Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree120Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by foampervert
We aren't allowed to glue the sidewalls or tire surface... Technically, no other "anti-traction roll" techniques like thick silicon oil either (that's not preventing people from using it of coz)

I'd rather just tune it out or drive differently. I do like how fast they car is through turns... I just need it to be a tad less tippy.

I can send you the editable PDF and my setup via email. The PDF file is over 1mb and cannot be posted here. Just pm me your email address.

Alexander
Hi Alex,
sorry for not answering earlier, as promised!
From looking at your setup, there are 2 things not clear to me: light blue spring: Is this the milky blue one from TC set? Personally, I only use the black M06 set only or the comparable hardness Ta03 ones in fluorescent colours.
Did not make good experiences with M05 harder springs.
Your tire insert rear is custom made?
And your upper arm spacer is 2mm in front. This could be maybe too much for my taste. I run since 2 years 0,7mm and like it. (Did not change back to stock) And you run 6mm hex front and 4mm in rear? Could be interesting to test it the opposite way round (Porsche style). I usually run same thickness f/r on my M06. From looking closer on your traction roll, can you spot if the roll occurs more from the rear axle? I´d guess so. I agree with Raman, to try a softer spring rear and / or a harder up front.
Camber could also be an option to increase it to -1,5 - -2° in rear. Furthermore, do you have the stabilizer set? This could aslso help you!
And with all TC at the moment, even the Tamiya ones, I would rethink to use TC dampers with the higher Carbon towers on the M06, and go for shorter (mini) dampers instead with M06 lengths. And for the rear damper piston,
I only use M06R 1,3mm holes since some time.
In the end I can only guess what will maybe help you, sorry.
I never drove an Brushless in my M06, so my experience is limited on Cupmachine power output!
More torque is always more difficult to tame down!
But as your problem occurs off power, you are on the right way, I´d say!

If you test some of the tings, please let us know here!
I lack the time on M06 testing at the moment, but it´s always so much fun to get this beast going. (when it works)

Kind regards,
Matthias
Old 04-05-2016, 01:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default quirky little bastard...

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
Hi Alex,
sorry for not answering earlier, as promised!
From looking at your setup, there are 2 things not clear to me: light blue spring: Is this the milky blue one from TC set? Personally, I only use the black M06 set only or the comparable hardness Ta03 ones in fluorescent colours.
Did not make good experiences with M05 harder springs.
Your tire insert rear is custom made?
And your upper arm spacer is 2mm in front. This could be maybe too much for my taste. I run since 2 years 0,7mm and like it. (Did not change back to stock) And you run 6mm hex front and 4mm in rear? Could be interesting to test it the opposite way round (Porsche style). I usually run same thickness f/r on my M06. From looking closer on your traction roll, can you spot if the roll occurs more from the rear axle? I´d guess so. I agree with Raman, to try a softer spring rear and / or a harder up front.
Camber could also be an option to increase it to -1,5 - -2° in rear. Furthermore, do you have the stabilizer set? This could aslso help you!
And with all TC at the moment, even the Tamiya ones, I would rethink to use TC dampers with the higher Carbon towers on the M06, and go for shorter (mini) dampers instead with M06 lengths. And for the rear damper piston,
I only use M06R 1,3mm holes since some time.
In the end I can only guess what will maybe help you, sorry.
I never drove an Brushless in my M06, so my experience is limited on Cupmachine power output!
More torque is always more difficult to tame down!
But as your problem occurs off power, you are on the right way, I´d say!

If you test some of the tings, please let us know here!
I lack the time on M06 testing at the moment, but it´s always so much fun to get this beast going. (when it works)

Kind regards,
Matthias
Thanks for your thoughts Matthias,

We don't have enough time to test, before the race. So we need to make assumptions and develop car setups based on theories.

I appreciate your inputs and we will try them at our next carpet race. Our organizer has decided that the next race will be on an outdoor painted race surface... I just hope it doesn't rain...

-Alexander
Old 04-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Need some help. Could someone post a pic of their M06 with the TCS Reedy 21.5 Brushless motor mounted in it. Looks a little tight back there and i need ideas. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default tamiya m06 with reedy 21.5 motor

get a Yeah Racing YA-0463BU shim set to shim the motor 1mm. that way the tabs clear the gear plate. you can get it on ebay for about $11 shipped.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Default check it!

Dear RWD friends,

I've just rebuilt my M06 as a MWB... but have yet to try it out. suspension settings are similar to my SWB. Will update when the next TAC comes around.

enjoy! and keep trucking, from the rear!

