Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Christmas Help, need your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Christmas Help, need your opinion?

Okay, so my oval car arrived (found one used online $100), in a little rougher shape than I thought. Headed down to hobbytown to pick up some extra stuff with the giftcards I got from my dad, and wife. Here's where I need your help. As I finished my transaction I said, "good thing Hobbytown doesnt have the TC5, or Id of gotten that". dude say's "we can order it"......Crap!

SO....Im stuck, I really want a Touring Car......really liked Oval (tried it couple weeks ago). Went Oval, cause it was a little more affordable....now Ive got a little christmas help.

What would you do, stick with the original plan....and go Oval?

Jump in the mix and get the touring car?

Most of my purchase was for the Oval, another reciever, batteries, wire, connectors, battery bars. (small local racers, brushed stuff is still competetive)

Picked up a backup Servo, another lipo, tools, stuff I needed as backups for the SC truck.

What would you do
Old 12-30-2010, 01:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hnasdad
Okay, so my oval car arrived (found one used online $100), in a little rougher shape than I thought. Headed down to hobbytown to pick up some extra stuff with the giftcards I got from my dad, and wife. Here's where I need your help. As I finished my transaction I said, "good thing Hobbytown doesnt have the TC5, or Id of gotten that". dude say's "we can order it"......Crap!

SO....Im stuck, I really want a Touring Car......really liked Oval (tried it couple weeks ago). Went Oval, cause it was a little more affordable....now Ive got a little christmas help.

What would you do, stick with the original plan....and go Oval?

Jump in the mix and get the touring car?

Most of my purchase was for the Oval, another reciever, batteries, wire, connectors, battery bars. (small local racers, brushed stuff is still competetive)

Picked up a backup Servo, another lipo, tools, stuff I needed as backups for the SC truck.

What would you do
Go with your first instincts? (Might be cheaper too than buying a new car)

Check out what kind of scene there is for both classes and if one is more supported than the other that might hinge your decision.

good luck
Old 12-30-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

How many times are you gonna post the SAME question in different threads? If you want someone to see your old thread, respond to it yourself with "Any more" or something like that to get it back on the front page. Poor form to have multiple threads with the same question.

Even the first post here mirrored pretty much what we all said on the first thread. Oh, and what we all said on your TC5 thread.

Not trying to bust your balls or be the internet police, but it's been asked and answered. What are the guys at YOUR track telling you?

Click here for the original thread

Last edited by Buckaroo; 12-30-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default My Bad

I know ive been all over these threads, I accidentaly posted this one twice. My computer spazzzed out and it posted twice. I couldnt figure out how to delete it. Anyway, My poor forum ettiqute has been acknowleged. Ill try to keep it clean.

Can I have your Badge #. Id like to report you for Forum Police Harrasment.

I went ahead and dropped everything in the Oval car. After everyone's input, Im gonna wait and get the TC6 when budget allow's.