Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by John Fontaine
If not, i'll have team tamale make me some lowered spring perches. Is anyone interested if I have them make em?
JOhn-I am using stock plastic XRay ones-so you could easily buy the non-lowered Team Tamale ones for the Xray. No special orders required.

Just FYI-the lowered Team Tamale ones wont work. They sit on the arms and bind on the shocks-not good.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ray - I have experimented with stock Xray spring perches, but the diameter of the Xray and Corally ball ends are different. The Xray spring perch on the Corally ball end is loose (Maybe could be fixed with some tape wrapped around the ball end). I was going to send Team Tamale two Corally spring perches and he was going to machine lower ones based on the Corally design, not the Xray. Let me know if people sound interested, maybe he'll stock it on his site.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

true-they dont fit snug-but after a few race days-it doesnt bother me anymore. You know kind of like the three panels of old wallpaper my wife ripped off the walls at home as a big hint its time for interior decorating. Just dont notice them anymore!!
Old 02-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Ray,

I had similar problems when using schumacher carpet dragons or T27 tires. I over came it by carefully cutting about 2mm of the end of the corally ballends. This then allows the collar to sit lower.

Andrew Payne
Old 02-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by axpayne
Ray,

I had similar problems when using schumacher carpet dragons or T27 tires. I over came it by carefully cutting about 2mm of the end of the corally ballends. This then allows the collar to sit lower.

Andrew Payne
axpayne-cool-I did that too!! Cut the ball end 2mm. But I still used the Xray spring perches. Now that my tires are all under 55mm I bet I could slap the corally spring perches back on and have no problems!!!
Old 02-16-2005, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rayhuang
axpayne-cool-I did that too!! Cut the ball end 2mm. But I still used the Xray spring perches. Now that my tires are all under 55mm I bet I could slap the corally spring perches back on and have no problems!!!
it is also a good idea to cut half the threds on the shaft off and ya cut the shock end in half and that shoud do it and there are many diff spring cup that will work, kyosho,ae,rayspeed,exray,ect.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you use the Xray spring perches use the Xray shock ends so they fit snug. They are the same length and work perfect.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

I haven't tried it, but the corally ball fits into the xray ball end without problems?? The two cars use completely different mounting hardware.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i use the xray perches on carpet, they fit rather loosely but i havent had a problem with them
Old 02-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

I'm not saying that the xray perches wont work, cause I know they do...i've done it. But it might be trick and worth the money to have team tamale make some rad alum shorten spring perches off the corally spring perch.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by John Fontaine
I haven't tried it, but the corally ball fits into the xray ball end without problems?? The two cars use completely different mounting hardware.
Yes, the ball from the Corally fits into the end of the Xray shocks. They mount right up on the Corally.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just purchased the RDX and I have a couple of questions.

1) Which way do the front bearing holders go...up or down? I know in the instruction manual that it states "Bearing hole downwards" in the rear but nothing on the front.

2) I noticed the front belt right before the front pulley is rubbing the bottom part of the chassis and I wanted to know if this should be a concern?

3) I have the entire drivetrain completed and installed and there is some serious drag on it and it does not rotate freely what-so-ever. I have taken it all apart 2 separate times and checked for everything that I could think of that would be causing the problem and did not find anything. I was wondering is the drive train supposed to be this way or not. (I have built at least 2 dozen R/C cars and I have never had a drivetrain problem this bad before)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike
Old 02-17-2005, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ah Hah, Mike got a Corally! You Know I wanted that kit. Let me know when your ready to sell it. I knew you couldn't resist.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Michal101
I just purchased the RDX and I have a couple of questions.

1) Which way do the front bearing holders go...up or down? I know in the instruction manual that it states "Bearing hole downwards" in the rear but nothing on the front.

2) I noticed the front belt right before the front pulley is rubbing the bottom part of the chassis and I wanted to know if this should be a concern?

3) I have the entire drivetrain completed and installed and there is some serious drag on it and it does not rotate freely what-so-ever. I have taken it all apart 2 separate times and checked for everything that I could think of that would be causing the problem and did not find anything. I was wondering is the drive train supposed to be this way or not. (I have built at least 2 dozen R/C cars and I have never had a drivetrain problem this bad before)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike
Bearing holders: DOWN

Hit the chassis with the Dremel to eliminate some of the belt drag.

The drive train is tight at first, but will free up once you run it..
Old 02-17-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Oh yea I've got that set up here at work, email me [email protected]

Kevin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.