R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #9976
Tech Addict
 
rc car guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 647
Default

If you have built the car correctly then your rh should be able to be adjust easily on my 6.1 I put my atock springs on had to.turn them down 1/3 the way in the rear and about 1/8 the way in the front
rc car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:00 PM   #9977
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sammamish, WA
Posts: 171
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
how about posting a pic, should be easier for folks to see what you're doing with the setup.

Are you going pro-squat instead of anti-squat on the rear?
I just have the stock kit from Team Associates, which, I believe, does not include either pro or anti.

I will try to post a pic, but the last time I did I was unsuccessful because I didn't have the minimum required posts.

Thanks for you continued help.


JB
boylrmakr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:23 PM   #9978
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 1,427
Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default

Can someone tell me what offset wheels are used with a 190mm body and what is used if I want to run a 200mm body?
bigbeej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #9979
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boylrmakr View Post
I just have the stock kit from Team Associates, which, I believe, does not include either pro or anti.

I will try to post a pic, but the last time I did I was unsuccessful because I didn't have the minimum required posts.

Thanks for you continued help.


JB

Check out this build thread here:
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/asso...yPhalen_Build/

Take note on step 49... there are different arm mounts with different dot height markers... this will allow you to adjust pro/anti-squat... if you're using dots that bump up the height of the rear arms too high, this might effect your ability to control your ride height possibly, perhaps you can swap out the arm mounts?

Any chance you happened to swap the front rear shock towers by mistake?
billdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #9980
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbeej View Post
Can someone tell me what offset wheels are used with a 190mm body and what is used if I want to run a 200mm body?
I've always had the best luck with 0mm offset for 190mm bodies

Most prefer 3mm offsets with 200mm bodies, but I kinda like the look with 6mm offset wheels to better fill in the space... it's a matter of preference and how much traction you're willing to give up with a wider track width, of course not all 200mm bodies are the same either... I'm currently running a 200mm body with 0mm offsets and it doesn't look too bad

billdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #9981
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boylrmakr View Post
I just have the stock kit from Team Associates, which, I believe, does not include either pro or anti.

I will try to post a pic, but the last time I did I was unsuccessful because I didn't have the minimum required posts.

Thanks for you continued help.


JB
bring that thing to the community center on sat we will get it figured out. wait, your in the seattle area right? i thought you said you were.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #9982
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sammamish, WA
Posts: 171
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
Check out this build thread here:
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/asso...yPhalen_Build/

Take note on step 49... there are different arm mounts with different dot height markers... this will allow you to adjust pro/anti-squat... if you're using dots that bump up the height of the rear arms too high, this might effect your ability to control your ride height possibly, perhaps you can swap out the arm mounts?

Any chance you happened to swap the front rear shock towers by mistake?
I've used the recommended "0 dot" arm mounts for this and the build is correct for the rear arms. According to the chart, this "recommended" "0 dot" setup equates to a flat standard roll center. Yes and good question regarding the front and rear shock towers. I checked and double-checked that they are installed in their correct locations.

If I disconnect the shocks, then the wheels can travel downward far enough to give the 5mm ride height and more. I've checked the shock builds and your recommended 62mm length, so they must be correct. I'm perplexed.

Any other suggestions. I've put 2 pics in my album, but I don't know if you can view them or not.

Thanks,

JB
boylrmakr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #9983
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sammamish, WA
Posts: 171
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
bring that thing to the community center on sat we will get it figured out. wait, your in the seattle area right? i thought you said you were.
Yes, I'm in the Seattle area and I plan to be at the CC Saturday. I'll bring it along for you guys to check out.

Thx,

JB
boylrmakr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:16 PM   #9984
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

try backing out the threaded ball ends on the shocks a few turns, it's possible that they may be over tightened?

Or any chance that the wrong ball ends may be installed in the shocks?
billdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #9985
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sammamish, WA
Posts: 171
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
try backing out the threaded ball ends on the shocks a few turns, it's possible that they may be over tightened?

Or any chance that the wrong ball ends may be installed in the shocks?
That will work, but I'd have to back them out about 1/8" which is about 1/2 of the threads on the shock shaft. That seems like it will weaken the support on the shocks.

There is only 1 type of ball end in the kit, so I don't think they are the wrong ones.

Thanks,

JB
boylrmakr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #9986
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

ok, please add a pic of your gauge and where your measuring from. it appears that you might be trying to measure with a droop gauge. show me your gauge please. just add a pic in your gallery.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #9987
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sammamish, WA
Posts: 171
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
ok, please add a pic of your gauge and where your measuring from. it appears that you might be trying to measure with a droop gauge. show me your gauge please. just add a pic in your gallery.
Ok it's in there. It's the Integy combo RH/Droop guage. I'm using the steps on the right. Can only get 2mm height with shocks fully extended. The front RH adjusts just fine.

Thx

JB
boylrmakr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #9988
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

thats the droop gauge portion of the gauge. you want to use the steps to the left. lay the gauge down and use the thin steps for ride height. to use the droop gauge the side of the ride height portion goes against the bottom of the chassis and measuered at the bottom of the hing pins. so in the pic knock that thing over and use it that way. ok good? understand?
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #9989
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

when you come to the CC hit me up and ill show you how to use it. just look for the red ferraris. F1 and my GT car are ferraris.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:20 PM   #9990
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sammamish, WA
Posts: 171
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
when you come to the CC hit me up and ill show you how to use it. just look for the red ferraris. F1 and my GT car are ferraris.
Thanks for the insight (feeling pretty lame) Now I have another problem with the height being too high and I have the shocks fully backed off, so any more advice is welcome.

I'll certainly drop by and look at your rigs.

Thanks again,

JB
boylrmakr is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13249 01-14-2017 07:34 AM
THE TRACK RACEWAY Apex Mid Atlantic RC Racing 28937 01-14-2017 07:26 AM
Team Associated TC6 KostaG Electric On-Road 8 07-04-2010 12:42 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:28 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0