Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Let's race, bitches!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think this type of motor is a great idea. Now that Trinity has the ball rolling, let the other manufacturers bring their spec designs to the table. Once LRP, Tekin, etc. have designs which meet the rules, let ROAR approve the motors and mandate that the motors on the list are good for ONE racing season. At this point you've eliminated the motor of the week syndrome.

That being said, I feel you have to leave the boost. I'd much rather tune with software than have to buy a new $80 motor, because the one I have just isn't fast enough.

I still belive this after a weekend of struggling to find power in a boosted class.

EA can attest to how slow my car was. Guess I just need to spend a bit more time testing.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Thats also the place to post info on your new line of motors instead of on this Thread about Trinity/Epic motors.

EA
Isn't it a conflict of interest for a ROAR official to promote a particular Manufacturer's motor for ROAR Spec racing? Especially during the period in which the 2012 ROAR rules are being decided?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
I think this type of motor is a great idea. Now that Trinity has the ball rolling, let the other manufacturers bring their spec designs to the table. Once LRP, Tekin, etc. have designs which meet the rules, let ROAR approve the motors and mandate that the motors on the list are good for ONE racing season. At this point you've eliminated the motor of the week syndrome.

That being said, I feel you have to leave the boost. I'd much rather tune with software than have to buy a new $80 motor, because the one I have just isn't fast enough.

I still belive this after a weekend of struggling to find power in a boosted class.

EA can attest to how slow my car was. Guess I just need to spend a bit more time testing.
I agree that a true SPEC or Novice class should be tightly regulated to keep it simple for the guys racing it and keep the rules intact for at least one year.

I also agree that allowing boost gets rid of the motor of the week as well and should be kept for Super stock classes. I also still think the motor rules should be firmed up for all SPEC type classes to help prevent cheating in the classes. I fear someone cheating with a motor 100000000 times more than I do with someone hacking a speedo software program as some think can happen.

Ian I didnt think your car was that slow. Looked like it had good rip. Just scrubbed a little to much. My car was bad till I made that change!

EA
Old 02-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

NovakTwo, I haven't seen Eric do any promotion. First post of the thread asked for opinions good or bad from racers.

Do you have any examples where he's been promoting this motor?

Or do you have the same shame level as RCMarket when it comes to spam-tactic promotion in every thread you can claw into?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Isn't it a conflict of interest for a ROAR official to promote a particular Manufacturer's motor for ROAR Spec racing? Especially during the period in which the 2012 ROAR rules are being decided?
Not promoting it. Asking for feedback if you really want to get down to it smart ass. Your the one trying to promote your stuff in someone elses thread. Besides dont you have some other peoples butt's to kiss that tend to spend a lot of time around there? Besides I am a NON VOTING MEMBER of the EXCOMM....so I dont make any decisions.....Im really surprised you didnt know that already though since you know everything else!

EA
Old 02-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Maybe ROAR will hand out an award for the cause of the most RC fires in 2010/2011?
Old 02-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Old 02-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by or8ital
+1
Old 02-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Maybe ROAR will hand out an award for the cause of the most RC fires in 2010/2011?
Its funny at birds I had a 3 heat old Novak go up in smoke running the exact same gear I been running for weeks. Never got the motor over 140* in a 6 minute race at my home track. Then I torn it apart I saw 1 winding bad. Obviously a manufacturing defect. I then took it to the Novak Rep. and was told "Oh you got it way to hot.. If you send it to Novak they'll send you a replacement for half price." Yea right. I put a D3 back in my car and ended up being faster.

All that said I give Novak the award!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Company Representative

The rest of us motor manufacturers must wait for ROAR's decisions before proceeding with costly motor re-designs for the upcoming season---will the motors only be restricted to non-timing---will they need to be epoxied or otherwise limited or sealed? Any re-buildability allowed? Who knows?

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
NovakTwo, I haven't seen Eric do any promotion. First post of the thread asked for opinions good or bad from racers.

Do you have any examples where he's been promoting this motor?

Or do you have the same shame level as RCMarket when it comes to spam-tactic promotion in every thread you can claw into?
Old 02-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Company Representative

In that case, supporting Trinity's non-timing motor for ROAR Spec is not a problem.

Not promoting it. Asking for feedback if you really want to get down to it smart ass. Your the one trying to promote your stuff in someone elses thread. Besides dont you have some other peoples butt's to kiss that tend to spend a lot of time around there? Besides I am a NON VOTING MEMBER of the EXCOMM....so I dont make any decisions.....Im really surprised you didnt know that already though since you know everything else!

EA
Old 02-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ian I didnt think your car was that slow. Looked like it had good rip. Just scrubbed a little to much. My car was bad till I made that change!

EA
I dunno, tried several chassis set-ups, all were about the same. Just felt like I had my choice of straightaway, or infield pull. I couldn't find a balnce between the two. Maybe my 3 year old motors are finally getting a bit tired?
Old 02-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

But this is not the Novak way.....you guys are the innovators. Spend lots of money, have rules written around you.....then we all bow down to your greatness for saving RC with brushless.....that pretty much sums up most of your posts....

Later EddieO

The rest of us motor manufacturers must wait for ROAR's decisions before proceeding with costly motor re-designs for the upcoming season---will the motors only be restricted to non-timing---will they need to be epoxied or otherwise limited or sealed? Any re-buildability allowed? Who knows?
Old 02-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

If you think you answered my questions, you've got some comprehension issues.

I understand most manufacturers don't want to take unnecessary risk to build something that may put them at a disadvantage, or worse, build and market something that may not even be legal. I do understand business.

What I don't understand, is how, as a company representative, you can come into a thread that doesn't pertain to your company, sling baseless accusations that are a direct result of your failure to properly read, and somehow think you're representing Novak in the most positive way possible?

There's a saying I'm sure you've heard: "the squeaky wheel gets the grease", but in this modern age of choice and consumer power, I just replace the wheel with one that doesn't squeak

Anybody want to buy an original GTB with added smart stop? I think I'm finally done with all things orange.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.