Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

dang... missed the memo again!!!!

the setup on my car is pretty much like that one now, with the exception of im still at the 40wt rear oil.

i had been running a copper front bar and 36lb front springs, maily to combat the extra front bite i get out of the GQ tires i have been running.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Stockton setup

The Brian Lutz setup posted on the CorallyUSA website is pretty close to what I see at Stockton on many cars.

Today, we got our first chance to use the ROAR tech box that measures all the dimensions of 1/10th scale TCs. It works great...depending on your perspective.

Example tech issue: With a 1 degree spacer on each side in the back of the rear roll blocks to create toe-in, I could not get my car under 190mm width. Had to use narrow hexes to make it legal. Will likely switch to optional narrow rear hubs if they become available before the Nats.

I don't expect that the 4.0mm chassis will be necessary for Stockton. X-long rear mount shock extensions sound like a good bet.

Welcome to California!
Old 03-06-2006, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
The Brian Lutz setup posted on the CorallyUSA website is pretty close to what I see at Stockton on many cars.

Today, we got our first chance to use the ROAR tech box that measures all the dimensions of 1/10th scale TCs. It works great...depending on your perspective.

Example tech issue: With a 1 degree spacer on each side in the back of the rear roll blocks to create toe-in, I could not get my car under 190mm width. Had to use narrow hexes to make it legal. Will likely switch to optional narrow rear hubs if they become available before the Nats.

I don't expect that the 4.0mm chassis will be necessary for Stockton. X-long rear mount shock extensions sound like a good bet.

Welcome to California!
Yep I had to use narrow hexes in the rear adn up front as well (running 2 spacer chingaderas up front) to get mine to roll in and out of the texh box.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys, I just spoke with Jeff at Corally USA and ordered the New Motor Mount Bulkhead that moves the motor closer to the centerline of the car (they have only 1 left for those that are interested).

It looks like Corally is working on a price to allow those of us with the 4mm chassiss to send it in and get it recut to accept the new motor mount. Corally would like the chassis sent in in batches though so they can do a bunch of them at once rather than one at a time. This would most likely keep down the cost for the service as well.

I'm sure Jeff will be posting on this soon. But for all those that would be interested in sending your chassis in to be recut, post it here or PM me. I would have no problem keeping a list for Corally of who would be interested. We can even agree on a date to send them in (I want mine done ASAP )

By the way, you will also be able to buy a new 4mm chassis with this modification but I beleive they are still several weeks off!

Thanks!!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I bet $10 that Javier bought it already! LMAO!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

So, even using the IB4200's etc you think there's a need to get the motor further inboard ??

I've got mine balancing on pin's now, i bet it's not more than 1 or 2deg's off level !! (motor side high, so obviously the heavy side) guess moving the motor in might correct this alittle.

But i'm not sure it's NEEDED ?? please put me right guys my RDX just dosen't have enough hop-ups on her.Just going to well as she is
Old 03-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Merciless, do you have a good carpet with rubber setup using a one-way? Where in your opinion is the best shop online in the UK to buy Corally spares from Going to run one as my outdoor car this season i think, but give it a trial by fire and see how well it does indoors, can compare it to my previous xray 05 and my current T2.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Default black springs

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
well, i took my rdx on its first outing, and without knowing exact setup, i can say i am impressed - other than the fact i had a 6.5mm front ride height i was too scared to take down the shafts too much.

i am going to talk to larry of team tamale, to see if he can make a lowered shock collar - he makes them for the xray, but the eyelets are just a little bigger on the xray

i am waiting on the black spring set and the aluminum steering blocks are on back order (does anyone know where i can get them?), i bought the lowered shock tower, and have so beefed up arms on order too.

all i can say is wow, my first time out with a dayger/mcgreevy combo setup it felt pretty good....not great, but i didn't expect it too - especially with my ride height being jacked....

all this to say...i am a happy corally convert.....

I happen to have several black spring sets in stock now...can be contacted at 412-561-1615

Jim
Old 03-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Bill.......just cut down the wheels on the outside
Old 03-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by berger
Merciless, do you have a good carpet with rubber setup using a one-way? Where in your opinion is the best shop online in the UK to buy Corally spares from Going to run one as my outdoor car this season i think, but give it a trial by fire and see how well it does indoors, can compare it to my previous xray 05 and my current T2.
Humm sorry haven't used the one-way as i'm a firm believer in a front diff on carpet.I would think the Steve lissamore DMS, with a one-way would be safe possibly going to a 19 front spring ....... microtechracing.com are a great place for the parts in the UK although the new arms , news rear shock mounts and bulkheads don't appear to have made it over the water

Just got my hands on a friends T2 for the first time today to have a look at and must say it looks nice, not nice enough to move me away from the RDX yet though
Old 03-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrrc

Bill.......just cut down the wheels on the outside
LOL ...yea Bill, you're real experienced at cutting wheels down now
Old 03-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

cut the shock shafts, now running the Daygar Novak setup, but with stiffer rear springs...wow, great car...so smooth...

Didnt seem to rotate much, if I add more rear toe, that should help, correct?

Broke an arm, but I deserved it
Old 03-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BritRacer
cut the shock shafts, now running the Daygar Novak setup, but with stiffer rear springs...wow, great car...so smooth...

Didnt seem to rotate much, if I add more rear toe, that should help, correct?

Broke an arm, but I deserved it
No, adding rear toe will increase rear traction causing the car to push more/rotate less!
Old 03-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Old 03-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Company Representative

RDX SUSPENSION ARMS

They are not available yet. We will post when they are so please be patient. We do not have an arrival date yet.

SP12X RELEASE DATE

Car has been pushed back about 30 days. There are few things they wanted to implement before the release. No official release date due to this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.