Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TC3 Rumours

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I wonder if associated will use molded parts again for the chassis?

It seems losi and associated are the only ones who do this on there top of the line vehicles and may continue to.

I personally like the graphite plate better. Who knows, maybe associated would do that.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by burbs
lets see now..... the tc3 is still winning big races, and is in every a main at a higher level race...

why in the world would they wqnt to change it???? ITS WASTED MONEY....

the only change i could see them making is to use the nitro suspension on a tc3 electric tub.....

it has been made as a conversion already from someone else...

but as they said in a few threds up if it aint broke....dont fix it
They put out a new car and everybody replaces thier perfectly good Tc3 and they make crap loads of dough (not to mention the factory team TC4 that will come out 6 months later). The only wasted money is by the racers.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:58 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

actually the vehicle may still win races, but that doesn't mean you don't improve what you have if you can.

I think though associated is doing it the right way by probably spending alot of time in R&D with whatever they are planning in the future.

My main issues with my TC3 were corrected with the BMI chassis.

My minor issues are pretty much the parts wear out alittle soon compared to the competition, especially the knuckles and the carriers. and the diff cases could be better so they don't pinch the bearings.

Other than that though I love the vehicle and it would be VERY easy for me to go X-Ray as that is the vehicle of choice at the track right now.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

funny how i started a thread a couple months back about the tc4 and it was shut down.
i was at snow birds speeking to the a factory rep and that yes they were working on the new tc3 and that it was diffinatly a drive shaft car.
there were going to be numourus updates on the new platform.

knowing associated they will test the car for a year or so to make sure its dialed right out of the box.
what ever it looks like you can be sure it will be a winner for 5 or more years.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

Associated will take their time bringing this to market. It'll be a another fine example of their planning. Look at the Monster GT. They took their time with that and look at the results. A fabulous truck. So I don't mind waiting a bit for a new TC3. I'd love to see some pics of a prototype or something. They should give us something to lust over. But then again they will want to lower inventories before doing anything.

Eric.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

People always say, if it aint broke, why fix it? Yes the tc3 does win races, but if they improve it, it may win more races. I rebuild my motors before they stop running and actually break. It wasnt broken, but I fixed it. Why? Because it performs better, which is why Associated is likely to release a new tc. Because it will perform better. A lot of people like the tc3, but its getting to be an old car, and even if its still a good car, a lot of people are buying new cars probably just to have something new. IMO Associated making a new TC is not a waste of money for them, it is very likely to make them a lot of money. But not waste it.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I havent read this thread from beginning so please excause me f I repeat a few thngs from othes.

Plain and simple the Tc3 is the biggesthunk a junk on the market. It takes hours of handitting the diff cases and shimming and sanding of arms, C-hubs, to fit everythng. Its common to have defective ballstuds (threads to small and they strip out) and ballstuds that are so big the balcups wont move on them. Also-it is common to have the steering posts poorly machined and the bearings wont fit on the shaft or go down all the way. All of these are from first hand experience!! Now lets talk about milling the chassis, bending hingepins, warping from heat and fragile arms that only survive due to a thing called a RPM or BRP bumper.

Heres the kicker: Its the fastest hunk a junk around and no sane person can deny that.

Where AE WILL improve and know for a fact that they are is in their molds and the build quality out of the box.

They HAVE TO IMPROVE there because theres so much competition.

if you havent built a Xray or the new Pro4-heck even a Tamiya EvoIII-then dont comment because they go together in a snap. And the arms will FLOP-free as a can be-first try and the drivetrains are quiet and free.

Ive said this before-people whine and complain abut the pro4 problems, the Tamiya problems, the Losi Problems!!! But if the Tc3 werent so darn fast-it would have been driven off the market they are so poorly molded and so fragile.

Ray
Old 04-28-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

I have to agree with Ray on a few of his comments.

The TC4 should use better mold technologies. I've had problems putting on brand new arms and hinge pins and one side is loose and the other not. Even on a new chassis. These problems are easily rectified but still a pain in the neck. The chassis tweaking due to heat is another thing. The new design will more then likely address some of these issues. It's simply common sense and evolutionary. These are changes that need to happen to keep the TC line competitive.

I don't think it's a piece of junk though. But it's a car that has it's faults. But they all do.

Eric.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Mabey he means peace of junk because of the molding problems and machining problems ? But I do agree with ray about the molding problems and stuff. Also the tc3 hinge pins are too small, it seems like I would bend atleast one everyday running foam tires. I like my xrays 3.5mm ones, atleast thats what size I think they are.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

fusedbrain,

me to bro. hope they will improve it and eliminate factory deffects.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yes guys-I mean hunk a junk as a term of endearment. Like my wife always calling me a $hithead!! Well-I think its a term of endearment.

But lets face it-its really loud, not very well molded, not that durable (arms and hingepins only).

But it is fast!!! I always say that you should always have one Tc3 in your stable because you can always take it out and throw down a decent run w/ one. It might not be pretty or easy to drive-but it will be fast.

Ray
Old 04-28-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rayhuang
yes guys-I mean hunk a junk as a term of endearment. Like my wife always calling me a $hithead!! Well-I think its a term of endearment.

But lets face it-its really loud, not very well molded, not that durable (arms and hingepins only).

But it is fast!!! I always say that you should always have one Tc3 in your stable because you can always take it out and throw down a decent run w/ one. It might not be pretty or easy to drive-but it will be fast.

Ray
bro i agree with that. i have a tc3. for me i have a shaft driven and a belt driven cars. for a beginner not good to start with a tc3 maybe you end up spending a lot due to broken arms or shock tower.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Fusedbrain
Associated will take their time bringing this to market. It'll be a another fine example of their planning. Look at the Monster GT. They took their time with that and look at the results. A fabulous truck.
Eric.
Originally posted by SteveG
TC4....hmm, I heard Thunder Tiger is working on a new shaft drive car
Those who have seen the Thunder Tiger Monster Truck, Thunder Tiger are selling here in Europe, know how close TT and AE work together.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:12 AM
Tech Adept

I'd be interested in finding out what Thunder Tiger has got under wraps. Maybe a bit of research here is in order...

Eric.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by The Black Kat
Wheres my royalties Associated?.....I still haven't got my check from Losi when I said their belt system sucked and they needed to get rid of the severe kinks....and what did they do?
Are you serious?! You figured that out before Losi did??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.