Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 02:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

just built my very first serpent s411te...

i got 4x 46mm CVD.

from my experience, 46mm cannot be put in rear for negative chamber. wrong packing of else????
Old 03-30-2012, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by beaim
just built my very first serpent s411te...

i got 4x 46mm CVD.

from my experience, 46mm cannot be put in rear for negative chamber. wrong packing of else????
This car is not an Xray. All CVD are the same length.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:55 AM
Tech Initiate

First of all thankx for his fantastic tread.
Very usefull.

Question , is there a limit to lower the rollcenter by shimming out the upperarm ?
I am new to tc racing , and is it right to think how lower the rollcenter , the higher the grip of the car ?
Old 03-30-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin E.
First of all thankx for his fantastic tread.
Very usefull.

Question , is there a limit to lower the rollcenter by shimming out the upperarm ?
I am new to tc racing , and is it right to think how lower the rollcenter , the higher the grip of the car ?
You can shim as much as you want, as long as nothing binds or rubs.

Lower roll centers don't always increase grip...... in fact depending on conditions you can actually decrease traction with it. What surface and tires will you be using?
Old 03-30-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anyone looking for a BNIB LE ? PM me

Last edited by TimPotter; 03-30-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Questions??

Hey Guys is there a thread for the S411FF?
Old 03-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cwoods34

Lower roll centers don't always increase grip...... in fact depending on conditions you can actually decrease traction with it. What surface and tires will you be using?
If you get a chance down load martins crisps Rc work bench this wil help you to understand all the settings on the car and will enable you to also dial your TC in I have found it most use full and has assisted me I getting the most out of my car.
It will tell you and assist you in every thing you wil need to know.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cwoods34

I run on low traction asphalt with LRP 30X.
The car feels good and in some way easy to drive.
But the biggest problem is a loose rear end by off steering in mid corner.
The tires are squeak when entering the corner but when i go off trottle the rear end comes really loose , so its allmost impossible to let the car roll smooth in mid corner.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

I run on low traction asphalt with LRP 30X.
The car feels good and in some way easy to drive.
But the biggest problem is a loose rear end by off steering in mid corner.
The tires are squeak when entering the corner but when i go off trottle the rear end comes really loose , so its allmost impossible to let the car roll smooth in mid corner.
Hi Kevin,

PM me your email and i will send you a good low traction setup for a starting point.

Also guys tried the flex top deck last night and transformed the car again went .3 quicker and finished 2nd in the A main....
Old 03-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Schroder
Hi Kevin,

PM me your email and i will send you a good low traction setup for a starting point.

Also guys tried the flex top deck last night and transformed the car again went .3 quicker and finished 2nd in the A main....
Good luck Kevin, there are a few of us working really hard to create low traction out door setups. Try Mikes setup it should help. I installed the exotek bumper brace super easy and cheap upgrade . I really like the flex top deck outdoors, glad to hear you are running well Mike, I am really looking forward to racing this weekend.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

I will post up my out door asphalt set up for you to give a look over when I get to my pc I have found changing the front helped me with what you were describing even just standing up the front shock one hole at a time can help I got 2 set ups I like to start with one of which is asphalt large track and the other small indoor carpet track
Old 03-31-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I want to try for a little more turn in, I have a mild push on entry. what adjustment or combo would you guys try? I can not decide if I want to increase rear sway from 1.2 to 1.4 to match the front or decrease wheelbase by going from 5mm to 4mm in front of rear arm, increasing front toe from .0mm to .5mm or match my spring front and rear. I am running white rear and gray front and am thinking of going gray front and rear, or possibly lean down from the 4th to 3rd hole on front shock. My car was very good and I am only looking for a small improvement.
I am leaning toward the spring or wheelbase adjustment with the toe being least likely
Thx
Don

Last edited by rdlkgliders; 04-01-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Great , today i went to the track to run some lipo's.
Car felt better then last time , the rear end grip by off trottle steering was a liitlebit better , but like i wonna have it hehehe.

I gave the car less grip in the front by bringing the toe out for 1° to 0,5° , so i decrease steering and the rear end created more grip.
Guys correct me if i'am wrong
Old 03-31-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Great , today i went to the track to run some lipo's.
Car felt better then last time , the rear end grip by off trottle steering was a liitlebit better , but like i wonna have it hehehe.

I gave the car less grip in the front by bringing the toe out for 1° to 0,5° , so i decrease steering and the rear end created more grip.
Guys correct me if i'am wrong
Less front toe will slightly reduce initial entry steering. Depending on your ackerman, this also gives a bit mid-corner rotation.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Initiate

So normaly when i have mid-corner rotation because of less front toe , the rear end should be more loose then before ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.