-2004, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Faster? Belt-Shaft

Originally posted by Losifreak
Which is faster, belt or shaft?
What tastes better, Oranges or Apples? Depends? Well so does the answer to your question.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:15 PM
tornado

Originally posted by Cardboard
Shaft drivetrains fail MUCH more often then belt drivetrains....
Belts don't stretch, break or wear out......
You still have to shim shaft cars, so you still need to worry about the drivetrain being too tight or too loose......
Both are good, I'm starting to think it dosen't really make much difference....
My dear sir .....belts do wear out and S_T_R_E_T_C_H from use and belts do B-R------E------AK ! I've experienced loosing A main lead with the stupid belt breaking in the dying minutes of the race...a new one too !

I'm not trying to condemn the belt cars are not good..... they are great cars...FK is super ..... I'm thinking of getting one again despite that experience...just bad luck.

Bryan

Old 08-22-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Chazz
I would say belt, as a shaft has a tiny gap betwee each teeth (when the diff and input gear are assembled), and belt is constant as one tooth follows another (that's why motor bikes have chains not shafts as it is constant), don't know if this is true but it's an opinion
If you didn't know all BMW motorcycles are shaft driven. Belts are not constant. They stretch and stay that way, thus the need of a belt tensioner.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:43 PM
tornado

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
If you didn't know all BMW motorcycles are shaft driven. Belts are not constant. They stretch and stay that way, thus the need of a belt tensioner.
Right on bro ! yes ! all BMW motorcycles are shaft driven....they're cool too !

Bryan

Old 08-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

I also agree on the sound of a belt car is much nicer than a shaft driven car. My freind has a pro4 and the thing sounds like a old vacum cleaner.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

The gearbox does amplify the sound of the gears. Have you heard the Barracuda?
Old 08-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

It all depends on how shaft drives are setup, a friend of mine has a pro4 and it sounds like a belt car on the track...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.