Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Challenge Formula One"

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mxrich
He drives a 104, let's snub him when he comes back to town.

Back to business, what sponsors have you guys got in mind for F1 racing?
"Drives" is the key word.
Ya'll have fun on the rug this winter.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now, has anyone had any dealings with the Cross F1? I know the car has great handling but the diff is not so reliable even though it's another 103 clone. It's not easy to set for the most part and seems to change the setting from time to time. Also, where can the front aluminum bulkhead be found since that seems to be a weak point for this car.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mxrich
Now, has anyone had any dealings with the Cross F1? I know the car has great handling but the diff is not so reliable even though it's another 103 clone. It's not easy to set for the most part and seems to change the setting from time to time. Also, where can the front aluminum bulkhead be found since that seems to be a weak point for this car.
mxrich, PM RobK he might have some info for you.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default McLaren MP4/24

Have the McLaren MP4/24 hit tracks in the USA yet?
Old 11-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCS FAN
Have the McLaren MP4/24 hit tracks in the USA yet?
I think they're going to be released in mid to late December. Tamiya is coordinating it with Santa. I already dropped him a note.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vyger
I think they're going to be released in mid to late December. Tamiya is coordinating it with Santa. I already dropped him a note.
The question is have you been naughty or nice?
Old 11-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL
The question is have you been naughty or nice?
Unless the definitions have changed, I would like to exercise my right to the 5th amendment.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally Posted by tunerjetta29
I still like bendy over breaky
i agree... i feel its much easier to just replace the arms if they bend compared to replacing the center camber plate and all the hardware with it.

if you strengthen a particular part like the arms, it just means that the shock from the crash will just transfer to the next weak part... and that means probably the camber plate, the ball joints on it, and maybe even the mounts on the lower arm...
Old 11-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen
i agree... i feel its much easier to just replace the arms if they bend compared to replacing the center camber plate and all the hardware with it.

if you strengthen a particular part like the arms, it just means that the shock from the crash will just transfer to the next weak part... and that means probably the camber plate, the ball joints on it, and maybe even the mounts on the lower arm...

Funny after posting that earlier I actually got knocked into a board in the first corner of the last race and the arm bent severely. So I grabbed the car, bent the arm straight and kept racing. Ended up 3rd. If it had been a stiffer part an broken I would have been out entirely.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally Posted by tunerjetta29
Funny after posting that earlier I actually got knocked into a board in the first corner of the last race and the arm bent severely. So I grabbed the car, bent the arm straight and kept racing. Ended up 3rd. If it had been a stiffer part an broken I would have been out entirely.
hmm... looks like Tamiya might do well to just keep the arms as it is... like you said, better to be "bendy over breaky"
Old 11-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Unless the definitions have changed, I would like to exercise my right to the 5th amendment.
Man you crack me up.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

I agree I would rather have a part bend than break in most cases...however in this case the arm bends long before a stiffer arm would break. Think of it this way...when was the last time you saw a pan car break an upper arm without breaking a lower arm? Granted pan cars have a shorter upper arm and they are more protected by the body...but the difference isn't huge. Even if it were made out of a stronger material more prone to breakage I don't think you would be seeing many break. At the very least the material needs to be less bendy.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

you have a PM sir.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

who would be interested in having a three race series next year, east,west and texas? i can host the finals here in texas on the same track that the 200mm nitro sedan worlds was held this year. it is a HUGE track and 21.5 would be like watching paint dry but we can seperate into two classes formula one and GP3. we can adapt the TQ rules and regulations or i can come up with specs if need be. so i guess my main question is how many of you are actually willing to travel. me personally i can pull it off. we can even have a can-am GTP type class too just to have something different. the "challenge" site is the best way to organize this i think since its kind of a neutral meeting point with all of us. are there any can -am type bodies that would fit on a TC chassis with some deep offset wheels out there, not a "pan" car body but an actual real car? that would be neat!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you schedule it around the same time as the US Grand Prix in 2012 you should have quite a few people in texas already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.