Wiki Posts
Search

"Challenge Formula One"

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 08:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

"Site Bookmarked"

This should come as a useful tool being that we have a medium sized gathering of F1 guys and it seems to be growing everyday here in Tampa!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Todd,

You’ve already added some info…news…and a video. NICE! I love to see people taking the hobby to the next level. I would also like to commend you on the amount of work you're willing to take on. It's a huge commitment of time that you guys are donating to pass along and share information. Thank you for that and thank you to the peeps helping you out. Way to step up Robk!

I don’t have much to contribute, but if you guys need some help feel free to give me a shout.
Vyg
Old 10-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mxrich
Hello Gadget, I'm in 3rd now and working my way back.

I've setup my two MLP 201's for 2wd only. Should be a lot of fun. Alphacat says they work great on carpet that way so now I need to try them on asphalt. Still a tad heavy but should hookup well with the 201 A-arms.
Very cool...I've just finished converting my F109 to use the F104 front suspension and wheels and will be running it for the first time this weekend. Really hoping it works well as at our local track the F104 tires seem to be working the best.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by abailey21
"Site Bookmarked"

This should come as a useful tool being that we have a medium sized gathering of F1 guys and it seems to be growing everyday here in Tampa!
Hey abailey, Good luck to you gays in Tampa. Let us know how it goes down their. Shoot me a PM with your Track Location. I'll post it on the website.

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Very cool...I've just finished converting my F109 to use the F104 front suspension and wheels and will be running it for the first time this weekend. Really hoping it works well as at our local track the F104 tires seem to be working the best.
Nice! Let us know how it works for you.

Originally Posted by Vyger
Hey Todd,

You’ve already added some info…news…and a video. NICE! I love to see people taking the hobby to the next level. I would also like to commend you on the amount of work you're willing to take on. It's a huge commitment of time that you guys are donating to pass along and share information. Thank you for that and thank you to the peeps helping you out. Way to step up Robk!

I don’t have much to contribute, but if you guys need some help feel free to give me a shout.

Thanks Vyg, "Challenge Fomula One" is for all of us F1 dudes. You being a F1 dude!!! With out a dout...You're The Best Man For The Job!!!!

Oh yeah I've got to thank Robk aswell. Man!!! This Dude is real! Really Real!! This guy stepped up,and was willing to share info the first day we met. Robk is "Challenge Formula One". This guy wants to beat you on the track,,,Not in the Pits.

We look forward to your Valued Input,Comment,Opinion,Knowlege. 4sure!
Vyg
Thanks Vyg, "Challenge Fomula One" is for all of us "F1 Dudes".

You being a "F1 Dude"!!! You're The Best Man For The Job!!!!

Oh yeah,I've got to thank Rob aswell.

Man!!! This Dude is real! Really Real!!

He stepped up,and was willing to share info the first day we met. Robk is "Challenge Formula One"(meaning)! He wants to beat you on the track,,,Not in the Pits.

We look forward to your Valued Input,Comment's,Opinion's,Knowlege. 4sure!
Old 10-08-2010, 01:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL
Hey abailey, Good luck to you gays in Tampa. Let us know how it goes down their. Shoot me a PM with your Track Location. I'll post it on the website.
you got a PM Mr. Marshall
Old 10-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

sign me up, someone from KY loves F1.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cheehtae
sign me up, someone from KY loves F1.
Kool Beans Dude, let us know what goes on F1 race wise in KY.

Last edited by T.MARSHALL; 10-09-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Guys I have a Tamiya F104 Rubber tire car. I need help with setup. This car is a spin out king. How do I get more rear traction?
Old 10-09-2010, 08:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by TCS FAN
Hey Guys I have a Tamiya F104 Rubber tire car. I need help with setup. This car is a spin out king. How do I get more rear traction?
if your running the stock chassis (not the Exotek) I would use think diff lube on the dampener plate and 30-35wt oil in the shock with the Tamiya blue spring. Also make sure your rear pod is level at ride height
Old 10-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by abailey21
if your running the stock chassis (not the Exotek) I would use think diff lube on the dampener plate and 30-35wt oil in the shock with the Tamiya blue spring. Also make sure your rear pod is level at ride height
thank you abailey i tried all that you mentioned. Not bad. Still on the loose side but it's more predictable. I got a pm from tmarshall. good info. thank booth u's. i like it.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Rookie

wow! check out the cheat sheet on the How To's page. sweet!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default TCS 2010 F104 Winner Setup

Danny Hua's winning setup.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln..._Danny_Hua.pdf

If the link doesn't work then go the tamiyausa site and go to the TCS section.

Looks like he runs the pod dry.

Also, is tire additive legal in TCS F1 rubber racing?
Old 10-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

No tire insert info though. Even more interesting, if correct, he ran the hard option front tire and the medium kit rear tire.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default f-1 roller

were should i post if i got a f-1 target scotch indy car complete hard to find just thought someone might be able to use it if your gonna start something again with f-1
Attached Thumbnails "Challenge Formula One"-indy-1.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 10-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
No tire insert info though. Even more interesting, if correct, he ran the hard option front tire and the medium kit rear tire.
In the interview he says he is running a softer insert, but does not say which insert. What I don't get is that for TCS everything is all Tamiya hop-ups for F104, but you can use whatever insert you want? It doesn't make sense, unless Tamiya wants to you to try all types of inserts so you can buy plenty of their tires?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.