2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 12:42 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Doug, they are using Autoscore for Windows.

I think they needed an extra person because they have a backup computer running simultaneously with a second decoder, like you and Scotty did at Trackside.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:43 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Incidentally, my guys were told that they couldn't set up the scaffolding for their cameras--for no apparent reason--but I think they went ahead and did it anyway.

We have two cameras recording the action from above the track, one on each side. We have a third roving camera capturing the rest.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The quote I got was "We will not provide any form of results to media outlets until the race is over."
Well that kinda explains why the Orion updates have been..well...you know...

Why the media blackout though? What do they gain?
Old 10-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Well that kinda explains why the Orion updates have been..well...you know...

Why the media blackout though? What do they gain?
Power!
Old 10-29-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by futureal
I have been on the phone with my guys at the track and some of the stuff they are saying is, to me, downright disturbing.

They say that the IFMAR officials are unwilling to let them even LOOK a listing of the results, much less get any of the stuff on a disk or any postable format.

That's just ludicrous.

I'm already down on IFMAR after the whole mess leading up to the Worlds, but this takes the cake. How can this organization claim to be moving the sport forward when they are hindering its exposure to a worldwide audience? Pathetic!
Futureal,

I can affirm you that your guys told you it's totally true..... I've been informed about it since last night and i did not want to believe it until your post... I thought it was our Magazine reporters who were not working as properly.....

And i can't understand why,... There are media in RC who need that kind of informations to run their business or either as you say it's totally ludicrous but RIDICULOUS for our Sport...

Anyway, there are no senses and no point ........ Just another action to let down our Hobby,.... it's like a JOKE....

John
Old 10-29-2004, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

it's like a JOKE....
And a damn bad one too.....
Old 10-29-2004, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

11-20 from rounds 4 and 5 would be most appriciated if possible. Don't care about times as they don't even matter. Positions and points are all you need to figure out who will be in the A main.

I will be calling the track after I get off work but would like some info as I am an impatient person.

Thanks
Steve Chamberlain
Old 10-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think the race sponsors have somthing to do with this. I bet they have some issue with freedom of the internet. This is just a thought, but look at orions coverage, sad at first. Cause they couldnt keep up with other people posting results. They may have stepped in and said this isnt fair we are a sponsor and should have the right to post results first.

Just a thought and I may get flamed for it but......
Old 10-29-2004, 01:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Do you have a link to the Orion coverage please?
Old 10-29-2004, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by RandyB
I think the race sponsors have somthing to do with this. I bet they have some issue with freedom of the internet. This is just a thought, but look at orions coverage, sad at first. Cause they couldnt keep up with other people posting results. They may have stepped in and said this isnt fair we are a sponsor and should have the right to post results first.

Just a thought and I may get flamed for it but......
RandyB,

I don't know how you found this but i know what's goin on the business and it's not fair for everybody.....
Orion is Orion and the fact is when a business give money to a race or whatever it is,... it's normal to claim benefit.... I have to be angry and upset about things are happening at the world but sometimes you have to shut your mounth and keep quiet,.....

So, even if you are right you won't never know if it's true......

John YVES
Old 10-29-2004, 01:14 PM
R/C Tech Founder

thrust: It is on the front page of www.teamorion.com
Old 10-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by thrust
Do you have a link to the Orion coverage please?
http://www.teamorion.com/live/results-cars.asp?id=157

Also check

www.tq-racing.com
Old 10-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

I sure hope they are planning to tell the drivers where they qualified before the finals otherwise there may be 40 drivers all planning to run the A
Old 10-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

And guys,

Leave ORION in peace, they do what they have to do and surelly what's they can do..... It's dificult for everybody,... even if they are on place,..... But today i think the best ever Coverage should be ..:

- A Team of 3 reporters (photographer, webmaster and writter)
- A satellite connection (DSL - WIFI)
- A super digital Camera (like the Jarrod one)
- 2 or 3 Laptop (with enought watts)
- And finally a MEGA BUDGET .........

No without laught, i think there is enought informations and great peoples abroad to don't expect that kind of coverage.....lol

If i were rich, i would do it but i'm broke.......so i do with what we have.... a day....a day we never know....lol
Old 10-29-2004, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I must commend everyone for the coverage we HAVE had. I think any info, pictures, whatever is great. Thanks.

People will always want more in this modern electronic world. I for one appreciate what has been provided. So ignore the bad comments, we want ESPN type coverage and do the best you can with what is provided. It is appreciated.
Pictures are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see one that I think has to be the best RC pictures ever, then another shows up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.