Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi guys.. looking for best hobby place to order some rdx parts? I'm toronto

thanx
Old 03-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
Syndr0me,

We've been running black springs in the back of the car for quite some time: for about a year.

I run 19 or 22 lb rears with the long extensions...24 lb with the standard ones...with 33 lb fronts being the norm.

As for the lowered tower procedure...it all sounds good. I never had to ream anything once it was all done, but the spring cups should fit right on top of the ball-end like you said.
Yea, that makes sense. I've been running Cuffs' setup from the 2005 Snowbirds for about a year, and made little tweaks along the way. I decided with the lowering of the tower I'd try going back to a known setup and go from there. I don't have the long extensions, so I guess I'll stick with 26 or 24lbs in the rear as a starting point. I'm on the fence about getting the extensions since the new arms are imminent.

The softer springs in the rear will generally give you more traction at that end, right?

I'm wondering if these setups are the right idea for my situation. While we run on Ozite, the traction isn't anything like you'd see at a big race, and our club races aren't that big. Clearly I'll need to make adjustments to tune for my situation, but I'm more curious about the upgrades in general. Like, would you even want a 4mm chassis anywhere other than the highest grip situations, like big races? I'd rather not use flex as a tuning option if I don't have to, but I also don't want to screw myself out of having enough traction by making everything so stiff and flat.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Softer springs = more traction....yes and no.

It does yield more forward grip, but because of the nature of the soft-sidewall foam tires we use, the greater amount of roll the softer springs give generally leads to better rear-end rotation, especially in high grip. The greater roll makes the sidewall fold over and give less side bite. On rubber tires, softer springs will give more all around grip, forward and lateral.

As far as chassis go...a thicker/stiffer chassis will never hurt you on carpet. It allows the suspension to do all the work and the car will be more consistent.

For low grip/club racing the only things I do differently are to let the sauce sit longer on the tires (10-15 min vs <5 min at big races) and maybe turn up the dual rate on the radio to get back a little steering.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Great info, thanks for the reply.

You convinced me to get the VRC adapter... I'll let you know if I can beat 13.5 at Oslo. :-D
Old 03-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

You probably can with the adapter...I figure I can probably hit 13.2 or 13.3 with it.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

What bodies are you guys using for your RDX? Im having a problem with the Alfa Parma body. The body hits the front shock tower and will no go any lower then like 15mm or so. The back is fine, however I'm seeing sponsored drivers running the Alfa Parma body, and it looks great!

What is going on? What bodies are you guys using?
Old 03-28-2006, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LANCEisaCRACKER
What bodies are you guys using for your RDX? Im having a problem with the Alfa Parma body. The body hits the front shock tower and will no go any lower then like 15mm or so. The back is fine, however I'm seeing sponsored drivers running the Alfa Parma body, and it looks great!

What is going on? What bodies are you guys using?
Like I told you on your other thread, you have to use the lowered front shock tower in order to use the parma alpha on the RDX ....or use the G6 if you don't want to do that.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok i know you told me that, i was fustrated last night. I dont feel like cutting the shock shafts and getting a lowered shock tower. G6 was one of my options though, thanks.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:43 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've mounted a Parma Alfa on my RDX with the stock tower and it works fine. Not sure what the difference is, but I had no problems.

I've also had the lowered tower on it without cutting shock shafts or eyelets. Though these things might be preferable, they are not necessary.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

syndr0me, if you are going to be in the D.C. area this weekend try The Track in MD ( www.rctrack.com ), not too far from the Herndon area. There should be a few guys out for the club race. Hope you can make it out....
Old 03-28-2006, 05:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1shnot
hi guys.. looking for best hobby place to order some rdx parts? I'm toronto

thanx
AB Charles and sons. You can click on my link below.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JKA
I've mounted a Parma Alfa on my RDX with the stock tower and it works fine. Not sure what the difference is, but I had no problems.

I've also had the lowered tower on it without cutting shock shafts or eyelets. Though these things might be preferable, they are not necessary.

me either. its bugging me, because i really like the body, however i can not use it. even though this hobby is expensive, the rdx is beginning to become a money pit, the car itself.

im very fustrated right now. everyoe can mount it. everything was mounted right, straight, the front end of the body will just not go low enough without the ability to hit the shock towers.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

JKA, if you have the lowered tower on without cutting the shafts or eyelets your front ride height must be really high and the piston is now much higher in the shock body at ride height, which can cause it to hit the bladder in compression.

The Parma Alfa works best on the RDX for Carpet/Foam.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:47 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
JKA, if you have the lowered tower on without cutting the shafts or eyelets your front ride height must be really high and the piston is now much higher in the shock body at ride height, which can cause it to hit the bladder in compression.
4.5mm ride height with 56mm foams. I'm sure the piston was high in the shock body, though. For what it was worth it was a modded front tower to make it lower. Maybe thats the difference.

Anyway, I'm running the regular tower now, and have my Alfa mounted fine. Not sure what the problem is for cracker.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I never had a problem with the Alfa with stock tower. Usually ran my foams betwen 58.5 and 57 with low roll blocks and 4.5 ride height. I cut the body out on the "legal" lines. I never really checked it for "Roar legal" height though but it never laid on the tower and the body was just above the carpet when the suspension was bottomed out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.