Wiki Posts
Search

Charger Decisions

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Originally posted by AdR|aN
If your going to be long in this hobby, spend wisely and you wont get burnt in the long run.

Personally using Eagle CDC V 6.0B.
Its great but would be better if the discharge is increase to 30 amps.
Only thing the Eagle/Integy charger doesnt do is run in your motor.
This is where the money you save up, you could purchase a Motor Manager. Orion, Yokomo and Team Much More have some of the best Motor Manager around.
So do some research and spend your money wisely and you will be a smiling man on the track.

Oh yea, if you wanna know, i will be purchasing my 2nd Eagle CDC v 6.0B soon. And not forgetting the motor manager by Team Much More.

aDRIAN, don't understand something.... if you're using the CDC v. 6.0B and it would be better if the discharge was increased to 30 amps, and doesn't run in your motor, why would you get another and why would you recommend it over the Turbo 35 .
Old 06-08-2004, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JayBee
aDRIAN, don't understand something.... if you're using the CDC v. 6.0B and it would be better if the discharge was increased to 30 amps, and doesn't run in your motor, why would you get another and why would you recommend it over the Turbo 35 .
Its still okie with a 20 amp discharge. Only would be better if they could increase it to about 30 amps discharge.

It can never take over Turbo35. Its everyones dream to own it.
I just recommended CDC cos of the price you will be paying. Its worth the money cos it aint that expensive. So with the money your saving, you can still get another motor manager.

Lets calculate the cost.
2 x CDC v6.0B + Motor Manager is still cheaper then buying one unit of Turbo. And you still can charge two packs at one time.

But if you can afford getting a Turbo, of cos go for it. IMHO, i would prefer to spent the rest of the cash on other stuff. Well, thats only me.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

look on e-bay or in the buy and sell section of rc tech. You can find used turbo 35's for 200 - 250. I just bought one and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Its still okie with a 20 amp discharge. Only would be better if they could increase it to about 30 amps discharge.

It can never take over Turbo35. Its everyones dream to own it.
I just recommended CDC cos of the price you will be paying. Its worth the money cos it aint that expensive. So with the money your saving, you can still get another motor manager.

Lets calculate the cost.
2 x CDC v6.0B + Motor Manager is still cheaper then buying one unit of Turbo. And you still can charge two packs at one time.

But if you can afford getting a Turbo, of cos go for it. IMHO, i would prefer to spent the rest of the cash on other stuff. Well, thats only me.
ohh, you're opinion is well taken; I don't doubt you it's just that I'm the type of person that wants the best. It looks like I have to do some more research though on the functionality of different chargers. I'm the one who wrote you the e-mail about the Keyence Zero V Extreme a couple of weeks ago. DAMN MAN this thing has so much stuff; I might have to e-mail you for some help on how to set this sucker up I know you're running a couple of them and Steve W. says you're the expert .
Old 06-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JayBee
ohh, you're opinion is well taken; I don't doubt you it's just that I'm the type of person that wants the best. It looks like I have to do some more research though on the functionality of different chargers. I'm the one who wrote you the e-mail about the Keyence Zero V Extreme a couple of weeks ago. DAMN MAN this thing has so much stuff; I might have to e-mail you for some help on how to set this sucker up I know you're running a couple of them and Steve W. says you're the expert .
I still remember you asking for help getting the manual regarding that ESC?
But I think you got the wrong person.
I don think Steve W meant me. Maybe another Adrian

Its only personal preference why i would recommend a CDC. Cos i am able to save up some money and get some other equipments. But i still have some space on my pit especially for a Turbo though.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by subman
look on e-bay or in the buy and sell section of rc tech. You can find used turbo 35's for 200 - 250. I just bought one and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival.
buying something like this used; is the warranty still available and what if somthing goes wrong with it, will CE replace it since you're not the original owner?
Old 06-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Tech Champion

I still remember you asking for help getting the manual regarding that ESC?
But I think you got the wrong person.
I don think Steve W meant me. Maybe another Adrian

Its only personal preference why i would recommend a CDC. Cos i am able to save up some money and get some other equipments. But i still have some space on my pit especially for a Turbo though.

YEAH... IT'S YOU DUDE
you're caught; you're the tiger that's left out from the mountain
Old 06-09-2004, 06:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Adrian,

Not a dream I share, I've ran Pro Trak for 8 years now, my dream is to run two of them. T35 is too limited for me.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:54 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

JayBee: most CE stuff only has a 90 day warr.

So, more than likely it would be out of warr. when you got it.
But, CE has great service like many others do......(if you need it)

Any of the chargers above will do the job.

Get the one that has the features YOU need.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Quick question thats off topic. Which discharge tray is better performance wise, the Rayspeed or the Novak?
Old 06-09-2004, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by crimson eagle
Adrian,

Not a dream I share, I've ran Pro Trak for 8 years now, my dream is to run two of them. T35 is too limited for me.
I stand corrected.
I should have said most people then.
The Pro Trak charger is also a very good charger.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:29 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If your going to be long in this hobby, spend wisely and you wont get burnt in the long run.

Personally using Eagle CDC V 6.0B.
Its great but would be better if the discharge is increase to 30 amps.
Only thing the Eagle/Integy charger doesnt do is run in your motor.
This is where the money you save up, you could purchase a Motor Manager. Orion, Yokomo and Team Much More have some of the best Motor Manager around.
So do some research and spend your money wisely and you will be a smiling man on the track.

Oh yea, if you wanna know, i will be purchasing my 2nd Eagle CDC v 6.0B soon. And not forgetting the motor manager by Team Much More.
I agree with Adrian on the Eagle CDC V 6.0B and Team Much More Motor Manager. I have this set-up and can charge/discharge 2 packs at the same time, run my lathe, and break a motor in. In my opinion the GFX is the best charger out there, but they are too expensive and bulky. See how nice and neat my stuff fits in my electronins case
20amp discharge workd for me cause I use a Rayspeed tray to equalize my packs.
Attached Thumbnails Charger Decisions-rc.jpg  
Old 06-10-2004, 03:00 AM
Tech Addict

Look at the Triton from TowerHobbies (link) it is very good charger. It charges, beside all the standards, the new light and powerful LiPoly cells. Even though I have both CE Turbo35 and LRP Pulsar Competition I'm thinking of buying Triton to use at races. It's extremely compact and full of features.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by andsetinn
Look at the Triton from TowerHobbies (link) it is very good charger. It charges, beside all the standards, the new light and powerful LiPoly cells. Even though I have both CE Turbo35 and LRP Pulsar Competition I'm thinking of buying Triton to use at races. It's extremely compact and full of features.

Hmmm. The discharge current is limited to only 3 amps. And as far as I can see, you cant disable the trickle charge for NiMh batteries....
Old 06-10-2004, 03:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by P2
I agree with Adrian on the Eagle CDC V 6.0B and Team Much More Motor Manager. I have this set-up and can charge/discharge 2 packs at the same time, run my lathe, and break a motor in. In my opinion the GFX is the best charger out there, but they are too expensive and bulky. See how nice and neat my stuff fits in my electronins case
20amp discharge workd for me cause I use a Rayspeed tray to equalize my packs.
I really like this idea.... havent thought of it that way before... and for sure, with 3300 mAh batts and soon 3600, charge time is going to be the bottle neck with only one charger

3300 @ 6 amps, takes 40-45 minutes (if equalized)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.