Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

R/C Motorcycles!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

You know actually with the small bikes more weight is a good thing! Especially with the Speed 300 and Mamba brushless, because the bike is more stable and less prone to tires slipping out.

When they raced the Kyoshos in England they had a motor limit of 280-size, so everyone used molded lexan bodies (each one homemade). In the case of those smaller output motors the lighter bikes win.

But like I said with the bigger motors the lighter cowling doesn't help you.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys,

just been looking around some r/c motorbike sites and they look like great fun.

I was just wondering how much it would cost to get up and running. I was looking more at the thunder tigre one (the kyosho looks a bit toyish..no offense to owners )

I have radio gear, a very small esc (quantum sized), motors (can these bikes take 540s?), servos (do these take regular sized servos?)

Selling price for the TT is £200 over here in the UK so I would obviously order from overseas.

Thanks
Matt
Old 08-31-2004, 04:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by raving-monkey
Hi guys,

just been looking around some r/c motorbike sites and they look like great fun.

I was just wondering how much it would cost to get up and running. I was looking more at the thunder tigre one (the kyosho looks a bit toyish..no offense to owners )

I have radio gear, a very small esc (quantum sized), motors (can these bikes take 540s?), servos (do these take regular sized servos?)

Selling price for the TT is £200 over here in the UK so I would obviously order from overseas.

Thanks
Matt
Matt,

The 1/5 bikes all use standard Rx.'s, servos and ESC/540 motors. With a good motor/esc they will fly! Only additional expense initially with the TT would probably be aftermarket tires, as the stockers leave a bit to be desired, grip-wise. But it won't take long for you to get caught up in aftermarket hell and want to hop it up. Hop-up's of every kind for the 1/5s are at www.crazynutracing.com.

There's actually a very active r/c bike community in the UK, so you should be able to find folks to race with over there. Once you get a bike, all the other r/c stuff you have will be gathering dust on the shelf!

STeve B in NC
Old 08-31-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

ive been on teambenwell's site and got a bit of infomation.

but i was wondering if there was anyway that i could get them US, or HK etc...as i believe the UK is overpriced (i mean £200 just for the bike chassis).

also, can i use my current saddle packs from the touring car, or would i have to buy a stickpack or something.

which is better, the thundertigre or the nuova faor (sp) one?

sorry for all the Q's but these look like great fun
Old 08-31-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

From what I've see the UK has a stronger Motorcycle following than the US does.... I'd agree that 200 pounds is overpriced, but remember what that converts to in US dollars... A FM1e in the US w/o electronics will run you $229, that's roughly 180-190 Brittish Pounds?

Benwells site is great, I've been contemplating getting their chassis but then I'd have to convert my packs so they'd fit...

The NF and TTR bikes are basically the same, I'm going to assume that build quality on the NF may be a little higher, but not by much....

You can use your 6 cell stick or side-by-side packs, although you need to trim the lexan battery holder for the latter to fit....

The batteries are held in by rubber bands, the first thing you should do is modify the tray so you can use a velcro strap... Unless you like your batteries scraping the ground...

I'm really contemplating getting a HOR myself, despite the toylike appearance... I like my TTR, but variety is good...
Old 08-31-2004, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

$230 is like £135 or something...

the HOR are considerably cheaper but i would like to see some chassis shots before i went out and buyn one.

so does anyone know where i could find some chassis shots of the HOR bikes?

Thanks
Matt
Old 08-31-2004, 07:53 AM
Suspended

Here's a very informative HOR site

http://www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Old 08-31-2004, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

thanks for the site. i think i will stick with the TT or nuova faor ones as they use standard electrics

is $230 the cheapest i can get them for (i want more money left for new tyres etc )
Old 08-31-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

This guy right here is trying to sell his bike maybe you should email him:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269965
Old 08-31-2004, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

thanks, just registered so i can email him..but i gotta wait for my activation email thingy
Old 08-31-2004, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Most of us post our motorcycle stuff over there... But if we can get more interest, that means more bikes, more hop-ups, etc.... If more people get into the bikes, more manufacturers will make parts....

Actually, there are more companies making Kyosho HOR parts than NF/TTR parts... one18th.com has a whole bunch of HOR hop-ups....
Old 09-02-2004, 05:21 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the site. i think i will stick with the TT or nuova faor ones as they use standard electrics

is $230 the cheapest i can get them for (i want more money left for new tyres etc )
The cheapest I've ever gotten a TT is from Ultimate hobbies, $219.00 USD. Don't know if they ship to the UK. You might try e-bay (US) as quite a few brand new TT's show up there, usually for about $240 USD. Crazynutracing.com listed them at one time for about the same price, and I KNOW Dave ships anywhere. Send him and e-mail to see if he can get you one. Might as well get you a set of GRP tires from him at the same time!

STeve B in NC
Old 09-02-2004, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

thanks for the info guys.

btw, does ultimate hobbies have a website?

DOH! why didn't i try it before.

www.ultimatehobbies.com ...how stupid am i
Old 09-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the info guys.

btw, does ultimate hobbies have a website?

DOH! why didn't i try it before.

www.ultimatehobbies.com ...how stupid am i
You found it! Not sure what postage to the UK would be.

STeve B in NC
Old 09-11-2004, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Just want to share this video from a friend of mine..

http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/...c/mov01320.mpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.