Wiki Posts
Search

USRCF1 Formula One national event!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Would this chassis be considered a pan or tub chassis? You said it would be classified as GP2 but what would disqualify it from being able to run in GP3 or F1?
to answer your question because the width of this car it is only legal in F1 and GP2. you would not want to run that car in GP3.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
J that HPI car is legal in F1 and GP2, it is narrow and not a "PAN" in the sense of the Corally. as we all know the F201 cannot keep up with anything with a 21.5 or silver can UNLESS you run timing(especially on this track!) so with that being said the F201 is narrow therefore is legal for F1 and GP2.

in my opinion and on this track anyway the 103 is very competitive with the Corally cars. here is the thing, in GP3 any foam tire is legal so if you want to take your 103 and put 10sc foams on it is legal and that pretty much takes the advantage away from the corally, i dont believe the front end has an advantage over say the 109 front.

Guys there are alot of f1 cars out there , there is no way to make everyone happy and make all cars equal, lets get through this race and see what happens. one thing that will come into play which i think some of you may be forgetting is that there is no power restrictions in F1 or GP3. on a small carpet track with alot of twisties and a slow motor it is a different game as i would expect a Corally type car to dominate but as you can tell by the track pics it is just the opposite, whoever can put the most power down will have a huge advantage over corner speed, i have been racing at this track for years. its bigger than what the picture looks like

another thing to keep in mind that this series is designed for innovation. my team starts testing next week and i have some very interesting cars and setups that will be unveiled at the event. so even if your prototype isnt ready to race bring it anyway. it is time for F1 to evolve and breakaway from pan.
Thank you for the clarification on the HPI car. This gives me time to get one in my possession.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

you are very welcome
Old 01-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

"it is time for F1 to evolve and breakaway from pan"

Ah HAH! I may have gotten you on this one...or maybe not. Tamiya style cars may be smaller versions of the "pancar" but don't count both kinds. D-drive is here to stay and the rolling frame ideas keep coming. We want to grow F1 racing so let this be the start. If the market grows we will see offerings from other companies to join in the sales. With enough interest we could see CRC getting back in and Hyperdrive not so invisible. And dare I say it, AE could do it just because they feel like it. They do have the platforms to build pancar F1's. There is plenty of room for both. I have been told there are at least 8 + companies in Japan that we know nothing about and they are inovating and racing every week.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

This thread is so confusing
Old 01-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

What is it that you are confused about? Please ask
Here is a simple way around it.your first decision should be what motor do you want to run, that will eliminate two or three classes.
Then decide if you want to run foam or rubber
And finally plug in the car you want to use!
Gp2 will be the biggest class and it is the same rules that are used across the nation for the most part .
Maybe I am biased but it does not seem confusing to me, really.Pick your class ,build the car and race at a faaaaaast track
Old 01-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
What is it that you are confused about? Please ask
Here is a simple way around it.your first decision should be what motor do you want to run, that will eliminate two or three classes.
Then decide if you want to run foam or rubber
And finally plug in the car you want to use!
Gp2 will be the biggest class and it is the same rules that are used across the nation for the most part .
Maybe I am biased but it does not seem confusing to me, really.Pick your class ,build the car and race at a faaaaaast track

Now that you pointed it out GP2 does sound like the standard F1 format here in Socal. The track does indeed look huge so perhaps if it doesnt add mayhem you guys can shorten the track with a 'short cut' on the straight for the non modified classes.

I hope the event works out well for you! Have you talked to Tamiya and HPI yet to see if they will sponsor?
Old 01-20-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

the general chassis rundown is:
F1: narrow width, rubber tire on f104 (style wheels) so basically f104 and custom chassis. Shouldn't this be an open class due to a custom chassis? It's bassically your GP1/GP2 class with an open chassis rule?

GP3: wide track ,foam tire f103,f104w,f109,Corally, etc this class is really for the Pan style chassis cars.
Where does the 103 and 104W fit? They are not pan cars.

GP2: narrow or wide, foam or rubber, 21.5/silver can no timing ESC
if enough show to seperate foam from rubber we will do so. any car can run in this class except for Pan f1's
This is where 103/104W should be

GP1: box stock f104 non pro on Tamiya rubbers only. only upgrades allowed will be springs and T plates
This should be no different than GP2. non pro kits handle the same so why separate them?

