Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Best charger under $200 Pulsar Quasar Indi? >

Best charger under $200 Pulsar Quasar Indi?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best charger under $200 Pulsar Quasar Indi?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Tech Addict

Default Best charger under $200 Pulsar Quasar Indi?

Well I made the mistake of buying an MRC Superbrain 969. In less than 2 months it has blown a channel. Well at least I still have 1 channel to charge my lithium packs with. Anyways, I want to get a better charger. I would need to be able to charge 1-8 cells or more NICD and NIMH. A discharge function is also a must. I've been looking at the Pulsar Comp, Reedy Quasar pro ,and the Indi 16x5. I believe thes are all from reputable companies and reliability is really important. What experience has everone had with these models. Are there other models out there I should also be considering...? I'm planning on getting a seperate charger for my lithium cells, which is why I got the superbrain in the first place.
Basically I just want a good solid charger for my car and receiver packs for less than $200. The CE T35 looks good, but too much $$ for me.
Any feedback would be great! BTW I have done a search on this topic on rctech and that is where I got the 3 models mentioned above as my primary choices....for now.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Take a look at the CE pitbull, nice little charger. I have 2 of the older models and they have never falsed peaked. You can pick one up for $80 to $90 used, there 2 or 3 on the boards right now. Next pick up a 15 amp power supply, I think there is one for $50 for sale right now.

http://www.hobbytalk.com/swap/showpr...1&cat=2&page=4

http://www.hobbytalk.com/swap/showpr...1&cat=2&page=2

You could save enough to buy another charger!
Old 07-11-2004, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would be careful around the Quasar Pro. They were recalled recently so you want to make sure you get one of the new ones or one that has been fixed (ebay be careful). Other than that, I think it is a pretty descent charger. My friend has one and seems to like it. I personally use the novak Millenium pro's. I have two of them and they work good for me. $140 at tower. search for part# 4490. The other two chargers I don't have any expierence with.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All are fine chargers, but i like the pulsar the most because of it's motor run-in feature which helps to tune motors, run in lathes, ect.