Hara's mysterious battery charging aid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hara's mysterious battery charging aid

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 01:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

504/1.205 batteries???? Where can I get/buy those?! For sure they have never been seen in the building here!

Another piece in the puzzle that does not fit...

Oscar
Old 07-28-2004, 01:25 AM
Tech Addict

Maybe you can tell us what he numbers of Hara's cells are... For sure a top driver like him will have the very best cells...
Old 07-28-2004, 02:37 AM
Tech Regular

And why the numbers are labeled over with blank labels at big races?
Old 07-28-2004, 03:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Holmenkollen
And why the numbers are labeled over with blank labels at big races?
To keep ppl like you from seeing them, of course :-p
Old 07-28-2004, 03:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Oscar Jansen
504/1.205 batteries???? Where can I get/buy those?! For sure they have never been seen in the building here!

Another piece in the puzzle that does not fit...

Oscar
Oscar, at the LRP earlier this year, I looked at Hara's cells, which had marker pen over all the figures, but I could see 1.200v for sure, I don't remember seeing 1.205v but maybe he had those too.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sure, Hara has good batteries....as well has Barry, Matt, Ryan or Brian. Not one of the top teams sends their drives in the Final with inferiour batteries.

Maybe we hide the numbers or change the labels so our competitors can not see what we are using, maybe they are doing the same.
Maybe we change with the values so they have the idea its the batteries why we win and not the motor.
Maybe the competition changes the values so they can say how good are their motors with those bad batteries?
Maybe Hara/HPI car has a hidden traction controll, that is why he accelerates that fast??
Maybe the wires to the motors are of a new kind super low resistance copper material???

Or, maybe it is the motor......just a small note to think about: Since the V2 is in use by the Team Orion/Peak drivers everybody only talks about the speed our drivers have, at every race they attend.

And, of course, with the volume of cells we are doing, with only 9 sponsored A drivers its no problem to have many good packs. If you believe or not, I know what Hara used at the Nationals, and that is for sale in the shop.... He came after every run with 90 seconds left in the packs of the track.

Since we, the Team Orion/Peak drivers, had already one year time to find out how to use the increase of power and specially the driving feel, some had figured out more fast what to do. Hara is a perfectionist like I have not seen before in model car racing, and all this detailed preparation makes him so incredible fast!

In regards to the numbers on the batteries, it just does not matter....you have to be able to use what you get.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

All I want is the website for TN Racing.
I could care a Rat A$$ about hara's batteries because he will put all of us 5 laps down with 389 sec batteries and 1.14's
Now please Tn's web adress would be nice.
Wether the box/plate what ever the mysterious thing majigger is fo 30.00 dollars I'll try it. I have spent money on stupider things!
girls in thongs dont count!
Old 07-29-2004, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by speedxl

girls in thongs dont count! [/B]
But they sure are FUN
Old 07-29-2004, 12:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Oscar Jansen
Sure, Hara has good batteries....as well has Barry, Matt, Ryan or Brian. Not one of the top teams sends their drives in the Final with inferiour batteries.

Maybe we hide the numbers or change the labels so our competitors can not see what we are using, maybe they are doing the same.
Maybe we change with the values so they have the idea its the batteries why we win and not the motor.
Maybe the competition changes the values so they can say how good are their motors with those bad batteries?
Maybe Hara/HPI car has a hidden traction controll, that is why he accelerates that fast??
Maybe the wires to the motors are of a new kind super low resistance copper material???

Or, maybe it is the motor......just a small note to think about: Since the V2 is in use by the Team Orion/Peak drivers everybody only talks about the speed our drivers have, at every race they attend.

And, of course, with the volume of cells we are doing, with only 9 sponsored A drivers its no problem to have many good packs. If you believe or not, I know what Hara used at the Nationals, and that is for sale in the shop.... He came after every run with 90 seconds left in the packs of the track.

Since we, the Team Orion/Peak drivers, had already one year time to find out how to use the increase of power and specially the driving feel, some had figured out more fast what to do. Hara is a perfectionist like I have not seen before in model car racing, and all this detailed preparation makes him so incredible fast!

In regards to the numbers on the batteries, it just does not matter....you have to be able to use what you get.
I agree with your last stetement. however, i saw Teemu make all the other drivers in the A look like they had stock motors at halifax on sunday, including all the V2's drivers, so maybe it's not the fact that it's a V2 but the different armature you showed me at the LRP...
Old 07-29-2004, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

Hara had EVERY angle covered that weekend.

His car did have a little more rip and top end than mine and Hohwarts cars but I contribute some of that to the shaft drive versus the belt drive. We had the same motors and batteries but if a liitle energy gets absorbed in the drive train, the car won't accellerate as quick. A shaft drive car will always out accellerate a belt drive car (in my opinion) and the quicker it accellerates the higher the top speed will be by the time you reach the end of the straight.

I tried the Hara Twister speedo over the weekend and was amazed how much more rip and top speed my car had with it. So that is another thing that was contributing to his accelleration and top speed.

Combine all that (Best Motor, Batteries, Speedo, Drivetrain and the fact that he drove absolutely PERFECT and probably would have won with any of the a main drivers cars) and you get a dominating performance.

Good job Hara, take it easy on us at the KO Grand Prix! lol
Old 07-29-2004, 12:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Wy not making those staramatures buyable for us???

and the batteries from the top drivers will never be buyable to us normaldrivers
that is so becouse when you match thousands of cells you will only get a little amount of packs whit high power output and this packs are needet for the top drivers

so long
Old 07-29-2004, 01:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by speedxl
All I want is the website for TN Racing.
I could care a Rat A$$ about hara's batteries because he will put all of us 5 laps down with 389 sec batteries and 1.14's
Now please Tn's web adress would be nice.
Wether the box/plate what ever the mysterious thing majigger is fo 30.00 dollars I'll try it. I have spent money on stupider things!
girls in thongs dont count!
The TN Racing site has been down for about 2-3 weeks now...not sure if it will come back up...kind of a small company over here in Japan.. but there are a few shops that have these little gizzmos in stock..that are collecting "DUST"...
-Dave
Old 07-29-2004, 01:53 AM
Tech Regular

Ok, I'm a little confused. Is the Hara Twister just a rebadged KO VFS-2000? Or is it something unique that Hara designed himself?
Old 07-29-2004, 01:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by mwcet8k
Ok, I'm a little confused. Is the Hara Twister just a rebadged KO VFS-2000? Or is it something unique that Hara designed himself?
I belive its a VFS 2000 J with a killer throttle map for 19T and above motors (really mapped for 23T`s)
-Dave
Old 07-29-2004, 02:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Mind11
Wy not making those staramatures buyable for us???

and the batteries from the top drivers will never be buyable to us normaldrivers
that is so becouse when you match thousands of cells you will only get a little amount of packs whit high power output and this packs are needet for the top drivers

so long
Because only the drivers with the lightest fingers can use them, otherwise they dump.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.