Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by narcotiks
I ended up getting the SRG BL, I was after the SRG BLS but there was none in stock at the time I was ordering, they both have similar specs just the BLS is a bit faster.
Thanks, I'm looking to replace my Savox 1258TG with Sanwa SRG-CS or SRG-CT. I'm running the MT-4 and its rx, so trying to stay with same brand might help? Also looking to move to LRP or NOSTRAM, where they claim 6V BEC

I'm just not happy with running glitch buster or adding an external BEC. Cheers,
Old 07-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onekiwi
What radios are you all using? There may be something with the radios and not just the servo. I I've been using the savöx low profile servo and spektrum system for a long while now without problems.
Using a KO Radio and here. I just got a brand new ESC back from LRP and it was indeed a blown BEC. I'll have to see how long this one lasts. Great customer service so far.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Doesn,t the new lrp flow esc look good!
Old 07-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

not much difference from the previous one.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Looking for some help and couldn't find the specifics in previous posts. I am getting ready to use this ESC with a Thunder Power Z3R 17.5. what are some good starting points when looking at small asphalt tracks? My son currently runs a Hobywing Xerun 60A and a Tekin 17.5 with an FDR of 3.53 (39/69) and temps ~150f (no fan) after a 7 min run. Used to relying on a laptop so the configuration on the LRP is new to me. We run the blinky - non-boosted class. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I hate to say it guys but im leaving LRP.... im tired of the esc dying on me... this will be the second time and its frustrating that my $68 esc performs better then my $220 esc!!! It just stopped working on me in the middle of qualifier on a track made for short course and 10 scale.... i am truly disappointed in the product! Just being truthful!!
Old 08-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

How can I tell if the BEC is Kaputtski on the SXX TC?
Old 08-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

How can I tell if the BEC is Kaputtski?
Your receiver won't turn on, or it turns off when you're at full throttle.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

How can I tell if the BEC is Kaputtski on the SXX TC?
The ESC says "LRP" on the top. J/K

but seriously:
What defcone says is right. If it is failing, a way to test the BEC it is to plug a receiver pack into the battery port on the receiver and test again. If it works with the receiver pack and not without it then the BEC is bad.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RussF
The ESC says "LRP" on the top. J/K

but seriously:
What defcone says is right. If it is failing, a way to test the BEC it is to plug a receiver pack into the battery port on the receiver and test again. If it works with the receiver pack and not without it then the BEC is bad.
What am I testing? That the servo works etc? Esc turns on?
Mines working and Im using it atm and it seems to me there is no problem, but I heard that it could be bust.
Im thinking not as its all working
Old 08-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

If it aint broke dont fix it.

If the ESC is working and you see no problems then I would say its fine.

If you do have problems with it shutting off at full power or not turning on the receiver then the BEC could be bad.

If you have the above symptoms then the test with the receiver pack would tell you if its the BEC that is the problem.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nice thanks
No one really likes the LRP stuff where I race and they keep trashing it, I was getting a little worried. One of the guys blew a sale of one of mine cos he started saying that there a lot of problems with them.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Nice thanks
No one really likes the LRP stuff where I race and they keep trashing it, I was getting a little worried. One of the guys blew a sale of one of mine cos he started saying that there a lot of problems with them.
Just saw where you're from, just give it to a sheep if it won't eat it then it's bad
Old 08-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

Nice thanks
Aside from the initial failure and extra long replacement time to get a new one I have really liked my Stock Spec ESC as far as performance.

The LRP is my first brushless ESC for 1/10 car and I like the way it works. I was just bummed that it stopped the first time I ran it.

I bought a replacement to hold me over when mine initially failed. I think the guy I bought it from had already had it replaced by LRP.

So far both are working nicely (knock on wood). I would'nt listen to your buddies when clearly yours is working fine. Go out there and woop up on em on the race track!!
Old 08-21-2012, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So I'm assuming my BEC is blown on my stock spec V2 when plug in to my receiver it won't power up but when i unplug it was fine..Can I just bypass it and just hook and a receiver pack to power up my servo... I was thinking if I can getaway with the receiver pack might as well just use on my 1/12 scale any thought?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.