Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why so many "ancient" threads?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default Why so many "ancient" threads?

Why don't you guys just post specific questions about specific things, this way when people are searching they don't have to sift through thousands of replies to read "my battery dies when I short out the leads."

I have never been on a forum like this where one thread ie. "TC3 Discussion" has lived for 2 years. It doesn't make sense. If you have a subject to discuss, such as "TC3 suspension setup" then it makes more sense.

I know there is a search function, and I have used it. But posting a suspension question in "TC3 discussion" will yield one response and the question gets buried in the other BS, don't you think?

Just wondering why this forum is run this way. Most forums I attend have very specific titles and the threads die after 120 posts. The innane rambling is kept to a minimum to conserve bandwidth.

Then again, I'm new here, party on!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

blah blah blah
Old 07-30-2004, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

whoa
Old 07-30-2004, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

cause id rather go to one thread and ask my question than looking for spefic threads
and it is the way it has been
Old 07-30-2004, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I like how it is run with the larger threads. On other forums, I have noticed a lot of useless threads that could have been easily answered in a vehicle thread, which would in turn make it easier to sort thru stuff. If you think about it, there is so much activity here, that if every person created a new thread for a specific thing, there would be hundreds of threads made each day.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

ditto!
Old 07-30-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Why so many "ancient" threads?

Originally posted by donoman
Why don't you guys just post specific questions about specific things, this way when people are searching they don't have to sift through thousands of replies to read "my battery dies when I short out the leads."

I have never been on a forum like this where one thread ie. "TC3 Discussion" has lived for 2 years. It doesn't make sense. If you have a subject to discuss, such as "TC3 suspension setup" then it makes more sense.

I know there is a search function, and I have used it. But posting a suspension question in "TC3 discussion" will yield one response and the question gets buried in the other BS, don't you think?

Just wondering why this forum is run this way. Most forums I attend have very specific titles and the threads die after 120 posts. The innane rambling is kept to a minimum to conserve bandwidth.

Then again, I'm new here, party on!!!
I agree w/ you, from now on go to http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...play.php?f=216 this is where guys like you party.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Why so many "ancient" threads?

Originally posted by Kenshin
I agree w/ you, from now on go to http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...play.php?f=216 this is where guys like you party.
OK. I've been there and come back...quick...
Old 07-30-2004, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

There is a ton of very useful information on these so called huge threads. I have gone back many pages to re-read a few of them that I remember seeing info talked about that I needed right then and there. If you ask a question it is usually answered that same day so if you check back later on that day you'll find your answer. If you only visit the site once a week then that's where the searching comes in. Also...no other message board (that I know of) has as many factory driver's on it always helping out. Did your question not get answered on the thread that you asked it on?

Last edited by STLNLST; 07-30-2004 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

By far, this forum is where i learned the most and So many helpful guys answering the question, I rarely use search function here.
If you got question, it is answer in about an hour. If you have any question, just ASK
Old 07-30-2004, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Don't get me wrong, this website is the best RC website out there.

I guess I'm used to auto and motorcycle forums where the questions are more general. "How does a steering damper work" etc.

For example, there is a Fukuyama batteries thread. In order to find out that there was a special sale going on this past week, you'd have to read all the pages. Instead, someone from Fukuyama could have posted a new thread that said "Special Promotion on Fukuyama batteries this week only" so that more people would see it.

Don't give me the "love it or leave it." I'm just asking a question.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by STLNLST
There is a ton of very useful information on these so called huge threads. I have gone back many pages to re-read a few of them that I remember seeing info talked about that I needed right then and there. If you ask a question it is usually answered that same day so if you check back later on that day you'll find your answer. If you only visit the site once a week then that's where the searching comes in. Also...no other message board (that I know of) has as many factory driver's on it always helping out. Did your question not get answered on the thread that you asked it on?
Well said
Old 07-31-2004, 12:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

no one will blame you to ask a question for the 2nd or the 100th time on those "huge" vehicule threads
Old 07-31-2004, 01:11 AM
R/C Tech Founder

No one should be ripping on you or directing you to another website for posting this. To those who did, stop. I hate the idea that this place is becoming unfriendly to new users who don't get something. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that post counts do not at all equate to knowledge.

As far as the big threads go, the site is actually not "run" like that at all. Those threads have just happened that way. You are free to post questions in other threads, and in 99% of the cases, you will get a good answer.

If you are looking for specific info, try the search function. Make sure to cehck the "Show Results as Posts" radio button so you can search within the big threads.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:12 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by donoman
For example, there is a Fukuyama batteries thread. In order to find out that there was a special sale going on this past week, you'd have to read all the pages. Instead, someone from Fukuyama could have posted a new thread that said "Special Promotion on Fukuyama batteries this week only" so that more people would see it.
I should add that this kind of behavior is prohibited to prevent the forums from just becoming an advertising arena. We allow advertisers to have a single thread, but that's it. They can also pay for a Commercial Forum (scroll down on the main page) in which they could then have as many threads as they wanted to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.