Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scooby61
Haven't seen the clip type. I already have the notched pins but bought the chassis used so not sure if the builder thread locked the set screws. I'm going take them all apart and I ordered the top racing cvd retainers I think this should take care of the issue right?
Do you mean the axle pin retainers? Yes those will work, you can also use the aluminum rings that come with the nylon spool assembly from Serpent.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Cam I'm using the stock Serpent bumper, even my car you ran in Calgary was on the stock bumper. Don't sweat the rest, you have to use what works for you, but I can say I'm 100% on all stock Serpent parts on the new car, its just some things need to be used in the right places.
If I could stay off the boards like you do, I wouldn't even need a bumper! Haha
Old 08-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CamLS
I never said there was anything wrong with the stock Serpent parts, I was simply looking for alternates to use as the stock ones can be difficult to source locally in town (LHS doesn't stock any TC brand parts), let alone in Canada. I'm not sponsored, so I don't exactly have the resources to stock spares of every single little part of my Serpent TC's.

Saying 3rd party parts can't be used due to geometry/dynamics reasons is one thing, but to say they can't be used just because of the manufacturers name seems a little farfetched. Everyone I knows uses the Xray Hard foam bumper as the stock Serpent foam bumper is far too soft for the hard track boards that we use. Broken front suspension parts dropped significantly once I switched to the Xray hard bumper.
Fair enough
Old 08-17-2014, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I use the parma front bumper and cut it to fit the body . It works great to save suspension and the body too!!!
Old 08-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

well I put the asphalt set up off the serpent app. for testing for the Virgina mod race in two weeks and the car was amazing. and i am still running my 411 ERYX 2.0
Old 09-14-2014, 03:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Hey guys, I've been throwing money at my S411 for the past few months, trying to find the right spur gear. I need to be able to access the rear motor screw and nothing I've tried so far gives me a clear shot at it. I've tried various 64p and 48p spurs from a few sources with no luck. (I've also bought a set of pinions I think may now be useless) Right now I've got a Serpent 48p, 69t spur from Serpent that completely blocks that screw and I can see that it will still be blocked if and when I get the pinion on.

So, here's the deal. I want to get my car to around a 4.0 FDR. What size 48p spur do I need that ? What are you using? Why didn't I just stick to Tamiya minis?
Old 09-14-2014, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Hey guys, I've been throwing money at my S411 for the past few months, trying to find the right spur gear. I need to be able to access the rear motor screw and nothing I've tried so far gives me a clear shot at it. I've tried various 64p and 48p spurs from a few sources with no luck. (I've also bought a set of pinions I think may now be useless) Right now I've got a Serpent 48p, 69t spur from Serpent that completely blocks that screw and I can see that it will still be blocked if and when I get the pinion on.

So, here's the deal. I want to get my car to around a 4.0 FDR. What size 48p spur do I need that ? What are you using? Why didn't I just stick to Tamiya minis?
Just buy Leespeed spur gears or install the newest version of the motor mount.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thanks for the spur gear suggestion, but I'll still have the toothed edge of the gear exactly in front of the rearmost motor screw. What I am asking for is a suggestion as to what size of spur gear to purchase. I just had a look at the motor mount. I can't see how it would relocate the screws to make them more accessible.

Thanks.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Thanks for the spur gear suggestion, but I'll still have the toothed edge of the gear exactly in front of the rearmost motor screw. What I am asking for is a suggestion as to what size of spur gear to purchase. I just had a look at the motor mount. I can't see how it would relocate the screws to make them more accessible.

Thanks.
Just buy a new motor mount. It will make ur life easier. I'm using 92 spur but still didn't have clear access w stock motor mount. But now it's much easier w new mount. 98 spur should give u an easier access but u would have to enlarge the hole (s) in the spur or get a ball hex.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thanks. 98t 48p seems kinda giant. That'd give me a rather humungous 64t pinion, to get my FDR in the 4.00 range.. (I'm guessing you're quoting a 64p spur. I'll translate that into 48p.)

Anyone know a cheap source for the motor mount?
Old 09-14-2014, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jim, I usually run a 64P 86T or 88T, which in 48P would be 64-66T but I don't know where to find 48P in those sizes.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thanks, Steve. I've spurs and pinions in 48p that will provide the ratios I need. I'll look around for the motor mount.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks. 98t 48p seems kinda giant. That'd give me a rather humungous 64t pinion, to get my FDR in the 4.00 range.. (I'm guessing you're quoting a 64p spur. I'll translate that into 48p.)

Anyone know a cheap source for the motor mount?
I've got a 92 spur 64p with a 58t pinion in mine right now. For what you want you would only need a 46 which is not uncommon in my area for indoor carpet (amain sells them and our local shops stock both). It does take some messing around to get it right but as the others mentioned the newer motor mounts do make it a bit easier.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all
First of all, I'm quite new on TC cars. I was into 1/10th off road back then and so this is fresh hobby for me actually
I got xray t4-14 but somehow I don't seem to connect with it especially slow corner entry

I am thinking of switching to other cars and serpent and yokomo are contenders on my list now
Could anyone who has ever owned those cars or one of them or got anything at all willing to share what are serpent advantages and disadvantages compare to latest xray t4 and latest yokomo black edition?
All opinions and suggestion are greatly appreciated
Thank you
Old 09-17-2014, 01:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
I've got a 92 spur 64p with a 58t pinion in mine right now. For what you want you would only need a 46 which is not uncommon in my area for indoor carpet (amain sells them and our local shops stock both). It does take some messing around to get it right but as the others mentioned the newer motor mounts do make it a bit easier.
I'm invested enough in 48p that I'm sticking with it for now. I'll be ordering the motor mount soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.