It just seems like there is so much going on with classes. It shouldn't be this difficult to read? Why not just have two. You make the rules and people will follow.
F1 Open- Pan style, just decided which motor limit, boost or non.
F1 foam or rubber- Rubber tires should be the tire of choice for asphalt they last longer than foams, look more scale, roll out stays the same, have a fixed gearing for brushless(zero timing no boost), silver can.

Very simple. In the end it all comes down to tires and driving.

Last edited by gashuffer; 01-20-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

the track will not be shortened, they did that before and it makes a very dangerous gap that will mutilate any car that hits it.

F1 is an open class on rubber. there is a group of racers around the nation that dont run 21.5 /silver can(including me). and also this class is open to innovation. there are some mfg that are working on different platforms of cars i dont want to try and run them together. so its basically a rubber mod class.

GP3: they are not pan cars but on this track there is no time difference between the two so they can run together. the main advantage to the "PAN" cars is the 10th scale foams they run.

GP2 agreed, but like i said we dont run silver can and i have no intention of ever running it, so where do you think a mod motor 104 should be?

GP1 honestly this class may not stick around but we have some local racers that have box stock cars, and they dont run the same as a pro, especially on spec tires. if there are not enough sign ups for GP1 i will just cancel it, no big deal.

There are a few reasons why we need another class. one being that you cant buy the "PAN" cars anymore and they are not on the market. i am a mfg myself i can showcase my products on a platform that no longer exist. right now if you buy an F1 its more than likely going to fit in the new style Generation of F1, i want the F1 class to showcase these cars and i want the class to look true to scale. we also need a class that allows technology and you cant do that in a spec class with low power. we run an open class here locally and there is nothing like watching a 104 hit boost and scream down the track! i am at least a full second than any 21.5 car at our small track and 2+ seconds on the big track. so the argument of "more power is not needed" is moot. it may not be needed but it isnt hurting anything! i dont want to have another series with the same old classes. if you really look at it , it is just one extra class and it basically a mod GP2.
i know for a fact that there will be some independent suspension cars coming out soon ( i will be one of them). im sure that at first they may or may not be quicker but just like everyting else once we start tweaking them, they will get quicker.
look at 12th scale, you have at least four class at any event and it basically the same thing. personally i would not go to a race that didnt have a modified class and you can t run the pan f1's with tamiya based cars together in mod. i think that after some of you see the capabilities of the mod 104's on a big track it will change the mindset.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

I'm still lost.
Why are you designing a car on a platform that no longer exists? What are you comparing it to?

Good luck with this event. I hope there is a great turnout. I'm not trying at all to criticize you at all. In my mind I see the F1 class differently

Last edited by gashuffer; 01-20-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

"Formula 1 @ Horsham. HELL YEAH!!!!!"

And everywhere else where real racecars are at!

Do you guys think that standard rules across the US and canada would go over for say at least two classes maybe three? Other clubs out there have motor/tire limits for their tracks which is fine for them but something realistic for large gatherings. We don't have a sanctioning body for F1 (and don't really need one) but a gathering of minds might be the ticket.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Horsham rules are.
Silvercan
"f1" tire (we all run foam) must be mounted on a commercially available "f1" rim.
"f1" front suspension (103 104 109 newer hpi)
2s open esc.
Been working good so far. Some of the superstars have been putting a few laps on the bulk of the pack but that's going to happen no matter what.
Good driving is good driving.
The rest of the pack is usually within a few tenths of each other.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mxrich
"Formula 1 @ Horsham. HELL YEAH!!!!!"

And everywhere else where real racecars are at!

Do you guys think that standard rules across the US and canada would go over for say at least two classes maybe three? Other clubs out there have motor/tire limits for their tracks which is fine for them but something realistic for large gatherings. We don't have a sanctioning body for F1 (and don't really need one) but a gathering of minds might be the ticket.
Agreed.

If F1 was to start showing up at big events I personally think the class would blow up. These cars can be really quick in the right hands. At Horsham they're a few guys that are on the same pace as 17.5 boosted Rubber TC with Silver Can Foam F1.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Agreed.

If F1 was to start showing up at big events I personally think the class would blow up. These cars can be really quick in the right hands. At Horsham they're a few guys that are on the same pace as 17.5 boosted Rubber TC with Silver Can Foam F1.
+1 and it's way more interesting than WGT
Old 01-21-2011, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

This race is a GREAT idea. It's about time F1 started to get some racing innovation going, and move away from being a novelty class.
We run WGT on steroids (2 cell, open esc, 13.5) and F1 won't touch it how they are now. Would be great to see if the chassis could one day handle on the same level.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.