Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomislav
4xx is to much for car that no one of top drivers is running as it is from the box, if you will get all goodies in the box that andy and hara have to use to stay competitive with tamiyas then maybe 4xx is ok but xx have to be very low.
considering the 416x, BD-5W, AND T3 is ABOVE $550.. i think HB is thinking $450 is a good deal? (416x and T3 do not have lipo chassis, so you have to add those at $100 or more....)

i agree with you.. if this car is closer to $400 than it is $450 (pre-order at www.SpeedtechRC.com is the lowest ive seen so far)... then more ppl will be willing to buy it.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Adept

Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies TCX-p1070370.jpg   Hot Bodies TCX-p1070372.jpg  
Old 07-21-2010, 12:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
kits !
When spare parts are available?
Old 07-21-2010, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Box stock TCX is already ready to compete.
Yes, Hara and Andy have been trying something different for testing purposes but that doesn't mean the stock chassis/parts are not competitive. We are always looking for the improvement and come up with something as option parts when we finalize them.

I hope you will have a chance to drive the TCX and you will see how it does.
Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks
Don't get me wrong,i'm hooked on HPI/HB i love that car, i'm 3 years in the row national champion with cyclone without factory team support. I have had 3 cyclones, i have drop to two WCE and TC, my WCE is updated to TC and on all of them i have ad what it takes to be redy to drive hottest motors, alu diff's, mip cvd's, DCJ's and all other goodies, i have box full of parts, i don't brake them i only change spares when the old ones need to be replaced.
I have buy all cyclones under $400 shipped, to that price i have to ad import custom cost around 25%. Now the new price is around $500usd shipped so it's a bit high as for me it would be $625 when i pay custom cost.
I would like to take new TCX to the race track soon but don't have funds like before, if the price stays the same it's more expencive here. With high USD against euro and TCX more expencive then old one i have to use my current cars and give my best to stay fastest one on the track.
Chears!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hebiki
considering the 416x, BD-5W, AND T3 is ABOVE $550.. i think HB is thinking $450 is a good deal? (416x and T3 do not have lipo chassis, so you have to add those at $100 or more....)

i agree with you.. if this car is closer to $400 than it is $450 (pre-order at www.SpeedtechRC.com is the lowest ive seen so far)... then more ppl will be willing to buy it.
Tamiya 416x price dropped to $439 at rcmart, and I have seen in live tamiyas 416 in action against others, and i think it's not all on drivers as all major races(euro/world/lrp/touring series) from 2008 till now are taken by 416 cars/drivers so i't can explane higher street price for tamiya.
HPI/HB is great car but new TCX seams to be little slower then tamiyas so i'm hopping that price will drop as all taems will have lipo chassis soon and i wana have one TCX at home
Old 07-21-2010, 04:50 AM
Tech Addict

Price is not the lowest, but the fact that many parts of CT that I have are compatible, it is convenient for me
But for those who must acqustare TCX and parts, the price is expensive
Old 07-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomislav
Don't get me wrong,i'm hooked on HPI/HB i love that car, i'm 3 years in the row national champion with cyclone without factory team support. I have had 3 cyclones, i have drop to two WCE and TC, my WCE is updated to TC and on all of them i have ad what it takes to be redy to drive hottest motors, alu diff's, mip cvd's, DCJ's and all other goodies, i have box full of parts, i don't brake them i only change spares when the old ones need to be replaced.
I have buy all cyclones under $400 shipped, to that price i have to ad import custom cost around 25%. Now the new price is around $500usd shipped so it's a bit high as for me it would be $625 when i pay custom cost.
I would like to take new TCX to the race track soon but don't have funds like before, if the price stays the same it's more expencive here. With high USD against euro and TCX more expencive then old one i have to use my current cars and give my best to stay fastest one on the track.
Chears!
Hi tomislav,

Thanks for the input and also big thanks for your long term strong support. I really appreciate that. As for the price, we will continue try to provide great products at affordable price but i'm sure that you won't be disappointed with the new TCX and its performance. I hope you will have a chance to drive it very soon.

Please let me know your thoughts if you could have a chance to drive it.
Best regards,
Old 07-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Default spur gears

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows what the largest 48dp spur gear that will fit on the new tcx is? Can the new car take bigger spurs than the tc?
Old 07-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AGNO
When spare parts are available?
Some parts instock !
other parts waitting HB release .
Old 07-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt W
Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows what the largest 48dp spur gear that will fit on the new tcx is? Can the new car take bigger spurs than the tc?
need to use Xenon new VSS spur gear !
but this moment had 64P only
Old 07-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Please note, you do NOT need to use the Xenon VSS spur gears!

Luke
Old 07-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kingcrab
I'm looking at that lipo chassis on the TCX and boy does it look soft. A lot of cutouts ! Probably good on asphault but I'm wondering what it will be like on high grip carpet. I guess time will tell.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

@Luke
Update your Blog Dude ,It was nice to follow you
Old 07-22-2010, 04:56 AM
Tech Addict

Lol yeah, it's been a while, throughout the TCX build though I will be doing a step by step build so at least that will be something to go on there.

:-)
Old 07-22-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

That would be great
Good luck with your new car
Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.