Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What the best esc for Zero Timing Class

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hyujmn
I run the Hobbywing v3.1 Stock Spec and don't lose anything to the more expensive ESCs (Tekins, LRP Flows, Orcas, etc). The 3.1 Stock spec is 40g I think with the fan.

Almost nobody on the on road side at my track runs Tekin any more. Everyone has moved to something else.
I wonder about the esc and which one is best but I dont have the deep pockets to try and test it myself
Old 12-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I know for a fact that a Tekin has less punch from a stand still than the black diamond and hobbywing in stock racing . not sure about the new rs gen2 spec . but the older rs&pro had softer punch from a dead stop. Also the orca spark has a even worse dead stop punch ...
Old 12-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
I know for a fact that a Tekin has less punch from a stand still than the black diamond and hobbywing in stock racing . not sure about the new rs gen2 spec . but the older rs&pro had softer punch from a dead stop. Also the orca spark has a even worse dead stop punch ...
Well what about the other orca speedos
Old 12-25-2013, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

I personally don't know. But I'm told by "the "man " it has great punch and so should the spark (I just might not have it setup correctly)
Old 12-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

I personally don't know. But I'm told by "the "man " it has great punch and so should the spark (I just might not have it setup correctly)
Hm well the guys at the track are taking off a bit faster than me for sure they beat me at the beginning of the straight and I get them at the end its like silver with 4 caps and a fan attached
Old 12-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc car guy
Hm well the guys at the track are taking off a bit faster than me for sure they beat me at the beginning of the straight and I get them at the end its like silver with 4 caps and a fan attached
You might want to consider that that your setup may need to be tweaked a bit or that the line you're driving may not be advantageous for punch. It took me a while to see that a better setup car allowed me to hit the throttle earlier. The car felt like it had more punch, but didn't. The set up allowed me to hit the throttle that fraction of a second sooner.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by big al
You might want to consider that that your setup may need to be tweaked a bit or that the line you're driving may not be advantageous for punch. It took me a while to see that a better setup car allowed me to hit the throttle earlier. The car felt like it had more punch, but didn't. The set up allowed me to hit the throttle that fraction of a second sooner.
Well I was looking for the extra .1 im am slightly faster overall than the others but I make a mistake so I was trying to find just that little extra
Old 12-25-2013, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

To me the punch at the beginning of race is the deciding factor for me about punch . I get ate up off the line but on the track during the run I don't notice any difference compared to others . even the old tekins r good after ur rolling
Old 12-25-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Rc car guy , I would guess if u have a orca it can't be set up correctly ,
Old 12-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Rc car guy , I would guess if u have a orca it can't be set up correctly ,
i have a tekin its set up correctly i believe i was thinking about getting one although
Old 12-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Orca vx1 is hands down a badd azz speedo with plenty of punch!!! Also theirs no need to purchase any boosters or receiver packs well worth the cost!!!
Old 12-25-2013, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc car guy
I wonder about the esc and which one is best but I dont have the deep pockets to try and test it myself
Don't worry about using Hobbywing stuff. They've signed some of the biggest names in RC recently, and don't forget that Atsushi Hara and Andy Moore both run Hobbywing.

Orca and Hobbywing are pretty much the ESCs to run these days. They're the easiest to set up and are just fantastic ESCs.

Btw, an ESC isn't going to find you another .1 per lap. That's all you.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Don't worry about using Hobbywing stuff. They've signed some of the biggest names in RC recently, and don't forget that Atsushi Hara and Andy Moore both run Hobbywing.

Orca and Hobbywing are pretty much the ESCs to run these days. They're the easiest to set up and are just fantastic ESCs.

Btw, an ESC isn't going to find you another .1 per lap. That's all you.
you just contradicted yourself my friend if its not better than the previous esc then why did they switch?
Old 12-25-2013, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I think you read it wrong. You were wondering about which ESC is best. and questioning Hobbywing's quality. All I said was not to worry about that aspect of it and just get one if you want it.

And no, I didn't contradict myself. An ESC isn't going to magically get you .1 secs. That's conmpletely true. I think you're way too absorbed in trying to get the best hardware that you blame the hardware for your shortcomings in races rather than your driving ability.

Also, unlike you or I, THEY get paid to race, when we have to pay to race. For them, it's income. Whoever offers more $ gets the racers. To a certain extent, however, you still need quality products, which Hobbywing DOES provide.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Tech Addict

I think you read it wrong. You were wondering about which ESC is best. and questioning Hobbywing's quality. All I said was not to worry about that aspect of it and just get one if you want it.

And no, I didn't contradict myself. An ESC isn't going to magically get you .1 secs. That's conmpletely true. I think you're way too absorbed in trying to get the best hardware that you blame the hardware for your shortcomings in races rather than your driving ability.
i was merely stating what i have done testing wise, thats all. Well either way if no esc is better than the next why not just get the cheapest one? im not the best driver ill admit that haha but i was wondering about which is the better than the next is all didnt mean for you to take it personally sorry if you took it that way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.