Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes hehe... just scroll around these last few pages... there are tons....
Old 05-16-2004, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by WC
Steve:- imho a Jap calling you "Korean" is a pretty major insult.
(Japs' culture as a whole hates Koreans, not just a recent thing.)
I guess it boils down to the context of then current conversation.

But don't go around telling any Japs they look like Koreans.

Especially the ones with tattoos...
WC,

Oh no...I'm sorry, I should clarify. The owner of Xenon Racing who hosted me while I was there is Korean himself, and he was just saying that I look more Korean than Japanese. hehehehe...I kinda get the vibe about the whole Japanese and Korean thing.

Anyway, back to R/C (specifically EVOIV)

Steve Wang
Old 05-17-2004, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: b3's

Originally posted by tomdav
Yes the B3's are made by sorex and they are the same compound as the 36................................................ ..Ok back from my dream.
That's no good for us in europe, we really miss these old B's... 36 is no use to us unless in really hot summer.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:40 AM
Tech Regular

im confused by this statement.

I also had the opportunity to chat with the designers of the EVO
and the main question I asked them is why Tamiya release two top of the line cars so closely together. He explained that the TRF415 is aimed towards tracks that are tight and twisting in layout where handling is more significant and the EVO IV is aimed towards tracks that are more flowing and wide open where top speed and acceleration is more important. He said the EVO IV is not meant to replace the TRF415. What Tamiya is trying to offer is two different types of car to suite all driving and track needs. According to him, both cars are considered to be top of the line cars from Tamiya. The Tamiya Japan drivers will be competing at the Reedy Race this year with the TRF415.

So does that mean the evo4 will suck on twisty tracks and also the evo4 is the car with all the new minor adjustments... so should that be the best where handling is more significant?!?!?

So when are they going to release the 415 with the evo4 suspension.... thats what im waiting for!! 4154 ( extra 4 because of the evo4 suspension ) or the Evo4S , what ever comes first.

thanks

Tarnjit

PS: steve did you have the chance to ask about a surikarn edition or any full option versions soon to come.. if any
Old 05-17-2004, 04:07 AM
Tech Regular

No matter how good a chassis balance you get with a shaft drive car it will always get some torq steer , but a belt drive car will not hence they will be a better handling chassis for tight and twisty tracks.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:11 AM
Tech Regular

i see i see, damn torque steer
Old 05-17-2004, 04:29 AM
Tech Addict

the suspension design (and setup) of the 415 is very well suited for short and twisty tracks, but I reckon longer camber links like on the 414M series are more suited for fast and flowing tracks.

Same for longer arms...
Old 05-17-2004, 06:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Default B4 ! ?

I think this is the SUBARU B4 TWIN TURBO !! SICK CAR !!!
Old 05-17-2004, 08:36 AM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

No, the previous model B4 had the twin turbos. This is it:

The latest model "GT" only has a single turbo, but is better than
previous model in many many ways.

(Big Suby fan, but can't stand WRXes)

Originally posted by Cobra81li200
the suspension design (and setup) of the 415 is very well suited for short and twisty tracks, but I reckon longer camber links like on the 414M series are more suited for fast and flowing tracks.

Same for longer arms...
Nothing stopping one from retrofitting the traditional TA04
suspension to the EvoIV I guess...
Old 05-17-2004, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Evo_Uk
im confused by this statement.

I also had the opportunity to chat with the designers of the EVO
and the main question I asked them is why Tamiya release two top of the line cars so closely together. He explained that the TRF415 is aimed towards tracks that are tight and twisting in layout where handling is more significant and the EVO IV is aimed towards tracks that are more flowing and wide open where top speed and acceleration is more important. He said the EVO IV is not meant to replace the TRF415. What Tamiya is trying to offer is two different types of car to suite all driving and track needs. According to him, both cars are considered to be top of the line cars from Tamiya. The Tamiya Japan drivers will be competing at the Reedy Race this year with the TRF415.

So does that mean the evo4 will suck on twisty tracks and also the evo4 is the car with all the new minor adjustments... so should that be the best where handling is more significant?!?!?

So when are they going to release the 415 with the evo4 suspension.... thats what im waiting for!! 4154 ( extra 4 because of the evo4 suspension ) or the Evo4S , what ever comes first.

thanks

Tarnjit

PS: steve did you have the chance to ask about a surikarn edition or any full option versions soon to come.. if any
Tarnjit,

Think of it this way: Tamiya wants to offer two types of top of the line car, one for tight, technical type track and one for wide open, high speed track. It doesn't mean you can't get an EVO IV to work well on a tight and twisty track, however, ultimately, a racers with enough setup knowledge will get a 415 working better than an EVO IV on a tight technical track,and the opposite is true for EVO IV. I'm not sure if the EVO IV suspensio pieces will work on the 415, I'm not sure if that was taken into consideration in designing either car (to have the suspension interchangeable).

What I was trying to point out with my statement (and this is the point that the designer was trying to get across to the US consumer too) was that the EVO IV is NOT a replacement of the TRF415. Tamiya wants to offer two top cars for the racers to choose and will continue to do so in the future.

As for Surikarn editions...Tamiya only release special editions like that after the driver has won a big race with the car...so maybe after the EVO IV win a big race is when we'll see a limited edition like that

Steve Wang
Old 05-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

It also has something to do with Tech designing the 41x cars and TRF designing the Evo cars...

I think I'm gonna stick with my Evo3 for a while....Just got it, have no cash & just because a new car comes out, doesn't render an old one in-competative....I'm doing better with the Evo3 outdoors than I've ever done w/a TC3
Old 05-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this car looks yummy
Old 05-17-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

argh so hard to just sit here and talk about this new car! i want to get it!

Anyways are there specs for the car?
Old 05-17-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by The Black Kat
It also has something to do with Tech designing the 41x cars and TRF designing the Evo cars...

I think I'm gonna stick with my Evo3 for a while....Just got it, have no cash & just because a new car comes out, doesn't render an old one in-competative....I'm doing better with the Evo3 outdoors than I've ever done w/a TC3
Tech doesn't design all the 41X cars, TRF does it, only the 415 was designed by Tech.

The TB and TRF teams are different.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Steve,

was there any mention of a conversion kit from evo3 to evo4???

thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.