New TC3 Rumours

Old 05-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by CA$H's son
pop quiz can anyone tell me where the idea inspired for the TC3? that car was the orginal not a Evo not a cooter non of those shaft cars HINT: it came from the FAR east
Tamiya Avante (4WD off-road buggy circa 1987-89). The first car to feature shaft-driven front and rear differentials with longitudinal motor positioning.

or

The tenth-tech predator? sp??? (circa 1995ish)
Old 05-29-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

instead of a new tc3 they should just make a new chassis for it and let it come in the box u buy the tc3 in....its alot better like that instead of making a new tc3 which has won soooo many races
Old 05-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think the new TC3 will be envieled in October at the Worlds. I have some good pics for you guys then.
Old 05-30-2004, 01:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

so long as the New TC3.5 or 4 whatever fixes the rear toe difference issue I am all happy with it ... thats my only major gripe with this chassis ... the diff cases just have to have a little fitting .. but the new ones just out fixed that ... and if you trim all the molding flash there usually isnt any hand fitting .. I think I have had to sand to fit maybe three arms in 2 yrs of racing .. and that wasnt sanding much at all ... maybe a pass or two at most ... the hinge pin weakness .... dont buy the associated parts .. just go get some 3/32 piano wire and cut it down .. smoother stronger and lots cheaper ... the only problem I have not been able to fix easily is the rear toe issue ... but I just use losi rear carriers and its all solved ... sucks having to buy two packages of parts to redo the rear end carriers .. but hey .. problem solved ... have to check with the local AE team guy and see what he knows about it ... so just keep dreaming everybody .. we will all know when it happens .. if it does ...

have fun racing

E
Old 05-30-2004, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

I am sure there allready is a lot of new stuff made by associated for use in a tourer!

They will defenitly do some testing for the worlds, maybe with some new chassis, or maybe with the good old TC3.

Wouldn't it be great to replace the TC3 after the worlds where they took a victory?
Old 05-31-2004, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

You guys are going to have to be patient. It will get here. I asked a AE driver and he said he didn't know. What answer would you expect though. After the worlds we will see.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Talking

Originally posted by The Black Kat
I thought The Cuda was a wanna-be Evo

And I thought the TB-01/TB Evolution came out BEFORE the TC3...can anyone confirm/shoot this down. Either way, They were released around the same time

Hobbipro: I said that about a month ago in a discussion at my not-so-local carpet track about Yokomo/Associated.....Since the damn companies are close they probably share R & D and Yokomo just took the opportunity to make the next Associated car before Associated did it themselfs....I'm guessing the TC4 will just be a Yokomo MR-4TC SD w/ all the fixes and a one-way. It seems all the new cars have %$^&ing one-ways in them, it should be an option whether you want one in the kit or a diff instead.

Actually its
Tamiya: Tampon (actually Mama-miya is a good one when you find out how much its gonna cost to fix the damn thing)
Yokomo: Brokomo, Jokomo, Locomo
Team Losi: Team Los-er Team Slow-si
Associated: ?
I believe the term you are looking for is....

Arsesociated.