Like Tree220Likes

Tamiya FF03

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default brushless

Originally Posted by OSherman
wtf?!?!.. some of the Mini guys are even running brushless.. man up and grow a pair.. at least a 21.5 with no boost.
at least 21.5, go brushless or go home

I watched a mini with a 13.5 go down the straight and it was magical - "believe my eyes i couldnt"

how the hell that thing took the corner at the end of the straight i will never know
Old 04-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teamstrc
count me in for one!

I say silver can....

steve
OK, You suckered me into it! I haven't posted in so long, now I'm fired up!

FRED are you listening? (Steve help me out)

TRF / Past Champs / exhibition class, at nats! "The Honda Civic Challenge"

FF03 non pro chassis, silver can (Make them use the same motors that mini uses!) 2400 lipo. spec tire, spec gearing. 8min races even make it a box stock class. no sway bars. no susp blocks. no hop-ups. only spings, oil, and susp adjustments allowed. 20 car fields. Race livery is required real or fictitious.

BTW it uses the 3/32 diff balls, I'm thinking it is the TRF201 gearbox layed down, mounted on the front of a chassis. I think gearing will be better, and I saw something that said FF03 gear mount. Which makes me think that it would be like the TB EVO cars vs. the TB0... cars.

Oh and BTW, my Silver can M05 Mini was hard to beat in out RCGT classes on carpet. I think only 2 sedans could beat it.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

I'm allready prepping my FF01 accord to beat that FF03 down! It'll be difficult but though
Old 04-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer

FF03 non pro chassis, silver can (Make them use the same motors that mini uses!) 2400 lipo. spec tire, spec gearing. 8min races even make it a box stock class. no sway bars. no susp blocks. no hop-ups. only spings, oil, and susp adjustments allowed. 20 car fields. Race livery is required real or fictitious.

BTW it uses the 3/32 diff balls, I'm thinking it is the TRF201 gearbox layed down, mounted on the front of a chassis. I think gearing will be better, and I saw something that said FF03 gear mount. Which makes me think that it would be like the TB EVO cars vs. the TB0... cars.

Oh and BTW, my Silver can M05 Mini was hard to beat in out RCGT classes on carpet. I think only 2 sedans could beat it.
Way ahead of ya! Already emailed Fred on the past champs running FF03 (and also allowing other TCS contestants to run the FF03 as a second class at nats) so far, Fred's response is "Oh, I like that idea!" We are looking good!

Steve
Old 04-30-2010, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I like the idea, with the exception of banning the PRO. Even the mini class is not that strict. And unless the standard kit comes with it, you need to get universals at least. My old FF01 with dog bones did not fair too well.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

muct hit item & many option & body coming !
Old 04-30-2010, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

seems like it uses a standard spur.
The difference with this one seems that you can use LOTS of diff balls for the DD cars(F104). Either way. at least that's figured out.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya FF03-54227.jpg  
Old 05-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Have you seen somewhere that it uses the TRF201 gearbox or is that what you expect?
Old 05-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Im already setting up my FF03 fund can't wait till this thing drops gonna plop a 17.5 in her and have fun(may go with silver can but I am not looking to race as much as just run around the track with friends so we'll see)
Old 05-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by inpuressa
seems like it uses a standard spur.
The difference with this one seems that you can use LOTS of diff balls for the DD cars(F104). Either way. at least that's figured out.
Where did you see that mentioned?

Would be great if it does
Old 05-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NiMo
Where did you see that mentioned?

Would be great if it does
its on their website. all in jp though.

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/news/newitems/index.htm

The motor plate also seems like you can move the motor quite a bit.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BJS414
Have you seen somewhere that it uses the TRF201 gearbox or is that what you expect?
I haven't seen info specifically. But I ran accross a conversation talking about it.

If you look the pics there is a side cover like many of the 2wd buggys use. and Taimya is usually pretty good about using parts for multiple platforms.

So at this time it is purely speculation

Last edited by tamiyarcracer; 05-01-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by inpuressa
I like the idea, with the exception of banning the PRO. Even the mini class is not that strict. And unless the standard kit comes with it, you need to get universals at least. My old FF01 with dog bones did not fair too well.
I completly understand your point, But I am purely saying for the Nats race. And seeing as body kits might be hard to find, it would make most sence to just say get the civic kit and run it out of the box, and tune it with basic things only like springs and oils, or camber and upper link adjustments.

In my opinion, it would be a completly spec race, where anyone might have a great chance to beat a TRF driver or a past champion.

I might even go as far as saying you had to run the tamiya spec speed control that is provided in the basic kits.

What could be more fun to watch, than 20 cars nose to tail for 8 minutes? Or being the little guy swapping positions with the greats like David Jun, a Randy Caster, a Fred Medel or even a Martin Crisp.

It would be so much better than restrictor plate racing at Talledaga.

Last edited by tamiyarcracer; 05-04-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What's the ETA of the Pro ? And is there any idea what the street price is going to be for either kits?This looks like a really cool class to get involved with. See you guys at the TCS.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:41 AM
Tech Addict

I completly understand your point, But I am purely saying for the Nats race. And seeing as body kits might be hard to find, it would make most sence to just say get the civic kit and run it out of the box, and tune it with basic things only like springs and oils, or camber and upper link adjustments.

In my opinion, it would be a completly spec race, where anyone might have a great chance to beat a TRF driver or a past champion.

I might even go as far as saying you had to run the tamiya spec speed control that is provided in the basic kits.

What could be more fun to watch, than 20 cars nose to tail for 8 minutes? Or being the little guy swapping positions with the greats like David Jun, a Randy Caster, a Fred Medel or even a Martin Crisp.

It would be so much better than restrictor plate racing at Talledaga.
+100

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.