Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why oh why KO PROPO allways use a 35V capacitor

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Default Why oh why KO PROPO allways use a 35V capacitor

I wonder why KO allways use a 35V capacitor. A 10V one should be more then enough and that's lighter and smaller.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Barry White
I wonder why KO allways use a 35V capacitor. A 10V one should be more then enough and that's lighter and smaller.
Shot in the dark guess, but maybe it is the FET spec that defaults the choice of cap?
Old 04-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tc3team
Shot in the dark guess, but maybe it is the FET spec that defaults the choice of cap?
I wonder what that has to do with it. Other manufacturers seem to use 16V most of the time. Also easier to find as 10V, but 35V? I have a bunch of them and want to throw them away becouse they are too heavy, unless somebody can explane why to use them.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Should be because of Voltage pikes in the Output through the higher frequencies. Therefore a higher Voltage capacitor works better. Itīs hard to describe it in english for me. Its daily work for me but not in english ^^

Itīs easier to flaten the voltage with high voltage capacitors if you have high frequencies. Iīm definitly not sure if they use it because of that but its apossibility. If you can see a realisitc change in the working of the car? I donīt think so...

Hope that helps...
Old 04-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tza1981
Should be because of Voltage pikes in the Output through the higher frequencies. Therefore a higher Voltage capacitor works better. Itīs hard to describe it in english for me. Its daily work for me but not in english ^^

Itīs easier to flaten the voltage with high voltage capacitors if you have high frequencies. Iīm definitly not sure if they use it because of that but its apossibility.
Winner winner, chicken dinner!!