Wiki Posts
Search

24 Hour RC Race, wow!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
I don't see that in the least bit not knocking your opinion - just can't see loosing 2 -3 hours of track time as fun...I get the team buiding idea - but there's already enough that has to be organized to successfully pull off a r/c enduro, like battery changine, driver line up, planning out pitstops, etc....

i'd personally just rather get all the building done ahead of time, so that way a 'friday' can be dial car into track and 'saturday' can be quick qualifier, then go-go-go
This really isn't the thread to hash out the details of the jackson event, but if you don't want to build the car you can be the sleep in teammate I would say that the biggest motivator for building the car onsite would be to "hopefully" limit any cheating and hidden mods that could be contrived, we have some crafty individuals in our area
Old 06-25-2010, 06:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
This really isn't the thread to hash out the details of the jackson event, but if you don't want to build the car you can be the sleep in teammate I would say that the biggest motivator for building the car onsite would be to "hopefully" limit any cheating and hidden mods that could be contrived, we have some crafty individuals in our area
i know - and wasn't exactly trying to hash out the jackson event just merely stating my feeling on it, ain't crazy about the idea but it wouldn't preclude me from taking part

you do have a point - the onsite build portion would definitely rule out the 'craftiness' of some of our fellow racers

I've been involved with a bunch of enduro events, both from running/organizing the event to driving in them so I'm all for a race like that
Old 06-25-2010, 07:04 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

with an event this long running with ur friends outweighs hoping to be paired up with fast guys. thats furthered by building the car there that day or friday without some of us who know what makes a tt01 tick just a bit better. i will say that the small chassis ribs in the battery tray should be 'massaged' out for the competitors since we most all have 'square corner' lipos.

but anyways, its a deal where the europeans really have somethin different and we need to catch up on the deal. and if jackson is the spot. well damn folks have u seen the pix of the place.

hell i dont mind flapping my jaws for a few hrs on the mic (heck i did that at frederick's enduro and i didnt even race just came to spice things up a bit and make folks laugh too).

R
Old 06-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I don't see that in the least bit not knocking your opinion - just can't see loosing 2 -3 hours of track time as fun...I get the team buiding idea - but there's already enough that has to be organized to successfully pull off a r/c enduro, like battery changine, driver line up, planning out pitstops, etc....

i'd personally just rather get all the building done ahead of time, so that way a 'friday' can be dial car into track and 'saturday' can be quick qualifier, then go-go-go

You dont think 20 hrs of Driving would be enough . I think that a mayjor part of these races is to build on site gives everyone an equal playing field and the challenge of building your car correctly on a timer. Then choosing if you want to pit to improve handling and get faster lap times or limp arround without pitting its all part of race strategy. If we are doing a 24 hr race i dont want to spend all day Friday Building and tuning Just my $.02
would like to see if i can get a team from Chicago together if this happens.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by IL_AudiRacer
You dont think 20 hrs of Driving would be enough . I think that a mayjor part of these races is to build on site gives everyone an equal playing field and the challenge of building your car correctly on a timer. Then choosing if you want to pit to improve handling and get faster lap times or limp arround without pitting its all part of race strategy. If we are doing a 24 hr race i dont want to spend all day Friday Building and tuning Just my $.02
i was just giving my .02 on the idea of building onsite I COMPLETELY agree building on-site makes everyone equal, just ain't a fan of the idea like I said, i'll be there no matter what

can anyone say '1 color paint jobs'
Old 06-25-2010, 07:52 AM

eh, as long as its fun. thats what matters. if sittin around bs'g, bench racing, eatin some good food, building a basic tamiya kit, like when we were kids, only now with a bunch of friends new and old isnt fun. then we should all quit.

R
Old 06-25-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
eh, as long as its fun. thats what matters. if sittin around bs'g, bench racing, eatin some good food, building a basic tamiya kit, like when we were kids, only now with a bunch of friends new and old isnt fun. then we should all quit.

R
hmmm, i think i opened myself up to some abuse/comments that I didn't mean to infer

sitting around BS'ing, racing to get something built is a super idea - personally i'd just perfer showing up with a car already built, but i get the point behind doing it on-site (that whole concept is not lost on me, honestly ) so no need for everyone to keep bringing up the concept of why building the kits onsite is such a good idea

but onto another topic, boost or no boost since i'm assuming ANY track in the USA that would do something like this would perfer BL over the kit motor
Old 06-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

hmmm, i think i opened myself up to some abuse/comments that I didn't mean to infer

sitting around BS'ing, racing to get something built is a super idea - personally i'd just perfer showing up with a car already built, but i get the point behind doing it on-site (that whole concept is not lost on me, honestly ) so no need for everyone to keep bringing up the concept of why building the kits onsite is such a good idea

but onto another topic, boost or no boost since i'm assuming ANY track in the USA that would do something like this would perfer BL over the kit motor
My BL costs more than the entire TT01 kit lol, I'm NOT subjecting it to an endurance race, esp if it rains. I'd much rather blow up a $10 esc and $12 silver can.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IL_AudiRacer
I am in............now, to just get the Tamiya build master on board..........Rob?
Old 06-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

can anyone say "US National R/C Enduro" ??

that would be sweet!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I just LOVE seeing another page of excitement on this thread!

Ok, don't buy anything yet ....I'm talking with the likely manufacturers about availability of some mildly important things, like TT01E kits and treaded tires. I also want to make absolutely sure we don't spec something that turns out to be highly consumable.

We did a quick test of low light conditions at Jackson last night, and things look promising!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
I just LOVE seeing another page of excitement on this thread!

Ok, don't buy anything yet ....I'm talking with the likely manufacturers about availability of some mildly important things, like TT01E kits and treaded tires. I also want to make absolutely sure we don't spec something that turns out to be highly consumable.

We did a quick test of low light conditions at Jackson last night, and things look promising!
what about rain??
Old 06-25-2010, 09:40 AM

figure absolute cheapest bl is 50bux a motor. that means u could blow up 4-5 johnsons (and who's to say they are that bad b/c their usin em in europe) for price of 1 BL. whats honestly wrong with the kit speedo and johnson motor? blow em up its not a huge loss and i'm sure we could have spares there ready to go. hell i'm sure there are a ton of em out there that no1 otherwise wants.

i'd be more keen to find a common ground on a cheap premount tire. no worrying bout gluing/mountin/balancin etc etc. just slap em on and go. institute a gear change rule on the stock equip. i'm sure it'll be quite easy to sort out w/o all the crap that plagues the hobby right now.

kit speedo/kit motor/premount tire/pinion TBD/lipo cutoff (cheap novak unit). every1 seems to shy away from enduros b/c they dont want to hose their gear. well honestly whats wrong with using gear that otherwise people dont want?

i will contact jim campbell and see if its possible to find a home for a swath of the orton-era brushed speedos he has for somethin cheap and more durable than the tamiya unit. (remember that feeling you got when u saw that g10 box for the 1st time lol, or in my case the 411P2 or worse yet tekin 600 mospower lol).

bojar-no1 is jumpin ya. every1 has their .02 and thats great. if its a fun event-i know we'll all take it every time over all the sore bickering that has run ramped over onroad lately.

R
Old 06-25-2010, 09:43 AM

btw, a tt01 on friction shocks folks..... +brushless=scary

R
Old 06-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
btw, a tt01 on friction shocks folks..... +brushless=scary

R
EEK!!!

ok, maybe that would have to be an 'allowable' upgrade

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.