Alexander
Attached Thumbnails TAMIYA M-06 Thread-img_9812.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-img_9811.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-img_9787.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-img_9786.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-img_9785.jpg  

Old 05-14-2016, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Default moe pics

wing is from the Datsun 280zx shell

Waste not, want not...
Attached Thumbnails TAMIYA M-06 Thread-img_9784.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-img_9782.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-img_9779.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-img_9778.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-img_9777.jpg  

Old 05-18-2016, 08:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default m-06 gearing

Hi every body I got a new m-06 with a lightly tune 28t tamiya motor but it lacks of speed for my taste .I got a castle sidewinder 5700kv in my ff04 evo and I really like the feel of it and the simplicity of ajustement of it .I would like to put one kit on my m-06 but I can't decide if I put the 4600kv or the 5700kv and what gearing I will need to keep it don't overheat .I got too the fast gear set from 3 racing to give me more possibility of ratio.Thanks have a nice day.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

nm

Last edited by funked1; 06-06-2016 at 08:53 PM. Reason: read the rules
Old 06-14-2016, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Recently i started to drive more frequently with my M-06 with a nissan S15 body.
The very first time i drove the car it was dialed and felt great on a very high traction carpet track.
In the meantime M-chassis started to hit the track at my local club but so far i'm the only one with a rear wheel drive M-chassis.
I even let a clubmember drive my M-06 at the Belgian tamiya race at our club, the young fellow was second fastest with the rest of the M-05 drivers following at 0.4 seconds of the fastest laptime from him.
Only one guy (well known for his great driving skills and his knolledge to setup a M-05) was able to drive even faster with his M-05.
The fastest laptime was about 13.7seconds (M-05), second fastest latime was 14.1seconds (M-06) and third fastest laptime was 14.5seconds.
They all run with a brushed carsson cup motor (Rpm is arround 19-20.000), at this moment i'm running a lightly tuned motor (16.500rpm) in my M-06 chassis and so far my fastest laptime is 14.56seconds.
My car is basically a standard out of the box car, with the exception of M-chassis TRF dampers (54000), M-05 ball diff and 1.5° rear toe-in uprights from my M-05PRO.
Been running M-grip tires at the rear and standard type radial tires at the front, fastest time was arround 14.9seconds.
Changed the front tires to M-grip with the sidewalls being glued and this improved my car to turn in much better and laptime by almost 0.4seconds, all this with a ride height of 5mm (front&rear) and NO traction rolls.
Will keep testing with other setups, therefor i ordered a stabilizer set along with some carbon damperstays for M-chassis TRF dampers.
Hope to improve even more my laptime, will keep you guys informed

So far i really like how the M-06 drives
Old 06-26-2016, 07:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looking for M06R, let me know if you have one for sale. Please pm me and Thank you!
Old 06-26-2016, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
Recently i started to drive more frequently with my M-06 with a nissan S15 body.
The very first time i drove the car it was dialed and felt great on a very high traction carpet track.
In the meantime M-chassis started to hit the track at my local club but so far i'm the only one with a rear wheel drive M-chassis.
I even let a clubmember drive my M-06 at the Belgian tamiya race at our club, the young fellow was second fastest with the rest of the M-05 drivers following at 0.4 seconds of the fastest laptime from him.
Only one guy (well known for his great driving skills and his knolledge to setup a M-05) was able to drive even faster with his M-05.
The fastest laptime was about 13.7seconds (M-05), second fastest latime was 14.1seconds (M-06) and third fastest laptime was 14.5seconds.
They all run with a brushed carsson cup motor (Rpm is arround 19-20.000), at this moment i'm running a lightly tuned motor (16.500rpm) in my M-06 chassis and so far my fastest laptime is 14.56seconds.
My car is basically a standard out of the box car, with the exception of M-chassis TRF dampers (54000), M-05 ball diff and 1.5° rear toe-in uprights from my M-05PRO.
Been running M-grip tires at the rear and standard type radial tires at the front, fastest time was arround 14.9seconds.
Changed the front tires to M-grip with the sidewalls being glued and this improved my car to turn in much better and laptime by almost 0.4seconds, all this with a ride height of 5mm (front&rear) and NO traction rolls.
Will keep testing with other setups, therefor i ordered a stabilizer set along with some carbon damperstays for M-chassis TRF dampers.
Hope to improve even more my laptime, will keep you guys informed

So far i really like how the M-06 drives
Nice job, stick to it and show those FWD who is boss
Old 06-27-2016, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Raman
Nice job, stick to it and show those FWD who is boss
I will
Old 06-28-2016, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

I run the TRF black springs (blue rear and yellow front). On the Carbon Damper Stays I use the fourth(4) holes. Camber rear 1°, front 0.5°. Ride height 5mm. For the tires I use 60D reinforced slick tires. With that setup I get absolutely no oversteer. It's like the perfect setup without sway bars installed.

Thank You
Old 06-29-2016, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
I run the TRF black springs (blue rear and yellow front). On the Carbon Damper Stays I use the fourth(4) holes. Camber rear 1°, front 0.5°. Ride height 5mm. For the tires I use 60D reinforced slick tires. With that setup I get absolutely no oversteer. It's like the perfect setup without sway bars installed.

Thank You
is this for carpet or asphalt?
Old 06-29-2016, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood

Thank You
I'm running similar set up on carpet. front is 0°. Identical springs. For tyres I'm running Shimizu 30 with sweep hard insert in rear and Shimizu 40 in front. Car is very planted and no oversteer. As of yesterday I even started to run the car without the R spec axle weights. It gave me a bit more steering.

I'm battling with different turn in. Left turn in is superb and tight. right goes wide. I'm thinking its a weight balance issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.