Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hara's mysterious battery charging aid

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It's 3000 yen, which is about $30 US......

I am still not sure thats the same product or not, I would email them a copy of the picture that someone posted to see if its the same device or not.....

Probably wise to see if you can find the cell phone company that makes them for that application. I would do it, but I have about 500 other things on my list of stuff to do.

Let me know the results.

Later EddieO
Old 07-24-2004, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Guys, not to go off-topic here, but....

Yes, Hara's car was ballistic, as Todd Hodge put it. (Todd you ever get my email?)

Although, Hara is one of Orion's "Top Drivers". As in, at that race, he is going to get most of the best motors and batteries. At the Reedy race, I got word from a very good source who knows Hara personally, and said Hara told him he was using some packs that were pushing 500 sec run-time, and 1.120+packs, like some of the lower AE/Reedy drivers are using 1.195, and I used at the Nats, 1.180... Just some food for thought, because as we all know batteries has a lot to do with speed and punch.

Also, at the Nats, I believe Hara was the only one in the A-mains running a Ko speedo, like me, I was the only one in 19turn running it. Now I am not saying in 19turn I had the fastest car, because I didn't, but as "Ko Staff" and I say, I did pull a lot of factory guys who were running the QC2 and the prototype Novak, and I was tuning my own motors...with out a dyno...Alot because of the Ko speedo, and the setting that Robert and I came up with...

Just my $2... , not really looking for any smack talk, just more input...
Old 07-24-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

EddieO-shouldn't you be getting a $1,000,000.00 oil change or be VIP at the Sugar shack?!!

Whast up man? Nice meeting you at the nats...you gonna make down to the Norcca nats?

Later,
Mike A
Old 07-24-2004, 09:02 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Hey Misfitz....I did my own motor without a dyno and my Quantum 2 and used Reedy 3300's batteries (402/1.174) held their own...LOL

As for the Reedy drivers with 1.195 packs....Those are the new Real-Time packs and the numbers will read differently http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...d.php?t=172021

BTW: Good job at the nats, your car looked good. Did you ever get that crazy wheel chatter out of the front end ??

P.S. I've seen a lot more crazy things make a difference in power than this, so I think this TN Racing product could help
Old 07-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by EddieO
It's 3000 yen, which is about $30 US......

I am still not sure thats the same product or not, I would email them a copy of the picture that someone posted to see if its the same device or not.....

Probably wise to see if you can find the cell phone company that makes them for that application. I would do it, but I have about 500 other things on my list of stuff to do.

Let me know the results.

Later EddieO
Eddie just wanted to thank you for the good time you showed my friends and I at the nats.
Later, Chris
Old 07-24-2004, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by TeamButter
EddieO-shouldn't you be getting a $1,000,000.00 oil change or be VIP at the Sugar shack?!!

Whast up man? Nice meeting you at the nats...you gonna make down to the Norcca nats?

Later,
Mike A
Butler HA! anyway what up kid! and get on that knee$.
later,TOSO
Old 07-24-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by EddieO
Is the High Bolt Zapp seat the same as the plate or a different product??

Later EddieO
the plate is called the high volt zap sheet so ya its the one from TN racing
Old 07-24-2004, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by PW
Hey Misfitz....I did my own motor without a dyno and my Quantum 2 and used Reedy 3300's batteries (402/1.174) held their own...LOL

As for the Reedy drivers with 1.195 packs....Those are the new Real-Time packs and the numbers will read differently http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...d.php?t=172021

BTW: Good job at the nats, your car looked good. Did you ever get that crazy wheel chatter out of the front end ??

P.S. I've seen a lot more crazy things make a difference in power than this, so I think this TN Racing product could help
Lol, paul, I know you had better cells than that... , but I did say that there were some guys faster than me, didn't I?

As for the wheel chatter, I went back to a one-way saturday morning, and it was gone, talk about a late major set-up change!

and I stand corrected about the new reedy numbers...
Old 07-24-2004, 10:18 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc_square24
the plate is called the high volt zap sheet so ya its the one from TN racing
Do you have one?
Old 07-25-2004, 02:08 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
Guys, not to go off-topic here, but....

