who holds the speed record?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

who holds the speed record?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 07:54 PM
ajg

There would be more air under a 1/10. A micro has a lower ride hieght too. And my wing is huge, not suposed to be used for speed runs, but I haven't got around to making a new one.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

tyhere is also more surface area. meaning more downforce.. so a micro wil have less surface for downforce...

how high is your chassis of the ground??? ill tellu if it is lower then a pan speed car....

if your to low remeber u might want to raise it.. every little rock or bump u hit is going to upset the car bad..

10th scale or 1/18th scale stuill forces through the same air.. it just moves and usses more or less of it..
Old 08-19-2004, 07:59 PM
ajg

Originally posted by burbs
tyhere is also more surface area. meaning more downforce.. so a micro wil have less surface for downforce...

how high is your chassis of the ground??? ill tellu if it is lower then a pan speed car....

if your to low remeber u might want to raise it.. every little rock or bump u hit is going to upset the car bad..
2.5mm Also, it's a good thing the road is clean.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

normal race height for 10th scale pan car is .100 which is 2.5 mm.. so the height is the same...

and your telling me the whoel road doesnt have a single bup or stone...

has anyone seen my boots?????? cause the crap is getting deep..
Old 08-19-2004, 08:09 PM
ajg

Nice. If there is any pebbles, I haven't hit them.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by ajg
I just made another video of it hitting 60mph, then crashing. I'll post pics of the damage and the video later.
You wrecked the car!!!! AND took damage!!!! Thought you said the road was clean? Told you parts break at any speed. If you could drive, you wouldn't have wrecked.........

So, how did you wreck it?

Pebble?

Uneven road surface?

Radio range?

...........................had to have been something, you shouldn't have wrecked.

You still need to fire your cameraman.......or unless something else is going on here........
Old 08-19-2004, 08:38 PM
ajg

Originally posted by GundamWZero
You wrecked the car!!!! AND took damage!!!! Thought you said the road was clean? Told you parts break at any speed. If you could drive, you wouldn't have wrecked.........

So, how did you wreck it?

Pebble?

Uneven road surface?

Radio range?

...........................had to have been something, you shouldn't have wrecked.

You still need to fire your cameraman.......or unless something else is going on here........
Yep, tons of damage. You can see the pics a few posts back. It glitched and swerved off the road at 60mph.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:39 PM
ajg

Here's the link again: http://www.one18th.com/showtoy.php?id=3078

You can see all the damage in the first pic.

Video: http://www.one18th.com/showtoy.php?id=3076 or http://www.one18th.com/showtoy.php?id=3077
Which ever one works.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ajg
I'm using the vsm till I hit higher speeds, then I'll get a radar gun. The vsm is about 2mph off while radar is 1+mph off. So for now it is accurate. But probably not for the higher speeds. The test for the vsm was done by xtreme rc mag.
considering your VSM is mounted to your axle, it's going to be off by more than 2mph. If you get a tire slip and you spin for a while, it'll read what ever the axle speed is.

I sugges you go and get a speed gun, (best place to borrow one, call around to local little league baseball teams, some have speed guns for pitchers) then measure TRUE speed. I'm guessing you're off by about 20mph right now.

Then again, sounds like you bashed the car up. Perhaps some driving lessons before trying again?
Old 08-19-2004, 09:01 PM
ajg

Yeah, when it glitches once your just a horrible driver. Also, I can tell when I get tire spin, and I stop that run and try again. Your guess is about 20mph off, so stop guessing, because I have proof for that run(and the most of the other runs).
Old 08-19-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

this guy has an answer for everything we call him on... thats why u know he is lying... he is always right.. and everytime we come up with a FACT that he isnt doing, he says oh i do that.. with your power to weight ratio, u will have tire spin on every run...

every time u hit a bump and the rear end jumps it free spins.. that also will change the speed... but u prolly can see the rear lift when it is going suposedly 60mph and u stop and run it over right???? i guess we can just answer our own questions... from now on. cause we know your answers..
Old 08-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Hey I was looking at your sig again, AJG. I see that your truck carries the same electronics as your car. Do you or did you move the electronics from the truck to the car?
Old 08-19-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ajg
Yeah, when it glitches once your just a horrible driver. Also, I can tell when I get tire spin, and I stop that run and try again. Your guess is about 20mph off, so stop guessing, because I have proof for that run(and the most of the other runs).
ajg, you're still missing the point. PROOF as you put it is what? what your VSM tells you? We're ALL GUESSING your speed, since you have no SOLID proof of your speed run! and your method of measuring speed is not full-proof. I think you would shut ALL of us up, if you can get

A. camera on tri-pod
B. Speed gun measuring your car
C. Speed gun's meter viewable from video captured from item A.

And how do you know when you get a tire spin at say 200ft away? your micro looks like blurry dot at that distance? Or are you driving with binoculars? Or does your radio have some sort of traction feed back feature, like a real car's gas pedal?

Take a hint from Cliff Lett's speed run car. He mounted his receiver on the front bumper of his car. Getting his radio equiptment FAR away from his electronics. With rat's nest of wiring in your car, I'm surprised your AM radio doesn't glitch even more than it did.

Like you said, you spent $1100 on this project, you figure a GOOD radio would be high on that list.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Somebody needs to bring Cliff in here...............I know he is an Associated man and all but maybe he can give AJG some pointers......or the other way around!!!!!!!

had to slide that one in there...............
Old 08-19-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: who holds the speed record?

Originally posted by dracy69
What holds the speed record, nitro or electric?
To answer your question:

It's Cliff Lett: 111 mph...........
For TCs, again Cliff Lett: 98.4 mph.........

Took a while for it huh?

.............now back to The Eternal Flame, starring AJG............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.