Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

Chris, you will be able to get that thing up to speed in no time
-Buddy
Old 09-07-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Cookie,

Will you be making the same set-up sheet (Excell) for the RDX!!!
please....
So we can fill this baby out in the computer....

Thanks,
Pizza
Old 09-07-2004, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Old 09-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Company Representative

seaball.... October is a packed month this year. We have some drivers going to the Nitro Touring Worlds in Brazil, there is the Hobby Show in Chicago, then the Electric Worlds here in Florida. We would like to attend to get ready for Cleveland but we think we are pretty locked up right now.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:43 AM
Company Representative

RDX and Assassin blank setup sheets are available for printing in PDF format.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by CorallyUSA
seaball.... October is a packed month this year. We have some drivers going to the Nitro Touring Worlds in Brazil, there is the Hobby Show in Chicago, then the Electric Worlds here in Florida. We would like to attend to get ready for Cleveland but we think we are pretty locked up right now.
YOu can always send a couple guys to the NORCCA Carpet Nats a month later in Toledo or the warm-up week at the Gate too.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:28 AM
Company Representative

Ray... it just depends on availability of the drivers. We will almost for sure be at the Warmup for the Champs the week before.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default coupla questions

corallyusa,

1) how many different lengths of aluminum turnbuckles will come with the kit? which lengths?

2) what parts constitute a light weight differential (p/n 79174), and what will a budgetary cost be? (please post a pic if possible)

3) will the kit come with one light diff in the rear or will i have to buy two of them if i want a light double diff setup?

4) which c-hubs will come with the kit (2*,4*, or 6*)? did i read 2* will be standard?

5) what would be the appropriate assassin rear shock tower to use? 79244- low, or 79245 - std?

6) will any sway bars be included? which?

so far, i have put together a nice little spreadsheet with, what i would call, essential spares and tuning options. it totals $377 having estimated the cost for the diff. i have made some assumptions that, hopefully, will prove incorrect.
Attached Thumbnails Team Corally RDX Touring Car-what-treat.jpg  

Last edited by seaball; 09-08-2004 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

rayhuang, we should talk. i'll see you tonight.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:31 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Re: coupla questions

Originally posted by seaball
corallyusa,

1) how many different lengths of aluminum turnbuckles will come with the kit? which lengths?

2) what parts constitute a light weight differential (p/n 79174), and what will a budgetary cost be? (please post a pic if possible)

3) will the kit come with one light diff in the rear or will i have to buy two of them if i want a light double diff setup?

4) which c-hubs will come with the kit (2*,4*, or 6*)? did i read 2* will be standard?

5) what would be the appropriate assassin rear shock tower to use? 79244- low, or 79245 - std?

6) will any sway bars be included? which?

so far, i have put together a nice little spreadsheet with, what i would call, essential spares and tuning options. it totals $377 having estimated the cost for the diff. i have made some assumptions that, hopefully, will prove incorrect.
Plus you still need a car. It looks like you have a total then of around 650 plus!!!!! Ouch.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Why-did the tests come-up positive.....
rayhuang, we should talk. i'll see you tonight.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

yeah wyd,

i sorta went through this whole ordeal with the baracuda....and i can't get it to work very well. that is, simply, not an option this time around. though, i have little doubt that this car will be great at The Gate. the general design and layout appears to be very conducive to carpet "more steering please" racing. and, for the record, if i am accurate in predicting that i will have to purchase two light diffs, the total will be closer to $750 by the time shipping is accounted for.

if i pull the trigger here, i need to be very clear with what i am up against.

ray - yes, the results were positive. apparently, i AM your father.

Last edited by seaball; 09-08-2004 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:58 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

yeah wyd,

i sorta went through this whole ordeal with the baracuda....and i can't get it to work very well. that is simply not an option this time around. though, i have little doubt that this car will be great at The Gate. the general design and layout appears to be very conducive to carpet "more steering please" racing.

if i pull the trigger here, i need to be very clear with what i am up against.

ray - yes, the results were positive. apparently, i AM your father.
You sell your Cuda stuff or are you going to keep trying or keep searching for a another car?
Old 09-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

i am undecided about the alex car at the moment. although, reading my own post makes the answer almost apparent, doesn't it?

i am an r&d guy at heart. i have some projects cooked up for the alex car that i would like to see come to fruition. the trouble with that car is that it really needs to have a 4x2 layout to work effectively for carpet/foam racing. the weight limit is so low, that you can't add enough weight to balance it with the standard side-x-side configuration. i wonder if that will be an issue with the rdx, as i do not see the batteries crossing the centerline of that chassis, either. i guess it depends how underweight that car will be....

and really, with the r2, the motor side should be heavier since the torque is lifting that side durring the accelleration phase. i do know that i do not have the resources to get accomplished what is in my head. that will likely combine with the above realization and result in my posting it f/s in the near future.

we'll see. i am still seeking some clarification. all i know is that i do not want to use the tc3 this season. , but i also do not want to trade competency for individuality. seems like it's always one or the other. or maybe the answer lies deep in our pockets...
Old 09-09-2004, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Hi friends. Greetgings from Malta.

I must say I'm impressed by the amount of help offered on this thread to Corally users by the Corally USA distributors.

My son and I don't race Corally touring cars, for reasons of business politics which I won't go into here, however we have used Corally motors and cells exclusively over the last 5 years and have always had help and support from Constant in Holland. Corally motors and cells have powered the Malta Champion for 4 of the last 5 years.

I really do feel that, with the RDX Corally have hit it right, and I am confident that Chris T, Sakke and Simo will be right up there with the top guys at the Worlds.

I sincerely hope so. Constant certainly deserves no less !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.