Yes, Hara's car was ballistic, as Todd Hodge put it. (Todd you ever get my email?)

Although, Hara is one of Orion's "Top Drivers". As in, at that race, he is going to get most of the best motors and batteries. At the Reedy race, I got word from a very good source who knows Hara personally, and said Hara told him he was using some packs that were pushing 500 sec run-time, and 1.120+packs, like some of the lower AE/Reedy drivers are using 1.195, and I used at the Nats, 1.180... Just some food for thought, because as we all know batteries has a lot to do with speed and punch.

Also, at the Nats, I believe Hara was the only one in the A-mains running a Ko speedo, like me, I was the only one in 19turn running it. Now I am not saying in 19turn I had the fastest car, because I didn't, but as "Ko Staff" and I say, I did pull a lot of factory guys who were running the QC2 and the prototype Novak, and I was tuning my own motors...with out a dyno...Alot because of the Ko speedo, and the setting that Robert and I came up with...

Iīm pretty sure MisFitz= NuKe is completely right.
talking about ESCīs the QC2 isnīt a bad one but there are more punchier one for sure. I have had a lot of ESCīs so I know what Iīm talking of. I have to say I had no KO/Hara Twister here but I know of some guys switching from LRP to KO and all are saying the KO have much more punch. Beside this the newest GM SX12W will be the most punchy one in my opinion. This is from the factory specs and regarding this the SX12 is by far the lowest IR. I know from experience the GMīs specs are true real world specs and most other brands factory specs arenīt true in reality.
Ko/Twister may be something similar and maybe the new VFS-1 will be as good as the SX12.

The other thing with the batteries I also think the same as MisFitz= NuKe. I have some very good Orion packs and they really rip. These are better than most you could buy at shops but I know there is much more possible. As Hara is one of Team Orions top 3 drivers he will have the very best motors and packs Team Orion has to offer. And be sure Team Orion is matching/pushing so much batteries they will have a very good selection in the end for the Racing team. In fact I think Team Orion is the biggest matcher at the moment and they are not only doing their own packs but for other brands also.

I have to say I also donīt want any smack talk but I donīt believe in some of the hype but know of some facts.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

What was Hara and the other Orion/Peak drivers running at the nats? 7x2??
Old 07-25-2004, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

no, 10 turn limit...not sure how many wires wound together though
Old 07-25-2004, 06:16 AM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe

Sounds like smack talk to me......didn't you blow up 2 Ko speedos in the last 2 months? Hey, it's 8:15 why aren't you at the track? We'll talk about the QC2 later
Old 07-25-2004, 08:09 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Mike.....I can assure you the packs Andrew and I used in 19turn were only 402/1.174's (that was the best pack)! I didn't even have batteries for 19turn the first round and I borrowed a pack from Tosso (Thanks Chris) and it was a rip-stick, but after that I used some left over Reedy packs we had

V12...The speedo technology is so advance that any of the newer speedos can be made to be as punchy as you like (fully adjustable). You just reiterated what many are saying about Hara's car. We all know Orion has a great motor/battery combo and Hara, Hodapp and Rick probably have very similar batteries/motors, but Hara's car has a little extra something. Hara has told several close friends that this plate does seem to make a small difference and I have no reason to doubt him as I've been a friend of Hara for many years. A small example of the type of person Hara is: I have had Hara point out things on my car to make it better knowing we are in the next race together, now that’s a person that is confident in his own ability and shows no reason to mislead people.

Hara will take competitive racing in the US to the next level because of his unquestionable work ethic and dedication to his racing/job (maybe a product of Masami). Most of the professional R/C drivers in the US are very dedicated to their cars, but Hara takes it to the next level by also taken responsibility to bettering his power preparation (battery/motor/speedo settings).

Great job by Hara and I will most certainly try one of his magical charging plates and then decide if it is a gimic or for real!
Old 07-25-2004, 09:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Man I have better packs.. 1.18's,425's,and I race maybe 15 times a year.. Plus the pro4 has a very free drivetrain,shaft drive,so it should spool up very quick.Hey if the tray works or doesnt your still out only $30.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.