Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chicmagnet
When will Kopropo release a brushless system for tc??
chicmagnet, i understand why you made this question, your wondering it's difficult to appear, but honestly it will happening if the JMRCA race rules allowing to use it, Ko propo like other brands of his country will not making a Brushless only for foreign market. I saw on some japanese mags, HB team driver was testing the LRP Bl system, maybe their rules will change later so they are preparing and developing for it.

Last edited by mac853; 08-17-2007 at 01:34 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mac853
chicmagnet, i understand why you made this question, your wondering it's difficult to appear, but honestly it will happening if the JMRCA race rules allowing to use it, Ko propo like other brands of his country will not making a Brushless only for foreign market. I saw on some japanese mags, HB team driver was testing the LRP Bl system, maybe their rules will change later so they are preparing and developing for it.

it that it??? im just hoping that they built a brushless system asap! i just love japanese brand! its very reliable!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicmagnet
it that it??? im just hoping that they built a brushless system asap! i just love japanese brand! its very reliable!!!
I don't see them making one until the rules in Japan allow BL, but who knows. I really like the size and power of the VFS-1 but it took forever to get mine fixed (it went dead on the 4th day I had it), plus I though the warranty would cover it, but it cost me $25, and they send back the part that blew .
Old 08-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Will a 23 turn profile from KO work well on a Sport Tuned motor?
Old 08-19-2007, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by redbones
Will a 23 turn profile from KO work well on a Sport Tuned motor?
It depends the size of circuit, and run time and efficiency you need, I think you should use 27t one, but never try to copy from them totally, there are just few examples to give you an idea, of course you should be careful with the motor wear so don't the numbers so low.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Help - got the gear but how to connect

OK I thought I was ready to go, but

I have my VFS-1C2 ECS + multi setting adaptor + VFS-1 setting card + VFS-1 Manager v2.2 software + serial connection lead (came with the VFS-1 Manager) + twin extension wire for connecting to servo (came with VFS-1 Manager but not needed I assume if I am only working tthe ESC).

I thought I could setup various profiles in the Manager software, including importing the sample settings for 27T technical track and download them to the setting card in the mutli setting adaptor. Then dowload those to the VFS-1 in the field as and when required.

BUT the VFS-1 setting card connection is male - makes sense as the ESC connection is female. AND the connector on the serial cable attached to the PC is also male - great if you want to attach the ESC but not great if you want you to attach the multi setting adaptor with setting card. I am starting to wonder why I bought the latter! I know why - the setting card has multiple memories but how do you manage these with the PC Manager software if the KO serial cable has a male connector and the setting card connector is male also.

Am I missing soemthing obvious? Help please.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

You cannot send data from the PC interface to the setting card. You will either have to enter the data manually into the setting card and save it for each memmory or connect your esc to the PC interface and transfer the data then transfer from the esc to your hand setting adapter. Those are your only choices.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Can somebody pls give me a 5cell program for modified on high speed and technical tracks?

Greetings Ollie
Old 08-23-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

I want to know if the setup for stock/19t on the KO SITE is the best setup?
If someone have a good setup for stock/19t please post, thank you.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello All,

I know this isn't exactly the right place, but I have a VFS-1 pro in excellent condition for sale $85 shipped. I thought I would offer it to the guys who know how great a speedo it is first, but if no one wants it here I'm going to put it on ebay because the for sale forum just gets to messy. Any takers?

Cheerz
Old 08-30-2007, 01:08 AM
Tech Adept

Hiya

I am changing to the vfs1 competition 2.
I am wondering if it will have similar or more punch compaired to a keyence rapida pro?, also what about topend?. Does anyone know what the on resistance is for the competition 2 ?

Thanks Ya`All
Old 08-30-2007, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MoonTrap
I am changing to the vfs1 competition 2.
I am wondering if it will have similar or more punch compaired to a keyence rapida pro?, also what about topend?. Does anyone know what the on resistance is for the competition 2 ?
I've got VFS-1 Pro's, Comp's and Comp II's. If you're Mike Blackstock you might feel a difference. I'm a pretty good club-level racer and I couldn't tell you one from the other in a blind test. Then again, I'm honest enough with myself that I know my equipment isn't what holds me back...
Old 08-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

I just got my PC interface cable but on my laptop there are no port to fit the interface cable to, there are a few USB slot but none to fit the cable that come with the software, the laptop is a Sony Vaio did anyone have the same problem? if so where did you get the adapter from and if you have the part number that would be great, thank you.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ramyuras
I just got my PC interface cable but on my laptop there are no port to fit the interface cable to, there are a few USB slot but none to fit the cable that come with the software, the laptop is a Sony Vaio did anyone have the same problem? if so where did you get the adapter from and if you have the part number that would be great, thank you.
you probably have the serial cable version. you can purchase a serial to USB adapter at Fry's Electronics (if your in california). otherwise... check their website. www.frys.com

- C
Old 09-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

Hiya

How important is it to use a schottki diode on the vfs-1 comp2 ?,
i race silver can 540, stock, and 19 turn. I never use brakes during racing. And can you use a normal 5A diode?

Thanks Ya`All

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.