R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Thoughts about rumores of a Losi XXX-S II (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/48097-thoughts-about-rumores-losi-xxx-s-ii.html)

Nightbreed 08-18-2004 08:45 PM

Thoughts about rumores of a Losi XXX-S II

I read on the RC zone website that Losi might have a new car in the works. It was a belted car and I was wondering what you guys thought Losi would incorporate in a new belted car. I thought the XXX-S was a stroke of genus, but what else could they do?

The Black Kat 08-18-2004 08:58 PM

Its called the Xray T1 FK :lol:

Sorry, just had to say that before someone else did

Cardboard 08-18-2004 09:05 PM

Droop Screws, make the chassis lighter, slightly easier way to set gear mesh,
vertical rear ballstud, wider kit hexes, more front camber link positions, reinforcing the screw area in the front c-hubs

Originally posted by The Black Kat
Its called the Xray T1 FK :lol:
:rolleyes:

Kevin K 08-18-2004 09:17 PM

My local Track owner said that there is a new XXXS Pro-2 Sport or something like that listed with Horizon. He said its to come with novak electronics and a Trinity motor and Chrome wheels maybe? So this might be a new kit or just a new RTR style. Losi does have a history of bringing out "basic" onroad kits first then selling hop ups then selling a whole "racer" type car. So this might be just in line with what they have done in the past or just a whole new RTR

But about the "New" car that doesnt exist....lol. Its been seen at a bunch of races....and Im sure that it will be out sooner or later.

kinwaldĉJR 08-18-2004 09:27 PM

its a dual belt car with battery tray up the center :nod:

black cat : Xray FT :lol: that thing is sweet i still can't beleive Xray managed to mill out and make the axles hollow:eek:

The Black Kat 08-18-2004 09:31 PM

Originally posted by Kevin K
But about the "New" car that doesnt exist....lol. Its been seen at a bunch of races....and Im sure that it will be out sooner or later.
All the pics I've seen from the races are with the XXX-S

rc-zombies 08-18-2004 09:34 PM

Originally posted by kinwaldĉJR
its a dual belt car with battery tray up the center :nod:

THat is what I've heard too... two belt car to be run at the worlds.

Kevin K 08-18-2004 09:42 PM

Originally posted by The Black Kat
All the pics I've seen from the races are with the XXX-S
do you think that they are going to let anyone take pictures of it or Parade the thing around the pits????:rolleyes:

I also heard that the drive train is off set so the battery can be closer to the center....and the motor is in the middle of the car....and the A-arms are shorter. Hmmm that sounds a lot like a Pro-3:eek: :lol:

The Black Kat 08-18-2004 11:26 PM

Still...you know Losi drivers....They wreck a lot. If its a Losi someones bound to snap a pic when one flips....or gets hacked by a Tamiya :lol:

Dragonfire 08-18-2004 11:31 PM

pro 3 had long arms, they were bent just so they could go under the chassis... great design for breaking.

Would be nice to look at this car if it is anyuthing like a pro 3. In theroy the pro3 is the best chassis layout on the market. Would be nice to see it improved and updated....

Anyone got a REAL pic yet?? (no blurred photos thanx...)

Nightbreed 08-18-2004 11:39 PM

if it's like a Pro 3...

I'll stick with the XXX-S. The one belt is as free rolling as any two belted car I have had. The XXX-S just needs better droop screws. I have never been that impressed with the results of a center battery lay out car. Perhaps for off road it is better for jumps and etc. Just my 2-cents.:tire:

The Black Kat 08-18-2004 11:43 PM

Originally posted by Dragonfire
Anyone got a REAL pic yet?? (no blurred photos thanx...)
Any pics are cool to me....Want to see some innovation here! :tire:

Bigger Brother 08-19-2004 02:24 AM

What I've heard here in the UK:

Smaller diff pulleys

Single belt

VERY narrow

Havn't seen any pics yet, was expecting to see some from this weekends race at Full Throttle, but from what I hear now none of the Losi drivers are going.

RichO 08-19-2004 07:17 AM

If you go to Todd's thread, there is a picture Todd posted of a milled chassis. Conveniently, its taken as a side picture on the battery side. Might be an early look at the new lightened chassis for all of you that are interested...

For me it boils down to:
1. better camber link positions in the front
2. offset camber positions that don't rub on the tire rims (front and rear)
3. droop screws in the arms onto the chassis
4. move around the belt system so you don't have to take out the pulley system to get a diff out
5. 50/50 weight balance so you don't have to stack the electronics...

I am sure I could come up with more, but...

I hope they come out with a graphite kit from the start. I am sick of upgrading plastic cars as a racer. If you want plastic, buy RTR...

-Rich

DavidAlford 08-19-2004 07:29 AM

IF, big IF, a new car does come out we all know it will be plastic first. Thats the way Losi and Associated have always done things.