Wiki Posts
Search

New SPEC Class racing motor from EPIC/Trinity

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
That part of it is over my head to be honest with you. Thats for the Tech director to understand! LOL Not dodging an answer for you just being honest.

EA
That's cool, I have no idea, just questioning some things I have heard.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Stock Spec Racing!!........ Great start!!
Old 02-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
That's cool, I have no idea, just questioning some things I have heard.
I will see if I can get an answer for you. I was under the impression that the sensor was just mechanical so to speak and the speedo read the sensors. It was up to the speedo to determine when to read the sensors and that the speedo is what advanced them for boost, turbo, timing advance or what ever. I'll have to see if we can get a technical answer from Randy or Reto on that though!

EA
Old 02-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I like the concept as long as others will be allowed to "play" in the market should the choose to do so.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am just a club racer. I may travel 2-3 hours for a race if I get a carpool, but I usually dont go to the Birds except as a spectator.

For me this is simply a matter of what is the local club doing. If they are going to it as a spec motor then I will adopt it without fuss. If its a handout motor at a big event should I ever attend something like that. That is fine as well. I applaud Ernie for the effort but I cant say if I will be running one anytime soon. I just cant say.

What is the money going to be on that? Just a ballpark?
Old 02-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I like the concept as long as others will be allowed to "play" in the market should the choose to do so.
Randy can you answer Wingracers question about sensors? I dont know the answer.

EA
Old 02-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I'll have to see if we can get a technical answer from Randy or Reto on that though!

EA
Yes depending on certain factors the sensors can all "read" differently. It can be tech'd and approved by people that know how. I would expect something like this to be in the "rules" should some be written for such a class/motor.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

sign me up!

buying a new motor that comes out because its better and faster is senseless. i would love to buy a motor and not have to worry about timing,
Old 02-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

If the cost is below 50 bucks I'm game I loved the motor price limit of the brushed 27T motors!
Old 02-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

sounds like a good idea considering we were never allowed to have adjustable timing endbells in stock classes in the brushed days. my only concern with this is with the 17.5 set at true zero will these end up being slower than the old 27 turn brushed motors?
Old 02-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
sounds like a good idea considering we were never aloud to have adjustable timing endbells in stock classes in the brushed days. my only concern with this is with the 17.5 set at true zero will these end up being slower than the old 27 turn brushed motors?
No...They wont be a ton slower than what we have now I dont think.

EA
Old 02-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
if we are going spec racing, then i like the idea of a locked timing motor. i would like to see this extend to just like the brush days. put a limit on the cost and make spec races a handout motor with a limit on the number of motors a racer can purchase at a race.
i agree.

look at what they did at the birds in brushed days they gave a hand out motors for the classes,now today they don't and it still cost you the same to race,hopefully this will bring back good stock racing not that it was ever gone.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I would still consider myself to be a "new guy". i started racing in September and have been in doing it 2 - 3 times a week since. (literally). Our track has been through a lot in reference to stock "tuning" and what not. Best thing we could have done is (and what we did do) was remove esc timing. A big class became even bigger and people were happy. The results didn't change much. The winners still won, and the lesser drivers still had to work on their driving skills.
To take ALL of the tuning options out of a 17.5 motor seems like a little bit far in my opinion. 15* on an endbell is NOTHING like 15* on a kinetic or rs. Endbell timing is something I consider to be "tuning". Want torque, want top end speed.... change the timing. u can't have one without loosing the other.
My person opinion, the rules should just be fair, reasonable, and consistent. everyone should know the rules and have a reason means of abiding by them. Go to a hand out motor and what's next? esc, tires, gearing, chassis, rental rides that are EXACTLY spec....
please save some fun in my hobby.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Interesting

EA-

It is an interesting concept and sounds as if this has been in the works for some time now seeing as how another manufacturer has also released info today on their "locked" sensor motor as well.

My question as a Trinity/Epic direct dealer account, with a carpet track and shop is this. Wouldn't it have been a benefit to release this info to ALL dealers with tracks earlier and maybe send a motor out to those tracks for use and generate interest at a club level?

Just a thought
Old 02-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Put me down as "Cautiously Optimistic"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.