Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
need help on purchasing a new on-road car... >

need help on purchasing a new on-road car...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need help on purchasing a new on-road car...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 01:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default need help on purchasing a new on-road car...

Hi I'm new to this forum and I need some help on purchasing a new on road car there's soo much out there to choose from and I was looking at these choices the tc4 or any of the tc's or a hpi sprint those r the ones I have ny eyes on my budget is around 200 to 250 around there please help me find a decent rtr car, my friend got me into rc cars and they both have the hpi sprint to sport and the other is hpi sprint to drift dunno should I follow them and get one too r go with something better? I played with theirs and its pretty fun so please help me make my decision. Also not really onto racing in big leagues r anything just on street and places to mess around in open areas. And something durable too please help. Sorry if this topic is not in the right section and I'm a little familiar with some rc parts because I did soo much research on these rc cars please help me and thank you in advance!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I think you're on the right track with the TC4. It's a good chassis that any driver can use for a number of uses whether it's racing or just playing around in the streets.
It's an older design so it's got all the important adjustments needed without all the advanced features of newer chassis.
It's pretty easy to get parts for. Most Associated products are supported by local hobby shops.
It's as tough as any other chassis and more than some. The "tub" chassis is probably better for your needs rather than a carbon fiber plate chassis.
Bottom line....with your budget there's a lot of cars you could buy either new or used. Some really high performance stuff can be bought used for $200, BUT...you don't really need that for what you want to do.
Even if you change your mind about racing later....the TC4 would be a great starting point.
Hope that helps. Good Luck and HAVE FUN.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:12 AM
Tech Rookie

thanx a lot evoracer that really helped a lot i think imma just go with the tc4 then and swapping out stuff, is it a pain in the ass? like if i wanted to go faster and go with a lower turn motor do i have to change out the esc too? r will it be capable of using a lower turn motor? and also can i use a lipo battery with it without harming the motor that comes with it? a lot of people told me something about the currency r something i forgot and the motor gets really hot when using a lip just wanted to get cleared on that. Thanx a lot for the information again! just new to this hobby and wanted to choose a right car that i can mess around with a do upgrades and maybe later race on the track also. oh yea and how much would it cost to upgrade the transmitter and remote to a 2.4, so i wont interfere with anyone racing on a track?