Wiki Posts
Search

Novak GTX

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by jkerr0043
You can either have it on the outside so you can mount it anywhere you want or it goes inside the case and makes the footprint larger.
The LRP quantum comp2 doesn't need a capacitor at all and it's still very small. I don't know if it has one built in buy why can't novak get rid of the cap without making the speedo a monstrosity?
Old 08-26-2004, 08:04 AM
The Evicerator

The power capacitor ENHANCES PERFORMANCE by keeping ESC temperatures lower (which translates to more efficiency), by adding a little extra botom and mid range power, and by helping filter out voltage inconsistancies.

When you see "other" esc team drivers run their escs without the capacitor on them usually it's because they feel they need LESS PUNCH... IE very big high speed tracks or low traction tracks...

Oh yeah, when it runs hot without the capacitor it is also more prone to glitching problems... Without a capactior as a voltage filter, all sorts of bad stuff can happen.

So, if you want your ESC to run hotter, run less efficiently, possibly glitch, and run slower, by all means run without a power capacitor.

Old 08-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Evicerator
The power capacitor ENHANCES PERFORMANCE by keeping ESC temperatures lower (which translates to more efficiency), by adding a little extra botom and mid range power, and by helping filter out voltage inconsistancies.

When you see "other" esc team drivers run their escs without the capacitor on them usually it's because they feel they need LESS PUNCH... IE very big high speed tracks or low traction tracks...

Oh yeah, when it runs hot without the capacitor it is also more prone to glitching problems... Without a capactior as a voltage filter, all sorts of bad stuff can happen.

So, if you want your ESC to run hotter, run less efficiently, possibly glitch, and run slower, by all means run without a power capacitor.

Thanks for the answer, big E!!. That makes perfect sence, I just hate those caps and I got all afire when I saw the LRP guys running without them.

BUT There's two things this world needs. A cure for cancer, and a way to get rid of that STUPID CAP!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 10:14 AM
The Evicerator

Well, the way technology works is that given enough time things seem to get smaller and smaller... hopefully someone will produce a capacitor with the proper specs in a smaller form factor
Old 08-27-2004, 01:03 PM
Suspended

Cool

The best thing to do is buy a Tekin. Their technology is as good as anything on the market and everything is internal. Even though the design is 5 years old, they were 5 years ahead of the competition.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:31 PM
The Evicerator

Has anyone been able to play Doom III on a 5 year old computer with great performance?

Last edited by Steve Weiss; 08-27-2004 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone been able to play Doom III on a 5 year old computer with great performance?
Just go to www.tomshardware.com or www.anandtech.com. They have reviews for Doom3 with older computers.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Suspended

Don't be sarcastic about the truth. I guess you "orange" guys are a bit nervous with TeamTekin being back. I would have to assume that is the reason for the GTX being released, to be able to keep up with 5 year old perfection.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:17 PM
The Evicerator

hehehehehe

Think what you will
Old 08-27-2004, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Want perfection get a Keyence.. hehe
Old 08-27-2004, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hmmmm....I don't see Keyence drivers or Tekin employees on internet forums, answering tech questions for their customers.....
Old 08-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Keyence is a huge electronics company. To them.. building/selling ESC's is just a hobby.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:24 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by J.Filipow
Hmmmm....I don't see Keyence drivers or Tekin employees on internet forums, answering tech questions for their customers.....
You haven't been looking hard enough. Go to www.teamtekin.com and you'll find forums devoted entirely to their products. They do an outstanding job of answering any question presented. Take a look at how much demand there is for Tekin products that are 5 or more years old in design. I can't wait until they design something totally new. The orange and blue guys will really be crying then. But then again, their 5 year old design is still kicking butt, so they may not be in such a hurry to bring out something new so fast. When a company makes such outstanding products new things don't have to be created every 1-2 years to stay on top. BTW, the only reason the orange and blue guys are on forums to offer help is because that is usually part of their job. It's easy to push a product when you get that product for free and you get paid as well.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by KilRuf
Want perfection get a Keyence.. hehe

Want perfection get a MRT!

R/CTech thread: New MRT ESC

British and the best!!!

www.team-mrt.com
Old 08-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Isn't this a Novak forum? Not a Tekin, Keyence, LRP or some other esc company forum. Why don't you just start up another forum about those esc's if you want to.

Steve - How much of a performance difference did you get when you ran the 2 capacitors on your GTX? Was is really noticable? Were there any other things like motor wear that suffered when you ran 2? I have 2 capacitors on my GT7, but I put them both on when I put my esc in the first time. So I never ran it with just one. Thanks.

-WR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.